Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sianelly)
    Thats no problem and thank you for the good luck, be sure to keep us informed of any offers thats occur. They sound like great courses! All of mine are three years expect Plymouth which I can do a placement year, but I can opt to do a placement year in the others I think?

xx
    I will do... make sure you keep me informed too! I'm sure you can find out easily if you just ask them I just want to do a four year course to hopefully earn money and make contacts in the industry....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrltg100)
    Nearly 4 weeks on now and only 1 offer, the other 4 uni's haven't even acknowledged my application!

York St. John replied to my email however, anyone applying there? It's my top choice but anyway they said that they haven't looked at anyone's application at all! :mad:
    If you can, choose Hertfordshire over Bedfordshire, their campus is sooo much better than Bedfordshires. Luton is a dump!

ReputationRep:
    I'm so glad I have an offer from Sheffield because now if I get rejected from the others, I will have somewhere that I wouldn't mind going XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gozatron)
    If you can, choose Hertfordshire over Bedfordshire, their campus is sooo much better than Bedfordshires. Luton is a dump!
    hertfordshire campus is loverly but you also have to take into consideration that hertfordshire is in a smalll town, which is mainly just houses there...nothing to do...i know they have opened a new club on the campus but i can imagine you getting verrry bored of 3 yrs visiting the same place! plus i can imagine they is not alot of job oppitunities there either due to the tiny location....the uni would be better if it was in a different town. i know they are a few other towns surrounding BUT they are a train ride or bus ride away ( and trust me the travel costs will add up) and also hatfield is a dump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikki-jones2009)
    hertfordshire campus is loverly but you also have to take into consideration that hertfordshire is in a smalll town, which is mainly just houses there...nothing to do...i know they have opened a new club on the campus but i can imagine you getting verrry bored of 3 yrs visiting the same place! plus i can imagine they is not alot of job oppitunities there either due to the tiny location....the uni would be better if it was in a different town. i know they are a few other towns surrounding BUT they are a train ride or bus ride away ( and trust me the travel costs will add up) and also hatfield is a dump
    Fair enough

But the thought of somebody spending the best three years of their loves in Luton, make me feel sad for them! :p:

ReputationRep:
    I've been acknowledged by kings and asked to send a creative writing sample by nottz.. I want moorrreeee ! X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gozatron)
    Fair enough

But the thought of somebody spending the best three years of their loves in Luton, make me feel sad for them! :p:
    lolz maybe luton and hatfield are the same (trash) lolz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy124)
    Yeah iknow, was so shocked to hear from them so early. But i wouldnt worry cos all the depts give theirs out at different times. When did you send your app away?
    Im bloody raging now! lol
    I sent my off on the 8th of October, then it was processed on the 11th. :/
    3 weeks ago and no offers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy124)
    Yeah iknow, was so shocked to hear from them so early. But i wouldnt worry cos all the depts give theirs out at different times. When did you send your app away?
    3 weeks ago and no offers when did you send yours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Irishmonkey1992)
    3 weeks ago and no offers when did you send yours?
    i sent mine off on the 23rd of sept and i havnt had any offers:/

ReputationRep:
    1 week now. 1 acknowledgment, 0 offers. This is going to be very long.

ReputationRep:
    By the way good luck everyone with offers...just to let you know UCAS gets up dated twice a day... 10am and 5pm, so if you haven't got anything immediately after these 2 times then you know you don't have to worry for the rest of the day,
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by marvenh)
    By the way good luck everyone with offers...just to let you know UCAS gets up dated twice a day... 10am and 5pm, so if you haven't got anything immediately after these 2 times then you know you don't have to worry for the rest of the day,
    Thank you!!!

ReputationRep:
    Ive just got an conditional offer from the University of Birmingham for psychology
    Soo happy!!!
    Quote me if you have also got a place at Birmingham for Psychology

ReputationRep:
    Bloody Hull and their 'unofficial conditional' (sounds like a good album title though right?). It's as if their teasing me! Fingers crossed nothing will get changed, I'm presuming this all means Hull just haven't got round to processing it to UCAS.

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer from UEA today for psychology

ReputationRep:
    Another day, another disappointing lack of emails when will the agony end cruel UCAS??

ReputationRep:
    got two offers so far and i only applied a week ago, not trying to rub it in anyones faces
    conditional from essex where i have to get an A in accounting and a conditional from Brunel which will turn into an unconditional when i send my certificates to them good times

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got an acknowledgment for Political Science at Birmingham?
    It's the only one I haven't had an acknowledgement from.

And I still have no offers 3 weeks after sending off my application.

ReputationRep:
    I just got an offer from Nottingham for Biochemistry!
    They only want BBB which is pretty low I think !? :grin:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 10, 2011

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.