Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frenanceo)
    Oh cool, so will you be doing Law or Law with French- or still undecided?
    I've offers from Leeds and Sheffield too and Birmingham. I've got an interview at UCL on wed and I'm waiting from Bristol!! And yes the waiting is just crazy- Bristol needs to get a rapid move on!
    Well, I ideally want to do Law with French; Durham lets you pick up an extra subject or something... I haven't properly looked into it, ha. Oops. So, if I get an offer from Durham, that will be my firm choice and so the official title of the course is just Law. If not, my firm will be Law with French at Leeds and Law with French at Sheffield. If you end up going to either we might be in the same lectures etc.

LOL, that entire paragraph made no sense, I'm sure. :')

Where do you want to go?
    Good luck with your interview!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdamLClough)
    Well, I ideally want to do Law with French; Durham lets you pick up an extra subject or something... I haven't properly looked into it, ha. Oops. So, if I get an offer from Durham, that will be my firm choice and so the official title of the course is just Law. If not, my firm will be Law with French at Leeds and Law with French at Sheffield. If you end up going to either we might be in the same lectures etc.

LOL, that entire paragraph made no sense, I'm sure. :')

Where do you want to go?
    Good luck with your interview!
    That's pretty cool! Well at the moment, Birmingham is my first choice, but if I get UCL or Bristol I'll probs make one of those my firm- I really have no idea!! Thinking my insurance will be Sheffield, so maybe see you there yes! I'm absolutely dreading the interview, wouldn't be too bad apart from the fact that most of it will be in French- which is likely to be a massive fail- thanks anyway! How did you find the Lnat?

ReputationRep:
    Submitted my digital portfolio to some unis, so nervous D: I have an interview tomorrow!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    Does this thing update on a Sunday?
    just fyi, last year i received all updates on WEEKDAYS between 4pm and 6pm

ReputationRep:
    Gah I only officially submitted mine two weeks ago now.

I've had two Acknowledgements but nothing else yet...
    4 more months of this is gonna be a pain, Track is starting to hate me for the constant logins/logouts

(Original post by Est.)
    just fyi, last year i received all updates on WEEKDAYS between 4pm and 6pm
    FYI, I got all mine between noon and 1pm on weekdays plus a Saturday except when it updated at 11.15pm once ... :indiff:

This waiting SUCKS. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    FYI, I got all mine between noon and 1pm on weekdays plus a Saturday except when it updated at 11.15pm once ... :indiff:

This waiting SUCKS. :sigh:
    Yup, 14 days and counting, I must check 6 times a day at least.. Still not ONE offer

ReputationRep:
    I applied on the 6th Dec and received an offer on the 16th, then another last Friday.. they've gone some way to appease the nervousness, just need the other 3 - even if they're rejections!!
    It doesn't help at all that Newcastle have sent me the same acknowledgement 3 times going on about the large number of amazing applicants they've already received

ReputationRep:
    Got my first offer yesterdayy hopefully i'll hear from the others soon. Can't stop checking track.

ReputationRep:
    What's the point in constantly checking track when you get an e-mail when something has changed anyway?

ReputationRep:
    ive been waiting 110 days

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheebs1201)
    Yes Ill be firming Bristol and insuring Warwick or Cardiff although all three want the same grades so theres little point haha

Im gonna go to the post offer open days first too just to make sure!!!
    Hi!
    When did you get your offer from Bristol? It's where I want to go for Maths too AAB is great, considering their standard offer is A*AA/AAA!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frenanceo)
    That's pretty cool! Well at the moment, Birmingham is my first choice, but if I get UCL or Bristol I'll probs make one of those my firm- I really have no idea!! Thinking my insurance will be Sheffield, so maybe see you there yes! I'm absolutely dreading the interview, wouldn't be too bad apart from the fact that most of it will be in French- which is likely to be a massive fail- thanks anyway! How did you find the Lnat?
    What, most of it is in French?! Je mourrais.
    I thought the LNAT was okay, but looking at most people's average score (around half of total marks), I can't really tell how I've done. I just wish that they marked the essay section, haha. How did you find it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leticiabessel)
    Hi!
    When did you get your offer from Bristol? It's where I want to go for Maths too AAB is great, considering their standard offer is A*AA/AAA!
    Haha I know I was overmoon when I read AAB! I keep logging onto track to make sure I didnt imagine it I imagine maths is harder than Psychology though? I got my offer on friday, and sent my application early october

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kelz_26)
    What's the point in constantly checking track when you get an e-mail when something has changed anyway?

I don't know about everyone else but for me track updated almost an hour before I got my e-mail from them, hence why I am checking it rather than waiting for an e-mail to come.

ReputationRep:
    Haha I know I was overmoon when I read AAB! I keep logging onto track to make sure I didnt imagine it I imagine maths is harder than Psychology though? I got my offer on friday, and sent my application early october
    Ahhh yes - I knew you were doing Psychology because I'd seen you on here before, but for some reason, in that moment I thought you were doing Maths. Anyway, well done again! I sent mine on 18 November. Are you going to any Post Offer days?

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh yes - I knew you were doing Psychology because I'd seen you on here before, but for some reason, in that moment I thought you were doing Maths. Anyway, well done again! I sent mine on 18 November. Are you going to any Post Offer days?
    Haha believe me it is a HUGE relief that I am not doing Maths Thanks though I am pretty much going to ALL the post offer open days haha, although havent heard when the bristol one is yet Is bristol your top choice?

ReputationRep:

If I don't heard something soon then that's going to be me. Destinations and nights aplenty.

ReputationRep:
    Haha believe me it is a HUGE relief that I am not doing Maths Thanks though I am pretty much going to ALL the post offer open days haha, although havent heard when the bristol one is yet Is bristol your top choice?
    I've received invitations for Post Offer open days for UEA, Exeter and Southampton, and I'm only going to the Southampton one because it'll probs be my insurance :P maybe I should go to Exeter as it's only 40 mins away, but I can't be bothered.

Bristol is my top choice, yes... so of course it's the only one I'm still waiting for... :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    I've received invitations for Post Offer open days for UEA, Exeter and Southampton, and I'm only going to the Southampton one because it'll probs be my insurance :P maybe I should go to Exeter as it's only 40 mins away, but I can't be bothered.

Bristol is my top choice, yes... so of course it's the only one I'm still waiting for... :facepalm:
    Haha Im about an hour from Exeter and will probably visit even though I am definitely not firming it at this point just to give it a chance!

Hopefully see ya next year then!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 10, 2011

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.