Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by janetburgess22)
    Hi there! Do you think there is any point in checking UCAS over the christmas holiday period? Or should I not bother for a couple of weeks AAARRGHH!!!
    I am depends how impatient you are. Without college I have nothing to distract me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by janetburgess22)
    Hi there! Do you think there is any point in checking UCAS over the christmas holiday period? Or should I not bother for a couple of weeks AAARRGHH!!!

I don't think it matters either way, because UCAS is having a week or so of maintenance done over the holiday period I think.

ReputationRep:
    Am VERY impatient!!!! But if I am CERTAIN it will not be updated - then I will leave it alone. Then I will be very excited about looking again in January!!

ReputationRep:
    I thought they're only having 3 days?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scrappy-coco)
    I thought they're only having 3 days?
    My bad, just 3 days then.

ReputationRep:
    If I had no ucas track for a WEEK that would be just...just.....:eek:

ReputationRep:
    If I had no ucas track for a WEEK that would be just...just.....:eek:
    I think most people would be the same! You'll miss that feeling of excitement/impending doom when it's gone!

ReputationRep:
    Waiting for Oxford's reply is tearing me to shreds. I can't ever remember wanting anything so badly....

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's true......I'd bee content with just 1 offer, ok maybe 2 then i wouldn't mind waiting months

ReputationRep:
    I've had another "we'll get back to you"...so tedious.

They send any offers I get through email so I don't have to stare at track all day. lol

I feel I may explode if I don't get some sort of contact soon.

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually going crazy! I just want my other two universities to respond so I can figure out what I'm going to do with the next 3 years of my life! I can't concentrate on essays and stuff when I'm on tenterhooks! UEA/RHUL pleeeeaaaase respond! I'm terrified of hearing from my other two options, I don't want rejections but at the same time I JUST WANT TO KNOW! ARRRGH! :crazy:

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=diamonddust;28912281]Nice one! I assume from the audition you're doing something like music or drama? Good luck!

Yeah - Scriptwriting and Performance I'm so excited! It's my 2nd/very almost my joint first choice They also want 15 pages of script that I've written, but I've pretty much finished that except for a little bit of editing. Yey! Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Got my first email from Surrey Uni thanking me for my application.

Can't help but get a little excited as this is the first email from any Uni but I wish I had some offers!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=SarahDylan;28951995]
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    Nice one! I assume from the audition you're doing something like music or drama? Good luck!

Yeah - Scriptwriting and Performance I'm so excited! It's my 2nd/very almost my joint first choice They also want 15 pages of script that I've written, but I've pretty much finished that except for a little bit of editing. Yey! Thank you!
    That sounds like an amazing course! I've always been ridiculously jealous of people who do drama/performance affailiated subjects because I adore drama! I just haven't... actually done any since year 9 (and I was crap then!)...
    I found out Kent has a musical theatre society and now I'm almost hoping I miss my firm grades so I can go to Kent! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    So if track's unavailable till monday does that mean that you can't get any offers till then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Torrchy)
    So if track's unavailable till monday does that mean that you can't get any offers till then?
    You can but you just won't know about it unless the university e-mails you directly.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone received any offers for history? I've heard rumours that history courses in general are taking quite long this year? Maybe I'm looking for an excuse for my lack of offers

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone received any offers for history? I've heard rumours that history courses in general are taking quite long this year? Maybe I'm looking for an excuse for my lack of offers
    I've got all 5, but I have a friend who's applied for History and she hasn't had any offers. I think it totally depends on the university!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neutralmilkhotel)
    I've got all 5, but I have a friend who's applied for History and she hasn't had any offers. I think it totally depends on the university!
    What uni's have you applied to?

ReputationRep:
    What uni's have you applied to?
    Newcastle, Liverpool, Leicester, Nottingham Trent, York St John

What about you?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.