The Student Room Group

The *waiting for news is driving me crazy* Uberthread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1120
Original post by diamonddust
B
Emailed Hull and my offer should be on track by Monday. I feel a bit insensitive complaining when it's only been 2 weeks but my Kent offer is getting lonely!
Good luck everyone! Ignore me, just looking for an excuse to moan!

I'm glad you've managed to get that offer from Hull sorted. To be honest after a week I'd complain so you have more patience from me. Still haven't had my offer from Cumbria put on UCAS and its been 3 days now. I hope Hull hurry up and say they will at least give me an offer, I've now decided I think thats where I want to go.
Original post by glitterphobia
Thanks so much for this, saw the UCAS people in my college today and they sent it off. Good job I asked! XD

Glad it has gone! Let the waiting commence lol :smile:
Original post by jaydemikaela
It's worrying how I post my offers on TSR before I tell my Mum :rolleyes:

Ditto! I really don't want to know what that says about me!

Original post by Tabers
I'm glad you've managed to get that offer from Hull sorted. To be honest after a week I'd complain so you have more patience from me. Still haven't had my offer from Cumbria put on UCAS and its been 3 days now. I hope Hull hurry up and say they will at least give me an offer, I've now decided I think thats where I want to go.

Good luck! I'm sure you'll get an offer! :biggrin:
Reply 1122
Mine was sent off 10 days ago, and still no offers. :frown: I'll wait 2 weeks, then start panicking!

Ditto! I really don't want to know what that says about me!

I think it shows that we know fellow applicants knows what it feels like more than our mother! :colondollar:
i sent my UCAS to my college for reference 42 hours ago and they *still* havent sent it lol

Oh i can see this being a long long wait, i'm not even on track yet and i keep checking my emails, i'm obsessed. I must have issues :smile:
Gonna ask a quick question. Didn't want to make a whole thread about it cause 1 person could probably answer this. Can universities give offers higher than your predicted grades, if they really wanted to? For example predicted a B in Higher Computing (Scot Quals), but if they wanted, could they offer me a conditional with an A in it? Just I think I could get an A in it, but my UCAS is sent so it can't be changed (it can't be changed eh, I sent it 4 days ago?). Thanks :smile:
Original post by matthew93
Gonna ask a quick question. Didn't want to make a whole thread about it cause 1 person could probably answer this. Can universities give offers higher than your predicted grades, if they really wanted to? For example predicted a B in Higher Computing (Scot Quals), but if they wanted, could they offer me a conditional with an A in it? Just I think I could get an A in it, but my UCAS is sent so it can't be changed (it can't be changed eh, I sent it 4 days ago?). Thanks :smile:

Yeah they can. There's someone on the applications and UCAS subforum complaining about that very issue. On the flip side, they can also give you an offer lower than your predicted grades! :biggrin:

Does anyone know when you're meant to set up a student bank account and apply for student finance? Because I think you can theoretically apply for student finance now but I don't have a student account and I don't really want to give them my current bank details. Meh.
Argghhhhhh. over a week since it was sent. no offers as of yet. enough said i think. :angry:
Reply 1128
Original post by danielle-dansmell
Argghhhhhh. over a week since it was sent. no offers as of yet. enough said i think. :angry:

Over two month since my application was sent and no offers yet! :biggrin:
Original post by Robin123

Oh no!! :frown::s-smilie:

Looked at your choices and it's as I suspected! :tongue:
Uber competitive unis! Good luck! :hugs:
Reply 1131
I got an email from UCAS (application status notification) saying something has changed (so like an offer/rejection) and to see it on track, but when i logged on nothing had changed? is this normal, or is track just taking ages to update?
Does it actually say on UCAS Track 'acknowledged' Or are people just saying they are acknowledged because an e-mail or letter said so?
Reply 1133
Yeah they can. There's someone on the applications and UCAS subforum complaining about that very issue. On the flip side, they can also give you an offer lower than your predicted grades! :biggrin:

Does anyone know when you're meant to set up a student bank account and apply for student finance? Because I think you can theoretically apply for student finance now but I don't have a student account and I don't really want to give them my current bank details. Meh.

You can't apply for it yet. I had an assembly this morning on it and we were told the form isn't up on the website yet or the specific information for 2011 entry.
Reply 1134
Original post by adel91
I got an email from UCAS (application status notification) saying something has changed (so like an offer/rejection) and to see it on track, but when i logged on nothing had changed? is this normal, or is track just taking ages to update?

It could be a change in the campus or college or something like that. It doesn't have to be an offer or rejection change.
Reply 1135
I've had an email telling me that something has changed on track but its not working for me at the minute :grr: :mad:
Reply 1136
Original post by matthew93
Does it actually say on UCAS Track 'acknowledged' Or are people just saying they are acknowledged because an e-mail or letter said so?

Its when people get an email or letter basically saying thank you for your application and that it will be considered.
Reply 1137
Original post by Whisky Chaser
i sent my UCAS to my college for reference 42 hours ago and they *still* havent sent it lol

Oh i can see this being a long long wait, i'm not even on track yet and i keep checking my emails, i'm obsessed. I must have issues :smile:

Yeah it can be a long wait. At my school it goes through extra checking so it can take weeks before it is actually sent. It usually comes back to us to change something because they are very very picky.
Original post by Tabers

Original post by Tabers
You can't apply for it yet. I had an assembly this morning on it and we were told the form isn't up on the website yet or the specific information for 2011 entry.

Good, because I've just realised I've lost my NI card and I don't know my number. :sigh:

Yay! Just checked Track and Hull have finally put my offer up! Now I need Lancaster, UEA and RHUL to hurry the hell up, haha! RHUL say they take 4 to 6 weeks to decide so :sleep:, might as well do something productive in the meantime like actually revise. Anyone finding that Track is taking over their lives?
Reply 1139
Good, because I've just realised I've lost my NI card and I don't know my number. :sigh:

Yay! Just checked Track and Hull have finally put my offer up! Now I need Lancaster, UEA and RHUL to hurry the hell up, haha! RHUL say they take 4 to 6 weeks to decide so :sleep:, might as well do something productive in the meantime like actually revise. Anyone finding that Track is taking over their lives?

Yes its taking over mine. Especially seen as I've had an email telling me its changed and its not working :angry:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending