Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I thought that University of Hull had sent me a letter giving me an offer. But it was just an applicants guide telling me that they have my application. You told me that in an email 2 weeks ago. And Uni of Cumbria sent me an email yesterday dinner telling me that they'd made me an offer but it still isn't up on ucas :grr:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by casiogeek)
    Did you have to put your middle name on your UCAS application?
    I didnt and now im scareddddddd
    At first I didn't but it was on all of my certificates and I was told that because of this it was useful for linking exam results to my application. So I emailed all of the uni's I'm applying to and rang UCAS. It's now on all of my records at the uni's and UCAS has changed it. I don't think its essential but if its on your exam certificates it could cause less chance of a disruption when it comes to the time when results are out.

ReputationRep:
    After weeks, I finally have been acknowledged by KCL!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tabers)
    I thought that University of Hull had sent me a letter giving me an offer. But it was just an applicants guide telling me that they have my application. You told me that in an email 2 weeks ago. And Uni of Cumbria sent me an email yesterday dinner telling me that they'd made me an offer but it still isn't up on ucas :grr:
    Hull has done the same thing to me Cumbria's done to you! I apparently have an offer but a week later, no sign on UCAS. Pah.

ReputationRep:
    The waiting is, officially, driving me crazy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    Hull has done the same thing to me Cumbria's done to you! I apparently have an offer but a week later, no sign on UCAS. Pah.
    I hope it doesn't take that long. If it does I'm ringing UCAS and the admissions department. Have you had one of those applicants guides from Hull?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by casiogeek)
    I sent mine last thursday aswell! So far ive only had one acknowledgement (well i originally had portsmouth down, but the other day i subsituted it for Sheffield hallam, and today i got an acknowledgement from them - i wanted it to be from my other choices)
    I just want to go on there and be atleast one offer!

I check like every hour, hoping and praying its not a blank column
    Ahh I know. What makes it worse is that I know someone who's got sent off on Friday, and he's already got 2 offers
    I've been told that some unis don't send out acknowledgement emails, so I'm trying not to worry too much haha.
    Where've you applied?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ohmydarlings)
    Ahh I know. What makes it worse is that I know someone who's got sent off on Friday, and he's already got 2 offers
    I've been told that some unis don't send out acknowledgement emails, so I'm trying not to worry too much haha.
    Where've you applied?
    Yeah i know people that are getting offers aswell
    I've applied to:
    Oxford Brookes
    Manchester Metropolitan
    Sheffield Hallam
    Wolverhampton (acknowledged)
    Hertfordshire

I just want one offer and then ill calm down abit
    Where've you applied?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tabers)
    I hope it doesn't take that long. If it does I'm ringing UCAS and the admissions department. Have you had one of those applicants guides from Hull?
    Yeah, got the applicant guide today and I received the offer via letter on the 12th. It hasn't *really* been that long, it's only been 5 days. So not quite a week.
    Still, I wouldn't have thought it would take that long to (presumably) press a button? I'm scared to call the admissions department in case they take my offer back! :blush:
    I think that's a good idea though, I think I'll email Hull!

ReputationRep:
    Soooo jealous of some of you!!

my app went out on SEPTEMBER 27TH and all I have is one offer .... =(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayjaybird33)

im the same as you!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayjaybird33)

Ditto, but mine went September 7th so annoying!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neutralmilkhotel)
    I got a letter from Liverpool uni today. Started getting worried, then opened it and it was ANOTHER acknowledgement. Why must they mess with my head?
    They did that to me! Sent me two emails on two different email addresses (no idea how they got the second one!) and then sent me a letter, all worded exactly the same! At least they definitely have your application I guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 99 Red Balloons)
    They did that to me! Sent me two emails on two different email addresses (no idea how they got the second one!) and then sent me a letter, all worded exactly the same! At least they definitely have your application I guess
    Liverpool seem very keen! I both like it and hate it.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if I'll get any this week... for some reason, this week I haven't been so crazy about it... maybe because I have two offers and I'm safe! But really hope NTU give me an offer...
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Feel so much calmer now, got 2 offers and in interview from Emma College Cambridge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimbles)
    I wonder if I'll get any this week... for some reason, this week I haven't been so crazy about it... maybe because I have two offers and I'm safe! But really hope NTU give me an offer...
    same the excitement has worn off :/ and ive kind of got use to the fact that i wion't be hearinig anything any time soon!lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikki-jones2009)
    same the excitement has worn off :/ and ive kind of got use to the fact that i wion't be hearinig anything any time soon!lol
    So it's not just me haha! I just hope NTU get back to me soon with an offer.... Then I am all sorted

So I'm guessing you've heard nothing else yet either? lol

ReputationRep:
    A month today I sent off my UCAS and still no offers....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimbles)
    So it's not just me haha! I just hope NTU get back to me soon with an offer.... Then I am all sorted

So I'm guessing you've heard nothing else yet either? lol
    nopeee!1 sheffield hallam are been mean to me!!! . with they would send my offer!!! and i hope its a unconditional too since i have been waiting sooooooo long!

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.