Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emi793)
    You have basically just descibed my life. Also, 6th Jan is my birthday AND the day Cambridge is supposed to reply. FML.
    Good luck! They have to give you an offer, they can't ruin your birthday like that!

(Original post by Marsha2112)
    I just want it go get to 15th Jan, then I can say it's been 3 MONTHS and no offers :eek:
    'Tis as I expected... top universities! Good luck!

(Original post by StudyHard_LiveBetter)
    Wooo! The Uni's should be back tomorrow, so I'll be checking track like crazy again!
    You mean... you managed to stop checking track like crazy??? You're a better person than I am...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheebs1201)
    How does anyone expect us to concentrate on our January Exams?!
    Thank you! This!
    Instead of revising I'm checking UCAS obsessively... yeah, I'm really going to pass! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ollienbert)
    Thanks for that very good explanation of why you prefer UAE. You see, you can still express yourself well

I have finished my course (I ended up with a Masters from Birmingham), I am just hanging around in TSR because a member of my family is applying and I end up being nosey. As I said, I love finding out why people make their choices; it is interesting.

I see what you mean about not being able to firm Kent because the offer is lower than the grades required for the other Unis. I am not sure what you do if your preferred course is the one that in the end gives you the offer with the lowest grades - there is nothing on the UCAS site that says your insurance cannot be one with higher grade offer. It would seem silly, but sometimes on results day a person with ABC can be accepted on a course for which the offer was ABB.

You clearly are passionate about UAE. It would be nice if the tutors came on TSR because I am sure after reading what you wrote they would give you a place - well I would if i were a tutor (but I am not). However if you end up at Kent I am sure you are getting a good Uni experience. I know of lots of people who have been to Kent and I cannot think of anyone who said that they hated it - on the contrary, most are really keen to get people to join them. Neither Norwich or Canterbury are big cities, so clearly that is not an issue for you.

Good luck with your application - I am looking forward to hearing your news
    Aww, thank you! You're very kind.
    I'll let you know, haha! Hope they get back to me tomorrow! :blush:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    Thank you! This!
    Instead of revising I'm checking UCAS obsessively... yeah, I'm really going to pass! :rolleyes:
    Lol Yup if its not checking UCAS then its thinking about checking UCAS... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    right they should all be back at work today so my obsessive UCAS checking has started again!!!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Hehehe I sent off my application over their Christmas break. I'm going mad even waiting for them to process it! It's going to be a long few months I reckon :p:

ReputationRep:
    Do you think UEA would be annoyed and reject me if I emailed them (politely) asking if they've looked at my application yet?
    I'm getting so impatient! I have my Psychology books in front of me and I can't concentrate because I keep having *feelings* that my application has been updated and then I go onto the computer to check... and don't get off. :facepalm:
    So far I've had all my track updates at around 5pm.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think UEA would be annoyed and reject me if I emailed them (politely) asking if they've looked at my application yet?
    You'll know when they've looked at your application because you'll get a reply
    don't go wasting their time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antifazian)
    You'll know when they've looked at your application because you'll get a reply
    don't go wasting their time.
    Damn you for your words of common sense! Yeah, I started writing the email then figured it would give them more work to do and piss them off! The wait is just so painful! Ok, you know what? I'm turning off the computer and I'm going to do some Psychology if it kills me! This is not constructive! :p:$

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting so impatient! I have my Psychology books in front of me and I can't concentrate because I keep having *feelings* that my application has been updated and then I go onto the computer to check... and don't get off. :facepalm:
    So far I've had all my track updates at around 5pm.
    I did this before Christmas (not to the UEA though) I phoned and the guy I spoke to said he would give the admissions department my application and to expect a reply as soon as they got back from the Christmas break (it's a college so I think it works a bit different to unis).

Today is the first day they are back and I got my offer this morning!!

Although, I only phoned up because I had not received an acknowledgement...

Ooh I had a *feeling* I would get a reply today!!

ReputationRep:
    I just want some replies! Yeah I got one just before christmas from one of my favourites, but waiting for unis to reopen is driving me mad,

ReputationRep:
    Damn you for your words of common sense! Yeah, I started writing the email then figured it would give them more work to do and piss them off! The wait is just so painful! Ok, you know what? I'm turning off the computer and I'm going to do some Psychology if it kills me! This is not constructive! :p:$
    Painful it is, but what can you do :nooo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tillytots)
    I just want some replies! Yeah I got one just before christmas from one of my favourites, but waiting for unis to reopen is driving me mad,
    A lot of my unis haven't given the dates they're reopening on... grr.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    How have I never noticed this thread before...

I've gone crazy waiting for news! :gah:

Admissions office's reopened today.. hoping to hear from any of the remaining 3 this month..
    Back to waiting now then I guess :ashamed:

ReputationRep:
    iiiiggggghhhhh no offers really pissing me off

ReputationRep:
    ahh.. this thread is a freakking description of my life!

I sent my application of in October! Got 2 offers and one rejection... but I'm still waiting for my favourite to come back (my freaking luck)... ah its killing me!
    I literally cannot concentrate on anything. At this rate... I'll fail my mock exams coz I can't study. Damn you track!!!

ReputationRep:
    I spent the last two weeks of the Christmas holidays in a somewhat calm mood.

Now they've re-opened today I'm back to my "Argh, when why how?!" ways. I feel sick with nerves. lol

It is worse, as I want something to aim for, especially as I have nothing else to do as I'm not at college anymore! Oh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by urbanshoemyth)
    I did this before Christmas (not to the UEA though) I phoned and the guy I spoke to said he would give the admissions department my application and to expect a reply as soon as they got back from the Christmas break (it's a college so I think it works a bit different to unis).

Today is the first day they are back and I got my offer this morning!!

Although, I only phoned up because I had not received an acknowledgement...

Ooh I had a *feeling* I would get a reply today!!
    Oh well done! What subject are you doing?

I'll just leave it. They've got my portfolio, as long as they don't reject me, I can bear the wait. I guess. I might fail my Janurary exam but... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Just a casual 36 hours until IB resit results................ aaaarrrrgghhhhhhh. If I don't meet my Exeter offer I'm just giving up and going home

ReputationRep:
    I just want an offer. ANYWHERE, SOMEWHERE. Give me an offer I'm going crazy!

Just one offer and I can be like yes! I'm going to university! At long, long last, for it has been so long.

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.