Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    Yay, you got into Brizzle! You really wanted to go there didn't you? So happy for you!
    And of course it still counts!
    Aww thank you, it was totally unexpected, especially an AAB offer :eek: literally made my whole month Where are you firming/insurancing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toasteh)
    I told myself I wouldn't check my emails for Track updates religiously, but alas, I have failed. It's only been a week since I sent it off.
    I know what you mean. I've been checking my emails every ten minutes almost every day since 18 November, when I sent mine off. Still waiting for a reply from Bristol...

Does this thing update on a Sunday?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    Does this thing update on a Sunday?
    It updates whenever uni admissions staff pass on the information so yes it can update at any time although I'd consider roughly when I'd expect staff to/not to work. They may work weekends particularly if they have a lot of applications to deal with and are behind their schedule.

ReputationRep:
    got 4 conditional offers for BSC psychology , Sussex, Royal Holloway, University of Birmingham and East Anglia.

And still waiting for a conditional from Surrey since it will be my insurance, however I am surprised that it was so easy to get 4 conditional offers from AAB universities when I got ACDD at AS. And with the news reporting these 'decrease in places etc,etc I would expect to get no offers.

I was told a week ago I'd hear from the uni "in a couple of days." Still no news. :sad: But no news is good news amirite?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheebs1201)
    Aww thank you, it was totally unexpected, especially an AAB offer :eek: literally made my whole month Where are you firming/insurancing?
    I'm firming UEA and will probably insure Kent but I feel like I should go have a look at Lancaster just in case I like it better than I do Kent! :teehee:
    It feels weird not waiting anymore! I stopped caring as soon as I heard from UEA so I just withdrew from RHUL because I changed my mind about going there and they were taking too long to respond to me.
    I take it you're going to firm Bristol, but where do you think you'll insure? I sort of want to confirm my firm and insurance on Track now, I'm so impatient! I won't though. Don't want to insure Kent then see Lancaster and love it!

ReputationRep:
    Urgh. I had two letters in the post this morning - one from a university and one from UCAS. My mum handed me them and told me to open them now, in front of her and my dad. I said I would in a few days when my exams are over, because I wouln't want negative news before I finish my exams as I know it would demotivate me. She then decided to go crazy and said 'you'll struggle in university because noone likes you and you're always horrible', which is total rubbish because I merely stated I didn't want to open it now. I told her if it was anything major I'd know when I checked my emails, and she said 'oh but what if they didn't send it by email, only mail?' and then started harping on about how it's my parents who will be supporting me at university and that she'd been looking forward to seeing what they were all day, even though I told her they were most likely just welcome letters.

I don't know, maybe she has a point. I've gone off checking my emails about Track now because I fear getting bad news, but am I really doing myself any favours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toasteh)
    I've gone off checking my emails about Track now because I fear getting bad news, but am I really doing myself any favours?
    I get that you've got exams so you're probably wanting to keep away from any kind of news until after, so in that sense then yeah, I think you're doing yourself a favour. However, you are going to have to find out at some point; my logic is such that I check as soon as I get something because it'd bother me otherwise. Plus, I need to know.

I've received four conditional offers for Law with French and I'm just waiting on Durham now... I have been for quite a while, actually. It's driving me crazy because I'm checking my emails every hour. No exaggeration. I can't cope with waiting; patience is NOT a virtue >.<

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdamLClough)
    I get that you've got exams so you're probably wanting to keep away from any kind of news until after, so in that sense then yeah, I think you're doing yourself a favour. However, you are going to have to find out at some point; my logic is such that I check as soon as I get something because it'd bother me otherwise. Plus, I need to know.

I've received four conditional offers for Law with French and I'm just waiting on Durham now... I have been for quite a while, actually. It's driving me crazy because I'm checking my emails every hour. No exaggeration. I can't cope with waiting; patience is NOT a virtue >.<
    Hey i'm applying to do Law with French, where are your offers from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frenanceo)
    Hey i'm applying to do Law with French, where are your offers from?
    Hey, I've got offers from Leeds, Sheffield, (Newcastle and Leeds again for standalone Law). Just waiting for Durham. It's killing me. You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    I'm firming UEA and will probably insure Kent but I feel like I should go have a look at Lancaster just in case I like it better than I do Kent! :teehee:
    It feels weird not waiting anymore! I stopped caring as soon as I heard from UEA so I just withdrew from RHUL because I changed my mind about going there and they were taking too long to respond to me.
    I take it you're going to firm Bristol, but where do you think you'll insure? I sort of want to confirm my firm and insurance on Track now, I'm so impatient! I won't though. Don't want to insure Kent then see Lancaster and love it!
    Yes Ill be firming Bristol and insuring Warwick or Cardiff although all three want the same grades so theres little point haha

Im gonna go to the post offer open days first too just to make sure!!!

ReputationRep:
    Waiting for ONE more uni to get back to me....I already have an unconditional from my first choice uni and I want to reply to them D: D:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Rhi93)
    Waiting for ONE more uni to get back to me....I already have an unconditional from my first choice uni and I want to reply to them D: D:
    Then why don't you just withdraw your application from the remaining uni? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Because I'd totally thought of that.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhi93)
    Haha!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Rhi93)
    Just make sure you don't think you'll want to change your mind first

ReputationRep:
    the wait is driving me totally bonkersss
    keep checking track every second T.T

(Original post by I.R)
    the wait is driving me totally bonkersss
    keep checking track every second -.-
    Me too. Endless waiting.

OK I only sent it in December but still

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdamLClough)
    Hey, I've got offers from Leeds, Sheffield, (Newcastle and Leeds again for standalone Law). Just waiting for Durham. It's killing me. You?
    Oh cool, so will you be doing Law or Law with French- or still undecided?
    I've offers from Leeds and Sheffield too and Birmingham. I've got an interview at UCL on wed and I'm waiting from Bristol!! And yes the waiting is just crazy- Bristol needs to get a rapid move on!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 10, 2011
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.