The Student Room Group

The *waiting for news is driving me crazy* Uberthread

Scroll to see replies

Hurry up Leicester :angry:
Reply 1301
One week since I sent it off and not even a single acknowledgement on Track (got one by mail though).
Original post by MJay91
One week since I sent it off and not even a single acknowledgement on Track (got one by mail though).

Acknowledgements don't show up on Track, and having them within a week of sending would be very fast indeed.
Original post by KingMessi
Got an interview for Oxford. :woo: First news I've heard since UCAS went off....

:woo: Wow, well done! Oxford don't interview most of their applicants so you must have a really good chance! :
Just realised that on my application I put Photography simply as 'Photography', rather than 'Art and Design: Photography'. I know this sounds incredibly paranoid, but is there really a difference?
Original post by diamonddust
:woo: Wow, well done! Oxford don't interview most of their applicants so you must have a really good chance! :

Thanks. :smile: I have no idea where to start with preparation, so I think that I'm going to just re-read my personal statement to begin with.....
Original post by MJay91

Acknowledgements mean nothing really. I have 3 acknowledgements out of 5, and the 2 that didn't give me one were the ones that gave me offers first.
Original post by Woolf's muse
It's true:colondollar: I've avoided my laptop all day- so I don't waste time worrying about it!

Good! Hang on, before you will realise the wait will be over. :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by LettersFromTheSky
After weeks, I finally have been acknowledged by KCL!

I know! they took so long to acknowledge me too! and I emailed them about something in september and they got back to me like 2 weeks ago! I have a feeling we're gonna be waiting long for decisions lol :tongue:
We've both got offers from Brunel yay! :cool:
Original post by 99 Red Balloons
Just realised that on my application I put Photography simply as 'Photography', rather than 'Art and Design: Photography'. I know this sounds incredibly paranoid, but is there really a difference?

I really dont think it'll matter that much, don't stress out.
Reply 1310
I sent of my application on the 9th of November, and so far I only have an interview at my insurance choice...the suspense is killing me!!!!
Reply 1311
Original post by Guy92
I sent of my application on the 9th of November, and so far I only have an interview at my insurance choice...the suspense is killing me!!!!

I sent on the 1st of November and I still have no answer except 4 acknowledgements. I doubt if it's a good sign..
Reply 1312
Original post by 99 Red Balloons

I did A&D: Photography and I found that looking around at those lists that some unis publish about 'acceptable' A levels Art and Design is nearly always acceptable, whereas Photography is not... which doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Since you already have four offers they clearly don't think it's unacceptable, so I wouldn't worry, it'll only be highlighted when they see your certificates. I guess if you're really worried you could ring UCAS?
Reply 1313
More anxious then ever with a rejection from Oxford, makes me feel as if my LNAT could be shocking and that I'm going to get accepted nowhere. :P
I feel the same even with offers, the wait for more offers or rejections is killing me :rolleyes:
This waiting is sending me so insane that if I ever get an offer I'll be too mentally disturbed to make it to uni anyway.

Nervous wreck... pathetic haha.
Reply 1316
Joining this thread :biggrin: Luckily I'm not applying for 'big' universities - UEL is my first choice cause of their dance program, so hoooopefully I'll get in. :biggrin:
Reply 1317
Original post by Pheebs1201
I feel the same even with offers, the wait for more offers or rejections is killing me :rolleyes:

I'm even a bit miffed that Essex haven't acknowledged my application, and they're my backup!:confused:
I got an offer for UEA english lit after exactly two weeks, so hey give it a few more days :smile:
Original post by Woolf's muse
Hi, I sent off my application for uni last thursday to study english lit at Durham, Warwick, Kent, Essex and UEA and now I'm getting progressively more impatient, as more people get offers, yep, I know it was only little over a week ago ,but I can't help it, man I need to see some replies!:redface:
Please tell me I am not the only person who feels this way.

I'm in the same boat :frown: applied to Warwick, York, Lancaster, Nottingham and Loughborough for English on November 17th, acknowledgements but no offers yet. I know its stupid to worry yet, but I'm going crazy here! So you are definitely not alone being ridiculously impatient :smile:

Quick Reply