Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How do I go about gettting braces as an adult? How much will it cost? basically my teeth are wonky and I want to make them straight.

ReputationRep:
    Is no one going to help me get teeth like the spartans in 300?

ReputationRep:
    Look for a private orthodontist in your area and book yourself in for an app. You will need to have no untreated cavities and very good oral hygiene.

An adult brace is very costly. Be preapared to pay a few thousand!

ReputationRep:
    I had to have braces, and the NHS list meant that I wouldn't be able to have them for 2 years.
    My mum paid for me to get them, costing £2500 + the initial £95 for xray and appointment. (but that includes all other costs and uses the latest technology. ) You can pay in instalments too

If you don't have a dentist then the costs are higher- especially if you have to have teeth removed.

But, despite the high costs its totally worth it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 3, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.