Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    No. It's better than a rejection. I think my top one was also the last to reply!

ReputationRep:
    i'm currently spending my gap year in paris. i applied to university and sent my application off on the deadline day this year (last minute, i know).

my chosen course is french, to the following unis: manchester, king's college london, york, bristol and reading.

i have the a level grades already as i applied post-results. my grades are good, i meet the requirements for all unis, but king's and york. i was very happy with my personal statement.

everything has been telling me that i should have received an offer by now, but of course i haven't - do i need to calm down and give it a little more time, or should i be right in panicking that none of the unis want me?

any comments would be great!

thanks

ReputationRep:
    Sent mine mid October and still have no replies whatsoever, honestly, I feel forgotten about!!

ReputationRep:
    and me i hate it just trying to get on with other stuff...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by excusez1992)
    i'm currently spending my gap year in paris. i applied to university and sent my application off on the deadline day this year (last minute, i know).

my chosen course is french, to the following unis: manchester, king's college london, york, bristol and reading.

i have the a level grades already as i applied post-results. my grades are good, i meet the requirements for all unis, but king's and york. i was very happy with my personal statement.

everything has been telling me that i should have received an offer by now, but of course i haven't - do i need to calm down and give it a little more time, or should i be right in panicking that none of the unis want me?

any comments would be great!

thanks

Don't worry, I still haven't heard anything back yet either, loads of people are in the same position, I don't know much about how fast the uni's you've applied to will reply, but it all depends on the uni and sometimes even certain courses take longer to reply to applicants. So don't worry you'll hear back soon, just gotta be patient (hard i know!)

ReputationRep:
    What course(s) are you applying for?

It often takes up to a month to hear anything, and King's are notoriously slow at responding - I applied months ago and have only had an acknowledgement so far.

ReputationRep:
    I applied 3 weeks ago. Still nothing.

ReputationRep:
    Give it more time. Most of mine took two months (applied start of December).

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you might be the last batch to be considered. Back when I applied for uni, they all responded to me within 3 weeks. What happens is some applicants get offers, the others get put on hold and if there's no one better you get given a place.

ReputationRep:
    definitely differs on the amount of time it takes to get a response from a university on the course you're taking
    i sent off my ucas last day before deadline and got a response just yesterday evening for anthropology @ oxford brookes. so yeah, just hold on for a bit longer i suppose, it's not necessarily a bad thing.

ReputationRep:
    kzsfakefvkzseue me too! I think I'll sleep for now and just wake up when I get offers *not the rejected ones of course* haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by velocet)
    definitely differs on the amount of time it takes to get a response from a university on the course you're taking
    i sent off my ucas last day before deadline and got a response just yesterday evening for anthropology @ oxford brookes. so yeah, just hold on for a bit longer i suppose, it's not necessarily a bad thing.
    did you get in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kristinaalovesu)
    did you get in?
    yep unconditional. already had my results from last year and currently on a gap year.

ReputationRep:
    well i've now got 3 rejections and finally, just as i'd given up all hope i got an interview invitation for community and youth work studies from bradford college. Just waiting to here from Leeds Met for primary education

ReputationRep:
    aaaargh everyone I know seems to have at least one reply... I grow more and more envious each day :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    Not got any replies yet is anyone else like that?

ReputationRep:
    I applied a week before the closing date for ucas and I haven't had any decisions yet, a lot of my friends who applied on the same day have had a few offers back already so i'm getting very impatient but at least no news is not bad news

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekii Lynch)
    See above.... you are not alone

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, its been about 4 weeks now since I sent off my application, and nothings come through.

ReputationRep:
    Me too, sent mine off in November, been waiting 2 and a bit months now and still nothing

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 10, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.