The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Chemistry is sh!t, nothing like I expected.
'Tis all good... :smile:

Loads less work seeing as I dropped all the coursework and essay subjects.. :wink:

Chem - slightly harder (mainly due to the teacher as when the whole class doesnt get what he said... he only repeats what he said louder... which doesnt help)

Bio - interesting but remebering all the facts are a bit of a bum... but what else would you expect?

Maths - as maths always is... :smile:

Physics - prefer it muchly to gcse... i cant seem to pinpoint a reason.. just nicer :p:
Reply 22
emilylikeeee
I'm thinking that my school are b***** for still not providing me with text books to revise from :s-smilie:

Whatever happened to buying your own text books like the majority of the country?
Cinqueta
Whatever happened to buying your own text books like the majority of the country?

Well I'm not going to go and buy my own when my school keeps telling me they are on their way... Though they never do seem to get here :confused:
Reply 24
Biology - Goood and interesting but too many long words to pronounce/remember
Geography - I like geography alot which is surprising as I hated it at GCSE (no i'm not sure why I took it then either?
Maths - Stressful but makes sense in the end, maths ftw
Psychology - I like the subject itself but there's no way I can remember all these psychologists' names and what they did... If i had a textbook like with my other subjects it'd be a lot easier but they refuse to give us one!

It's more work than I expected but it's managable :smile: I've done more hw this month than the whole of year 11 I think :lol:

4 exams in Jan, bring them on :danceboy:
(edited 13 years ago)
A lot's been going on this first month, suffice it to say that I haven't started as I'd intended to. I'm studying English (combined), History and Maths at A2, and am supposed to be learning Mandarin as well, although the school has gone quiet on that front annoyingly. Anyway, the worst is over for the time being I feel, and I'm getting back on track.

Predicted grades: Please note that I'm a horrendous underachiever for various reasons.

English (combined) - A :yep:
History - B :mad:
Maths - B :eek3:

Ho-hum! Looking to apply for (at the moment) American & English Literature at places such as UEA and Nottingham, though I'm not wholly optimistic.
letsdothetimewarpagain
What other subject(s) do you do to make an exra 9 exams in june? :lolwut:

I have 12-18 exams in Jan and June this year, with none being re-sits :dontknow: But 18 only if I want to do an extra A Level in June :dontknow: It all depends on my mood :mmm:
Reply 27
bio and chem i can deal with
psycology is a hell of a lot better than i thought, im loving it
maths... well suffice it to say if maths wasnt necessary for medicine id drop it without a thought
thts the easiest month of Alevelz am ever gona get...
Reply 29
Maths is ********

Physics is acceptable sometimes, sometimes is ********

Geography... Depends. Human is ********. Physical is Science ********.
Reply 30
humy369
bio and chem i can deal with
psycology is a hell of a lot better than i thought, im loving it
maths... well suffice it to say if maths wasnt necessary for medicine id drop it without a thought

Maths is in NO WAY necessary for medicine at all. Look at this link:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medical_School_A_Level_Requirements

Cambridge and Imperial want maths or physics, but nowhere else AT ALL needs maths or physics.
(edited 13 years ago)
A lot easier than expected.
Bio and Chem are a piece of cake so far.
Physics isn't as easy but still pretty easy.
Psychology is also a piece of cake.

Got my first exams next week :/
Reply 32
My teachers are full of ****, to be fair I have to teach my self my AGAIN, too many people are still in GCSE mentality;always talking in lesson, seriously I thought people would have grown up by now?So far, so bad and generally I'm falling behind because I am so extra with my work , its taking years to finish.HELP.
Reply 33
A2 is easy so far, nothing mind blowing.
I LOVE sixth form and the subjects I chose!
I'm doing Maths, History, English Lit and French.
French is lovely as we have a class of 4 and we're like a little family :smile:
Maths is really really good - I really struggled with Maths at GCSE because of a rubbish teacher and I took it to prove to myself I can actually do it, so it's really rewarding :smile:
And I love writing essays so English Lit and History are good too :smile:
I'm also really really glad I moved schools for Sixth Form- I moved from the girls' Grammar school to the Boys', and the atmosphere is so much better.
Enjoying it but it's sooooo much work. And it's a step up (obviously) from AS-Level. Still, I managed AS so I should manage A2....
H.M
A2 is easy so far, nothing mind blowing.

Yeah, it's just that there's quite a significant amount more....
emma363
Biology - Goood and interesting but too many long words to pronounce/remember
Geography - I like geography alot which is surprising as I hated it at GCSE (no i'm not sure why I took it then either?
Maths - Stressful but makes sense in the end, maths ftw
Psychology - I like the subject itself but there's no way I can remember all these psychologists' names and what they did... If i had a textbook like with my other subjects it'd be a lot easier but they refuse to give us one!

It's more work than I expected but it's managable :smile: I've done more hw this month than the whole of year 11 I think :lol:

4 exams in Jan, bring them on :danceboy:

Are you doing AQA????
WhatamIdoing
A lot easier than expected.
Bio and Chem are a piece of cake so far.
Physics isn't as easy but still pretty easy.
Psychology is also a piece of cake.

Got my first exams next week :/

Yeah, Psychology is pretty easy, are you AQA?
gameworm1
I've just done a month of A Levels, enjoying it so far but lot of work (though I guess it was expected!). Doing English Lit, History, R.S and Psychology. Just curious about thoughts from people just starting A Levels. Thanks. :smile:

At first, I did not understand a single word that the teacher in mechanics was saying.

Then, with a little patience and perseverance at home with the textbook, I affirmed that the teacher was bad and that I would perform better learning by myself. - What on Earth are my parents paying for some things?!!:biggrin:

Latest