Turn on thread page Beta

I really do not know what to do!!
    In my circle of friends there's a guy I really hate, he hates me too, we cannot stand eachother. He's cocky and arrogant and we bicker constantly when we go out together with our friends. Anyway, we went out for a friends birthday last night to Mahiki and went back to his after for drinks. We'd all had quite a bit of wine and I decided to stay for another drink when all of our friends had left. We had a laugh and then he kissed me, I knew I should have pulled away because it was him, but I couldn't. I lead him to his bedroom and we slept together, surprisingly, It was really romantic, I could see the thames out of his bedroom window all lit up, It was perfect-apart from the person it was with. I left at around 4am and went home and I couldn't stop thinking about him, I enjoyed our night but how could I have, I hate him?! I really don't know what to do, I can't just avoid him as our friends will wonder what went on. Do we go back to hating eachother? I can't even say 'It was a mistake, we were both REALLY drunk', because we weren't. Anyone who's been in a similar position any advice would be welcome.

ReputationRep:
    There is a fine line between love and hate.

ReputationRep:
    Opposites attract...

ReputationRep:
    :nopity:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katiethehobbit)
    :nopity:
    Beautiful response, I could marry you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyam)
    Beautiful response, I could marry you.
    I could marry YOU. :sexface:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Well maybe if you could control yourself when your drunk this would not happen

ReputationRep:
    Woops.

(Original post by Aj12)
    Well maybe if you could control yourself when your drunk this would not happen
    We weren't majorly drunk though. I'd had about 2 cocktails and 3 glasses of wine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Summergirl.x)
    There is a fine line between love and hate.
    No, there really isn't. The OP might be physically attracted to them, but also revolted by their personality. Hence her confusion.

ReputationRep:
    bet he's a mong as well. shame on you

ReputationRep:
    All that angry tension, must have been great :yup:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I really do not know what to do!!
    In my circle of friends there's a guy I really hate, he hates me too, we cannot stand eachother. He's cocky and arrogant and we bicker constantly when we go out together with our friends. Anyway, we went out for a friends birthday last night to Mahiki and went back to his after for drinks. We'd all had quite a bit of wine and I decided to stay for another drink when all of our friends had left. We had a laugh and then he kissed me, I knew I should have pulled away because it was him, but I couldn't. I lead him to his bedroom and we slept together, surprisingly, It was really romantic, I could see the thames out of his bedroom window all lit up, It was perfect-apart from the person it was with. I left at around 4am and went home and I couldn't stop thinking about him, I enjoyed our night but how could I have, I hate him?! I really don't know what to do, I can't just avoid him as our friends will wonder what went on. Do we go back to hating eachother? I can't even say 'It was a mistake, we were both REALLY drunk', because we weren't. Anyone who's been in a similar position any advice would be welcome.
    Hate and lust are pretty similar emotions in some ways. The opposite of love (and indeed lust) is indifference. You were never indifferent to this guy; you always had an opinion about him. Now you've ****** him. Mazal tov. Keep going I say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reflexive)
    :yep: (:mmm: )

ReputationRep:
    What's that thing when you think you hate someone, and fool them and yourself both into thinking so by hiding it under a 'hate' pretence? I'm pretty sure it's that!

ReputationRep:
    So you hate him .. and now F* him ooh well get over it .. as you wrote your self
    you enjoyed it so stop complaining

ReputationRep:
    God I know, I'm envious and slightly turned on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Instincts_2012)
    I could marry YOU. :sexface:
    Go on then...

ReputationRep:
    Ahaha, this! :p:

But, OP, just go on as normal, don't avoid him but don't make an effort to see him either, and see how things go.

ReputationRep:
    Sexual tension - so you pretend to not like each other? :dontknow:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 8, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.