Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anti)
    Just click on the course code and choose "Substitute Choice", it's underneath the choice details. Make sure you click this one, not "Cancel" though!
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matthew93)
    Sent off my UCAS today (see sig), although I am having second thoughts over one of my choices already! -_-

I read on the UCAS website that you can change up to 2 weeks after receiving your welcome letter. Has anyone here done this?
    Beware, you will soon become a track addict
    And i changed one of my choices today! I changed portsmouth to sheffield Hallam, because i knew i deffo didnt want to go there! And ive been to sheffield Hallam on an open day! Yeah you only have 2 weeks to change it, so make a decision

ReputationRep:
    How do you get an acknowledgement? Is the universities that email you to say they have recieved it? or does it come up on track ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by casiogeek)
    And i changed one of my choices today! I changed portsmouth to sheffield Hallam, because i knew i deffo didnt want to go there! And ive been to sheffield Hallam on an open day! Yeah you only have 2 weeks to change it, so make a decision
    Haha thanks I've applied to Edinburgh twice ya see, now i think it's too risky

ReputationRep:
    woo u applying to hallam too:d

ReputationRep:
    How do you get an acknowledgement? Is the universities that email you to say they have recieved it? or does it come up on track ?
    Unis email you. Some don't acknowledge *cough* Lancaster *cough* but most seem to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikki-jones2009)
    i live in hull...i can go sort them out for you if you want lol
    :laugh: :hugs;
    Thank you for the kind offer but I wouldn't want you arrested for disrupting the peace!

ReputationRep:
    Does the layout of the person statement affect your chances?

I checked it on Saturday and it was in paragraphs and looked fine! But today there's breaks in the lines!
    It got sent today will I get rejected?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else not received an offer from Birmingham for law?

ReputationRep:
    woo u applying to hallam too:d

Yeah i am what course you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    I got an Acknowledgement this morning from wolverhampton (finally glad to hear something) How long do you reckon ill have to wait for a decision? In the email they said 'we will contact you shortly' ...dont know how long shortly is?

ReputationRep:
    I got an Acknowledgement this morning from wolverhampton (finally glad to hear something) How long do you reckon ill have to wait for a decision? In the email they said 'we will contact you shortly' ...dont know how long shortly is?
    Okay i've changed my choices, now they aren't in alphabetical order? Does this matter? All my choices are still at no decision made, so it was fine to change them right?!

ReputationRep:
    Okay i've changed my choices, now they aren't in alphabetical order? Does this matter? All my choices are still at no decision made, so it was fine to change them right?!
    Doesn't matter.

ReputationRep:
    Mine aren't in alphabetical order so dont worry ! I havent got any offers yet either
    Yeah, it was fine to change them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colour Me Pretty)
    Does the layout of the person statement affect your chances?

I checked it on Saturday and it was in paragraphs and looked fine! But today there's breaks in the lines!
    It got sent today will I get rejected?
    Ok, I thought I was neurotic but you're worse than me!
    I'm sure the admissions tutor will realise that sometimes formatting goes a bit pear shaped. Has it been sent off to UCAS or just your referee? If it's the latter, ask them to send it back to you. If it's the former, there's nothing you can do. I doubt they'll reject you because of something petty like that and if they do then tbf, they probably just wanted a reason to reject you anyway! Seriously, take a deep breath and stop worrying. That's coming from someone who worries over EVERYTHING. :hugs: As long as the content is good, it shouldn't *really* matter.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i am what course you applying for?
    building surveying...lol..wt bwt you? when did you send off your app?

ReputationRep:
    building surveying...lol..wt bwt you? when did you send off your app?
    ahh cool Medical Science for me and i sent it off on the 11th nov. But i changed a my choice from portsmouth to sheffield hallam yesterdayy ...you got any offers yet?

ReputationRep:
    ahh cool Medical Science for me and i sent it off on the 11th nov. But i changed a my choice from portsmouth to sheffield hallam yesterdayy ...you got any offers yet?
    an offer from trent. thats it:/ u

ReputationRep:
    I've Got 4 Offers Now, literally hoping to God Sussex give me an offer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    Ok, I thought I was neurotic but you're worse than me!
    I'm sure the admissions tutor will realise that sometimes formatting goes a bit pear shaped. Has it been sent off to UCAS or just your referee? If it's the latter, ask them to send it back to you. If it's the former, there's nothing you can do. I doubt they'll reject you because of something petty like that and if they do then tbf, they probably just wanted a reason to reject you anyway! Seriously, take a deep breath and stop worrying. That's coming from someone who worries over EVERYTHING. :hugs: As long as the content is good, it shouldn't *really* matter.
    Haha thank you!
    No my application got sent today! I kept checking it when I had a break. :o:
    It's still in paragraphs but there's awkward breaks in the line, so it doesn't look very tidy! I'm happy with the content however.

Thanks for reassuring me anyway, I'll sleep easier tonight.:p:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 10, 2011
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.