Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer from UEA!!! :woo: Over the frigging moon! I now have to work harder than I ever have in my life to meet the offer but
    They're my first choice! I honestly didn't think I'd stand a chance!!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    After 3.5 months of waiting finally some good news on the medicine front.
    Interview at Barts and the London :gah:
    Now I have reason to act crazy :crazy:

ReputationRep:
    My sister just got a conditional offer from UCLAN! I'm waiting to hear from them too !!!

Edit - if anyone's wondering, my sister is younger than me but we're applying at the same time xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguinsaysquack)
    After 3.5 months of waiting finally some good news on the medicine front.
    Interview at Barts and the London :gah:
    Now I have reason to act crazy :crazy:
    AWESOME!!! Congrats

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    I got an offer from UEA!!! :woo: Over the frigging moon! I now have to work harder than I ever have in my life to meet the offer but
    They're my first choice! I honestly didn't think I'd stand a chance!!
    Huge hugs, I am sooo excited for you. I had looked up UEA on the Times list and did not realised quite how well respected they were. You learn something everytime you go on TSR.

But now get off TSR, get on with your studies and pm me in August when you get your fantastic results.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purplemooncows)
    I'm the same, I'm on a gap year with no money so it is *extremely* tedious waiting. What is worse for me is...I already waited a year to start a university which I didn't *like* i.e. Keele Uni as it is too isolated now I need to wait longer.

I did get an unconditional offer today though so least I know I'm going now!
    Ahh it must be so much worse the second time round! Congrats where was it from?

ReputationRep:
    Got my third rejection yesterday, from UEA. Feeling wholly dispirited and disheartened with regards to this whole application process.

ReputationRep:
    Second offer from Nottingham Trent for History, three more to go, fingers are tightly crossed. :crossedf:

(Original post by KingMessi)
    Got my third rejection yesterday, from UEA. Feeling wholly dispirited and disheartened with regards to this whole application process.
    Ooh, third you know, sorry to hear. But you never know with the other two, chin up and all that

ReputationRep:
    You only need 1 Wait until you hear from the others, and if necessary re-apply next year because it sounds like you've been unlucky, this year is incredibly competitive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rebekaht)
    Ahh it must be so much worse the second time round! Congrats where was it from?
    Salford University

ReputationRep:
    Keep hope! You can always apply through clearing/extra if things do go wrong. What course are you wanting to do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purplemooncows)
    Keep hope! You can always apply through clearing/extra if things do go wrong. What course are you wanting to do?
    I want(ed) to do English Literature at three of the universities, and English With Creative Writing at UEA and Warwick.

I know, but I have my reservations. Arrogant as this sounds, I don't really want to settle with my current grades, and, if I get the grades I'm predicted, I don't think that I should have to go through Clearing.

I'm resigned to reapplying next year and getting £15,000 more debt. How's your application going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viola146)
    You only need 1 Wait until you hear from the others, and if necessary re-apply next year because it sounds like you've been unlucky, this year is incredibly competitive.
    I know...It's just, with a 100% failure rate so far, Bristol's ratio being one-in-twenty-six, and Warwick being...well, Warwick, I'm doubting myself.

I know it's extremely competitive, and I hold no bitterness or anger, because there is a plethora of fantastic candidates this year more than ever. I'm more disappointed, and a bit perplexed-I don't think that I could've done any more.

How is your application going?

ReputationRep:
    Do all unis send out acknowledgements? It's just Southampton haven't sent me anything and is been more than a month. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boom Boom Pow)
    Do all unis send out acknowledgements? It's just Southampton haven't sent me anything and is been more than a month. :confused:
    Nope, most of mine didn't bother sending me an acknowledgement and I got offers from all of them, so it's nothing to worry about

ReputationRep:
    I got my UCAS app processed on the 17th dec. Like other people i cant help but look at track all the time, eventhough i know i will probably not get any replies for a while.

ReputationRep:
    I want(ed) to do English Literature at three of the universities, and English With Creative Writing at UEA and Warwick.

I know, but I have my reservations. Arrogant as this sounds, I don't really want to settle with my current grades, and, if I get the grades I'm predicted, I don't think that I should have to go through Clearing.

I'm resigned to reapplying next year and getting £15,000 more debt. How's your application going?

I understand what you mean...I'm sure you'll be lucky soon! I suppose you have applied for higher universities and they always seem more "picky", I'm not sure why really, a degree in the end, is a degree. I suppose they look for the "best" whatever that is...I know they like you have a large list of "exta" items other than exams.

My application is going *okay*...one unsucessful and one unconditional...three still waiting.

ReputationRep:
    agh, i'm going crazy waiting for replies. even though i sent mine in the middle of december so i probably won't get any until after jan 15...but i still can't help but check every 5 minutes. when they give u a reply they also send u an email, correct?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=KingMessi;29264320]I want(ed) to do English Literature at three of the universities, and English With Creative Writing at UEA and Warwick.

OMG don't get me started about UEA!
    I really wanted to go there to do English with Creative Writing but I was 'unsuccessful in my application' :mad: My target grades reference were good too!!!!!

Now worried about other applications

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing nursing heard from UCLAN or LJMU yet??

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 10, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.