Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The *waiting for news is driving me crazy* Uberthread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gilbird)
    It's it alright to not get offers when application processed on the 12th?
    All my unis acknowledged me, but some others are getting offers :/
    Some Universities take longer than others to give out offers, and some departments take longer than others to give out offers! Some may process the applications in batches, so you may have to wait longer than others who applied a few days before you.

It won't be a hinderance to have applied on the 12th. Be patient and I'm sure the offers will flood in before too long

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilgnome3)
    Some Universities take longer than others to give out offers, and some departments take longer than others to give out offers! Some may process the applications in batches, so you may have to wait longer than others who applied a few days before you.

It won't be a hinderance to have applied on the 12th. Be patient and I'm sure the offers will flood in before too long
    I guess, Chemistry is a competitive thing to do and the unis are quite good.
    But then you just can't help but to panic don't you, when offers are flooding in for the others. :/
    Ahh well, patience is a virtue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gilbird)
    I guess, Chemistry is a competitive thing to do and the unis are quite good.
    But then you just can't help but to panic don't you, when offers are flooding in for the others. :/
    Ahh well, patience is a virtue.
    I agree completely, I panicked so much when I heard of other people getting offers for the course I applied to at the Uni's I applied to. Just try not to panic too much, because you might not hear anything until January, and you don't want to torture yourself for 3 months!

Patience is a virtue,
    Virtue is grace,
    Grace is a little girl who wouldn't wash her face.

I don't know why I just sang that in my head...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IFondledAGibbon)
    October 20th. So you've got the jump on me there. Might I ask what your grades are like? I got ABCC at AS and I'm predicted ABB at A2...
    Yeah, only a few weeks! I'm sure they'll start replying soon! Yeah, I got AAAB at AS this year, and a B in 2009. Annd, I'm predicted A*A*A*A, but it's more likely to be A*AAA. You've definately got the grades for it though. And with a decent personal statement, there should be no reason why they don't consider giving you a place. :grin:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brendan.)
    Yeah, only a few weeks! I'm sure they'll start replying soon! Yeah, I got AAAB at AS this year, and a B in 2009. Annd, I'm predicted A*A*A*A, but it's more likely to be A*AAA. You've definately got the grades for it though. And with a decent personal statement, there should be no reason why they don't consider giving you a place. :grin:
    Ah, nice grades, I see why you got an offer so quickly! I just wish they would reply soon, :mad: although I have recived a conditional offer from Northumbra (my last choice).

ReputationRep:
    First acknowledgement!!! It's for Bournemouth where I don't want to go but still. Unis have got my application :woo:

EDIT: And now an acknowledgement from Worcester too! Its turning out to be quite a good day!
    EDIT II:And an acknowledgement from Hull as well. Even better!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tabers)
    First acknowledgment!!! It's for Bournemouth where I don't want to go but still. Unis have got my application :woo:
    If you don't want to go there then why the hell did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muffinz)
    If you don't want to go there then why the hell did you apply?
    I like the university and everything so I've left it as my last choice but I'm not too keen on the course. They've only just put up a new version of the course content and it says you have to do cell biology which I cannot do at all.

ReputationRep:
    The lack of offers upsets me. Deeply.

ReputationRep:
    FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU- I just want replies. I don't care if they're rejections JUST ****ING REPLY

ReputationRep:
    EEK so many people have offers already! Really want one now...badly :/

Has anyone been acknowledged by Newcastle to say they have actually recieved the application?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IFondledAGibbon)
    Ah, nice grades, I see why you got an offer so quickly! I just wish they would reply soon, :mad: although I have recived a conditional offer from Northumbra (my last choice).
    Awh, I'm sure they will reply soon. Quite alot of people that I know have recieved offers from Nottingham! I've only got one though, I wants loads more! aha.

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, add me to the list of people impatiently waiting for offers. I sent mine in a couple of weeks ago, and since then I've been checking my email like never before. :<

ReputationRep:
    I hate this wait!

What irks me the most is that I bet it takes admissions tutors a mere two minutes to make a decision. I feel like shouting 'PLEASE SIR, DEDICATE TWO MINUTES OF YOUR TIME TO PUT ME OUT OF MY MISERY!"

ReputationRep:
    I have one offer so I don't feel so crazy any more but the track obsession will most definitely go on. :/

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know if all the universities are on a reading week? I know some that are and just wondering whether I should give up hope of offers this week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunlightxstarbright)
    Anyone know if all the universities are on a reading week? I know some that are and just wondering whether I should give up hope of offers this week.
    reading week?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimbles)
    reading week?
    Like a half-term.

ReputationRep:
    Like a half-term.
    oh, I'm pretty sure that all uni's will still be working.

ReputationRep:
    The scientists don't get reading week so the university is still up and running.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 10, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.