Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Torrchy)

Why has this suddenly appeared on the track main page?
    UCAS have probably had tonnes of phonecalls off of paranoid year 13's asking why they haven't got an offer after 5 days

ReputationRep:
    I am from pakistan currently in the final year of my A-Levels.
    I have applied for BSC management in LSE,City,Manchester,Nottingham and kings.

My expected grades are:
    Maths A*
    AICT A*
    Economics B
    Accounting B

Simple Question: Do i have any chance getting in any of these universities?

Really appreciate your help...Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamzaNadeem)
    I am from pakistan currently in the final year of my A-Levels.
    I have applied for BSC management in LSE,City,Manchester,Nottingham and kings.

My expected grades are:
    Maths A*
    AICT A*
    Economics B
    Accounting B

Simple Question: Do i have any chance getting in any of these universities?

Really appreciate your help...Thanks in advance
    It may be a simple question but it doesn't have a simple answer - especially as you don't say what the entry requirements are. Even if you had posted these, no-one can say with any certainty what the outcome of your applications will be. I'm afraid that you will just have to wait and see, as everyone else does

ReputationRep:
    got my first offer yesterday - so happy - still anxious to here from the rest though :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minerva)
    It may be a simple question but it doesn't have a simple answer - especially as you don't say what the entry requirements are. Even if you had posted these, no-one can say with any certainty what the outcome of your applications will be. I'm afraid that you will just have to wait and see, as everyone else does
    Thanks really appreciate...Still curious to know if any1 had more or less similar type of situation and got an offer or not?
    As for the requiements its AAB for all universities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamzaNadeem)
    Thanks really appreciate...Still curious to know if any1 had more or less similar type of situation and got an offer or not?
    As for the requiements its AAB for all universities.
    LSE is known across the UK as very hard to get into even with A* A* A* predictions but perhaps being an international student will help you out in that respect. City have a good business school but your grades look acceptable as they do for Kings and the rest. Remember that a lot of these uni's are London based and as such are quite competitive, although based on your grades alone yes, you do have a chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Defontaine)
    LSE is known across the UK as very hard to get into even with A* A* A* predictions but perhaps being an international student will help you out in that respect. City have a good business school but your grades look acceptable as they do for Kings and the rest. Remember that a lot of these uni's are London based and as such are quite competitive, although based on your grades alone yes, you do have a chance.
    Thanks... some encouragement

ReputationRep:
    I am going mad...
    I applied like 5 weeks ago for modern languages
    at southampton, newcastle, birmingham, UCL and sheffield.

I haven't heard anything! i know im being completely ridiculous but i haven't even received confirmation of application when some of my friends have that are applying to the same course...

too impatient for this ucas business

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if Lancaster generally give really nice offer letters?
    Checked my mail this morning and got a lovely letter from an admissions tutor saying she was impressed with my application and recommends the department make me an offer as I am (apparently!) the sort of student who will do well as I seem to enjoy writing and literature! It really cheered me up because it made me feel special but it's probably a standard letter? Does anyone know? It actually made my day they've stopped ignoring me! the offer is just the cherry on top.

ReputationRep:
    It's been almost two weeks since I sent mine off, and I'm going mad already from waiting!

I've had acknowledgements from 4 of my Uni's, which included a lovely postcard from Edge Hill and a really friendly letter from UCLAN However, Manchester haven't even acknowledged me yet Do they have to acknowledge everyone or not?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Tasha~)
    It's been almost two weeks since I sent mine off, and I'm going mad already from waiting!

I've had acknowledgements from 4 of my Uni's, which included a lovely postcard from Edge Hill and a really friendly letter from UCLAN However, Manchester haven't even acknowledged me yet Do they have to acknowledge everyone or not?!
    No they don't and a lot of places wont acknowledge at all, it doesn't matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antifazian)
    No they don't and a lot of places wont acknowledge at all, it doesn't matter.
    Ahhh! Thankyou - that has calmed me down a bit Still...I'm sick of waiting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Tasha~)
    Ahhh! Thankyou - that has calmed me down a bit Still...I'm sick of waiting
    Aren't we all :nooo:

ReputationRep:
    XD! That is actually my face when I long on track to find nothing new

ReputationRep:
    yes i have an unconditional offer from sheffield hallam should i accept it or wait for nottingham trent to send me offer ???? any idea's :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sly123)
    yes i have an unconditional offer from sheffield hallam should i accept it or wait for nottingham trent to send me offer ???? any idea's :confused:
    Wait until you have all of your replies until you decide which offer to accept. You have until May 6th to decide.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snoopy2310)
    I sent mine 3 weeks ago, no offers! This is killing me! I'm so scared I'll get rejections.
    As much as I hate to spout hackneyed clichés... no news is good news!
    Don't worry!

ReputationRep:
    I've just checked mine again.....no offers yet !!

ReputationRep:
    errrrr this is so annoying I just want one offer, ive had no replies at all!!!

I even had a dream about it last night ::eek:

ReputationRep:
    I'm playing the waiting game from college though - I CAN'T BELIEVE PEOPLE ARE GETTING OFFERS! - i had to wait 3 weeks for my tutor to read my PS then another 3 weeks for her to even start mine. Now Im waiting for college to approve it all. What upsets me most is KCL have got their first interview day on the 8th and the people invited applied around the same time I gave mine to my tutor. :catfight: :catfight:
    I want to cry!

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.