Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I think I might kill myself if I get a rejection before any offers. Either that or the stress will do it for me. :/

ReputationRep:
    Got my first offer today!!! from Bangor for Law with French. Not my first choice, but it's a step in the right direction

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mooniibuggy)
    Don't worry! You see when I emailed them, I asked them if they still consider applicants with achieved grades of ABB. They told me they do consider you and don't reject you automatically like some unis do, so it's OK King's is probably the only university I know of that carefully considers your application and looks at the sixth form/college you went to and their pass rate. Their admissions system is really fair! My friends who applied last year received ABC offers (when the entry req. were ABB), so they may lower it, who knows!! (they're studying there now )

For Brunel, I've already booked the Feb 16th Open Day! I don't know if I should go(???), depends if I receive an offer from St George's.

My first choice is definitely King's UCL is just one of those 'gamble' choices, I have nooo chance! Lol

What about you?
    Oooh wow thanks for letting me know thats put me at rest !

That really does seem like a fair way of doing the admissions.

I used to really want to go king's, as their course looks amazing with no compulsory modules in year 2 and 3, but now I'm looking more into moving away, I want to go to Southampton. I live in London so I'd commute to King's as their accomm policy says you cant get halls if you live within m25. Thinking about it commuting everyday would be a no no for me as I can't do that much travel!

I have that open day too, see ya there ! I think you should go, it'll give you a chance to see what it'll be like if you go there. I aim to visit all my chosen uni's before March, but wmin emailed me with an open day date which is on the day of one of my a2 exams. So thats a no go really :/.

Ah don't give up hope yet, UCL could still make you an offer . King's is my 'gamble' choice, its reqs are the highest.

ReputationRep:
    i sent mine off 2 weeks ago, i'm reapplying through ucas again this year for pharmacy, got AAB(Bio,geo,chem) at a level. got 2 acknowledgements but other 3 nothing. Very scared.

ReputationRep:
    Offer from Essex this morning

ReputationRep:
    ooh i got an interview from nottingham! yess got some feedback!! But now scared about interview

ReputationRep:
    Got a Conditional offer from York St. John last Thursday! So happy

ReputationRep:
    I hate Yougo.

This is all.

ReputationRep:
    Finally got all my replies! Now to decide who on earth I want to firm, lol

ReputationRep:
    ok so i don't appreciate my first email from ucas to be spam! talk about mini heart attack! *12 days of bloody xmas indeed*

Still no offers 10 days later. I will not stress out I will not stress out....repeat to fade.....

ReputationRep:
    Conditional offer off Liverpool and an interview off Manchester today! Worth the wait even if they are my 4th and 5th choice

ReputationRep:
    Hey all, New to this but it's all very exciting!!! Well done to everyone who already have offers and interviews!!!

I'm getting worried as I sent my ucas off on the 9th November and still haven't had anything back. I am that obsessed with checking track i've even downloaded the app on my phone, it's ever so slightly distracting!!! Quite scary knowing people have had offers etc only days after submitting their forms and I'm coming up to a month without a peep.

I'm putting interviews and offers on my xmas list!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaydey1983)
    Hey all, New to this but it's all very exciting!!! Well done to everyone who already have offers and interviews!!!

I'm getting worried as I sent my ucas off on the 9th November and still haven't had anything back. I am that obsessed with checking track i've even downloaded the app on my phone, it's ever so slightly distracting!!! Quite scary knowing people have had offers etc only days after submitting their forms and I'm coming up to a month without a peep.

I and all the non-offer guys & gals here you! It's incredibly nerveracking waiting around for that first offer especially when you're applying to fairly decent universities and your grades are solid but not astronomical. Especially with the added pressure of the tuition fees rise next year and a shortage of places everyone is desperate to get in that first offer and I'm sure UCAS track must be board of us logging in every 5 minutes Best thing to do is just to try and keep your mind off of things, as the days roll by it gets kind of easier but then again the longer the wait the more nervous you get. I'm sure we'll all be alright though, good luck to you!

ReputationRep:

Don't worry, I heard nothing for five weeks! You'll be fine

ReputationRep:

I have the app on my phone too! :blush:
    The wait is so hard if you're impatient like me. You'll get your offers soon, try to distract yourself in the meantime- easily said than done, I know!
    Thank goodness for this thread so we can all be crazy and impatient together! Which reminds me, I finally sent my portfolio to UEA this evening. Let the waiting begin! It's my first choice and I've just found out there are 36 places and probably 500 applicants. :erm:
    Not holding out much hope but I'm secretly hoping I'll magically get a place!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    I have the app on my phone too! :blush:
    The wait is so hard if you're impatient like me. You'll get your offers soon, try to distract yourself in the meantime- easily said than done, I know!
    Thank goodness for this thread so we can all be crazy and impatient together! Which reminds me, I finally sent my portfolio to UEA this evening. Let the waiting begin! It's my first choice and I've just found out there are 36 places and probably 500 applicants. :erm:
    Not holding out much hope but I'm secretly hoping I'll magically get a place!
    I know, its the same on the course my friend has gone for, theres like 40 places and the whole of the countr applying!!! Love the app, though I'm sure they are going to block me out soon if i keep logging in!!!! Good luck

ReputationRep:
    I never thought I'd be anxious, but this is now starting to make me anxious. I only sent off my application the other day, and UCAS apply said they've sent my welcome letter. What with me being rather impatient I used the 'forgotten I.D' option to receive my ID for track. Track says that my application has been sent for approval. I'm just so anxious now, I would love to get a quick offer haha.

ReputationRep:
    I know, its the same on the course my friend has gone for, theres like 40 places and the whole of the countr applying!!! Love the app, though I'm sure they are going to block me out soon if i keep logging in!!!! Good luck
    Aww, thank you! Good luck to you and your friend! I swear I'm either checking my email, on this thread, on the UCAS app or reading books I shouldn't be reading when I haven't finished the books I should be reading for English Lit! So it's in my best interests for me to get all my offers before Jan otherwise I'll have a hard time actually meeting the offers I actually do get...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rebekaht)
    Don't worry, I heard nothing for five weeks! You'll be fine
    Good luck, hope you hear soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Defontaine)
    I and all the non-offer guys & gals here you! It's incredibly nerveracking waiting around for that first offer especially when you're applying to fairly decent universities and your grades are solid but not astronomical. Especially with the added pressure of the tuition fees rise next year and a shortage of places everyone is desperate to get in that first offer and I'm sure UCAS track must be board of us logging in every 5 minutes Best thing to do is just to try and keep your mind off of things, as the days roll by it gets kind of easier but then again the longer the wait the more nervous you get. I'm sure we'll all be alright though, good luck to you!
    Im just being impatient, im on an access course and we've pretty much been tolda we wont hear back till Jan/Feb, just thought i might hear back sooner as I sent my ucas off early, loads on my course are still writing personal statements! Im sure you're right and we'll hear back!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 10, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.