Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The *waiting for news is driving me crazy* Uberthread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Pleeeeeease hurry up Leicester! I hate waiting so much.

ReputationRep:
    Argh my application went off on the 12th and still absolutely nothing except an acknowledgement email from Hull and a letter from Hull saying I should have an offer on track soon. I think I'm in for a long wait

ReputationRep:
    I sent my UCAS off on the 15th October deadline and I still have NOTHING!!!:banghead:

ReputationRep:
    my reference was finaly added yesterday afternoon and sent to ucas and ten minutes ago i've had an email with an acknowledgement from York so things are moving along quite quickly

I know it's only an acknowledgement but my heart was racing. It's silly but after that email it's only really just sunk in how much i actually want this

Fingers crossed i get an offer soon, i'll be a bag of nerves until then!

ReputationRep:
    I don't actually want to check my track any more after that rejection a few weeks ago. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Sent mine on the 15th Nov. Had Acknowledgements off Durham, Warwick and Liverpool so far. The first two basically said they wont make a decision until at least the Jan deadline :/ . Hopefully that is just the generic letter they send out to everyone though.

Heard sod all off Manchester and Leeds though so far !

ReputationRep:
    I sent my application off yesterday and the wait is already killing me >.<

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone recieved an offer through the post first and then by email and ucas track?

Also has anyone recieved an offer before receiving the welcome pack from ucas?

ReputationRep:
    This wait is killing me... I sent my application on 25th September, secretly hoping that this would get me early decisions, but now it seems I'll have to wait until spring like many others.
    I can't read TSR this time around, because everytime I read a post with a signature, there's always something along the lines of, "I have got an offer from this and that" - basically, what annoys me to a greater extent is when someone gets an offer from the uni I'm applying to, even for the same subject! I tend to think, "Why it ain't me getting an offer as well?" Luckily, I am receiving Oxford's decision about the interviews this week, so I will not be nervous anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ivanka)
    This wait is killing me... I sent my application on 25th September, secretly hoping that this would get me early decisions, but now it seems I'll have to wait until spring like many others.
    I can't read TSR this time around, because everytime I read a post with a signature, there's always something along the lines of, "I have got an offer from this and that" - basically, what annoys me to a greater extent is when someone gets an offer from the uni I'm applying to, even for the same subject! I tend to think, "Why it ain't me getting an offer as well?" Luckily, I am receiving Oxford's decision about the interviews this week, so I will not be nervous anymore.
    Agreed! Almost everyone I know has got at least one offer and I sent my thing off well over a month ago now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ishbel)
    Agreed! Almost everyone I know has got at least one offer and I sent my thing off well over a month ago now
    Nottingham's will be early next year, and Warwick's could be....well any time at all.

Oxford's will be next.

ReputationRep:
    I've got an interview for Bedfordshire Midwifery but I've heard nothing from any of the other universities and I'm getting nervous because it seems everyone else is getting offers. When should I expect offers from DeMontford, Birmingham City and Leeds?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommy1311)
    Nottingham's will be early next year, and Warwick's could be....well any time at all.

Oxford's will be next.
    True about Oxford, but Nottingham is not true for all cases, as I already have an offer (weeks ago ) and many people I know have been given interview dates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Van Grall)
    True about Oxford, but Nottingham is not true for all cases, as I already have an offer (weeks ago ) and many people I know have been given interview dates.
    An offer for Law?

ReputationRep:
    I received my first offer today! I thought I was going to go mad! :p:
    (York, L201, AAB.)

ReputationRep:
    I want news! Up until today I've been fine about hearing nothing, but now I'm just getting impatient

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vekeh)
    I want news! Up until today I've been fine about hearing nothing, but now I'm just getting impatient
    My friend logged on to her email today and had two new offers! I was so much more excited than her it was ridiculous lol.

ReputationRep:
    i know what you guys mean. its awful waiting around for offers D: i keep hearing of people getting offers and some of my friends have and i'm just like, i want one! good luck to everyone and i hope you get offers soon

ReputationRep:
    Here's all of us hearing nothing - a friend of mine got two offers the day after sending off her UCAS - and that was only last week!

Sometimes things just aren't fair.

ReputationRep:
    My ucas application was sent around 2 weeks ago, and ive recieved emails from 3 out of the 4 uni's ive applied to, saying "thankyou for your application" etc... but brightons my top choice and i havent received anything??? Is anyone else in the same situation???

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 10, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.