The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Everything seems to be going well so far. More work than last year, but that is to be expected. Determined to stay focused and not loose motivation. If only I hadn't lost motivation last year I would have gotten better AS results. Never mind, a bit late to worry now.
good good!
Reply 42
it's all good atm- the step from GCSE to AS level isnt that huge.... atm :erm:

biology is fine, economics is easy as i've done it at GCSE, chemistry is fine, still trying to master those born haber cycles and maths is cool but completing the sqaure and the discriminants is causing me a tad bit of trouble- but that will be gone soon :biggrin:
KingMessi
Yeah, Psychology is pretty easy, are you AQA?

Yeah, lol.
Reply 44
Still in lazy lower-school mode, not starting work until Sunday evening when it's due first thing on Monday :s-smilie:
I keep telling myself it'll be different this week, but it never is :/
Niki_girl
Chemistry :s-smilie: , don't get me wrong, I love the subject, but I'm finding physical chemistry difficult, the stuff about principle energy levels and writing half-equations (redox) I REALLY HOPE I START TO UNDERSTAND CHEM. SOON OR I'M GONNA PANIC, lol it's such a step up from GCSE :frown:

Anyone else? :confused:

i love :love: Chemistry at A-level right now :biggrin:

i found it quite boring at GCSE...but at AS, it is SOOO fascinating and
interesting, and quite easy tbh :p:

idk, but by the looks of thingz, i might want to do this at uni :s-smilie:
Reply 46
i miss the varietyfulness of GCSEs! they were so fun... :frown:
Reply 47
im doing physics, maths, further maths and history. Maths has been okay, especially M1, its sucha brilliant chapter!!. History is not too bad, and physics is a piece of cake. Well, for now its alright, probably gonna get worse. I got only 3 in january, M1, C1, C2
Psychology and English - so easy, wish I had taken something more challenging
Biology - Lots to remember, can tell Im going to have to spend alot of time on this subject
Chemistry - Dreading the progression of the lessons, definitely going to be the most difficult.
ace_uchiha

What GCSE exam board? I did OCR Triple & I thought it was pretty good :p:

I still find chemistry interesting, and now we actually get told WHY things happen, but yes, orbitals and half-equations are annoying me...grrrr if only I was better at maths...hopefully once we (ok I) get to understand the basics it will "click"? *prays* & I want to do chemistry to A2 :/ ....
rebecca_george
Biology - Lots to remember, can tell Im going to have to spend alot of time on this subject
Chemistry - Dreading the progression of the lessons, definitely going to be the most difficult.

Same :yep:

Except I'm doing History, which I love, and English Literature which is ok, and definitely the easiest.
Reply 51
letsdothetimewarpagain
What other subject(s) do you do to make an exra 9 exams in june?

i find it so weird to quote a moderator or even see a moderator posting a message on a thread. they feel like outsiders to me.
i just get this feeling that every moderator is a slightly chubby and nerdy looking girl with glasses and WAY older than the average age of a TSR user. it doesn't mean that you are what i just explained you are, it just means that that's the permanent perception to me of a TSR moderator. Sorry, it's just the view i've got.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 52
I HATE MATHS.
Reply 53
ace_uchiha

You're telling me you actually like finding the pressure in the flask, atomic structure, shell levels and the ideal gas equation? :eek:
Reply 54
juliewho
I HATE MATHS.

What's wrong with maths? C1 isn't that hard and I only got a B at GCSE :yep:
Reply 55
Okay... my thoughts huh? :wink:

Biology - Started work on cells and microscopes, even went on a field trip to Plymouth University to look at electron microscopes :biggrin:. We haven't started on transport yet as my teacher has decided to start Module 2 already... :hmmm: and learning about carbohydrates + proteins and alpha and beta glucose positions etc. Quite interesting but it's a pain to remember everything.

Chemistry - Very interesting but we're just revising things we've already learned from GCSE, we're just expanding and moving forward so we've basically covered the foundations of it anyway. Still really interesting to learn about the energy levels, the spectrums etc however I do have a teacher (two teachers per dubject) who expects you do know everything from GCSE. I find that okay but a few of my friends are really struggling to understand it :smile: and then I end up explaining it to them.

History - By far my most interesting subject and learning about politics in Britain - Rise of New labour and then about American civil rights. However this is also the subject where I get the most homework. I've been set about 150 pages of reading + 15 pages of notes + 1 essay already, so it's a bit of a pain to make time for this :cool:

Maths - Already done C1 so I'm slowly self teaching myself C2 :smile: and Stat 1 is a piece of cake :yep: although I can't do it :o: .

Further Maths - Very interesting but I really quite dislike Physics (no offence physists) and we're doing FP1 and Mechanics atm, and I am HATING mechanics :wink:. I can't do it :rolleyes:

Exam wise

Maths - C2 - Maybe M1/S1 if I can persuade my teachers to let me :smile:
Biology Module 1

So 3 exams in Jan

I'll have
2 History exams
2/3 F.Maths exams
2/3 Maths exams (C3/4/S1 if I didn't do it in Jan)
2 Chemistry exams (:eek:)
1 Biology exam.

So not too bad :smile:
Reply 56
Maths - Maths is maths...
Business Studies - I'll find my way through
SOCIOLOGY - 2 BOYS IN THE CLASS - no one to talk to. GIRLS ALL UGLY in my class, PICKING SOCIOLOGY AND LEAVING IT LATE TO CHANGE COURSES WORST DECISION IVE MADE IN 2010
(edited 13 years ago)
The subjects are hard, but rewarding.

Maths is surprisingly fun, and Physics is dull as day old dishwater.

Biology is biology. Lots of words to remember.

Chemistry hasnt got started yet
(edited 13 years ago)
qasidb
i find it so weird to quote a moderator or even see a moderator posting a message on a thread. they feel like outsiders to me.
i just get this feeling that every moderator is a slightly chubby and nerdy looking girl with glasses and WAY older than the average age of a TSR user. it doesn't mean that you are what i just explained you are, it just means that that's the permanent perception to me of a TSR moderator. Sorry, it's just the view i've got.

haha, well I'm just a normal 17 year old girl who likes to drink occasionally and gets average grades and I'm not chubby either. Don't worry I used to think just the same as you but I like to post in threads and take part in normal conservations because I don't like being just a mod :nah:

juliewho
I HATE MATHS.

This time last year I hated maths and the way I grew to like it was by practicing it to death, when I understood something that I struggled massively over it was such a good feeling :yes:
Reply 59
Niki_girl
What GCSE exam board? I did OCR Triple & I thought it was pretty good

I still find chemistry interesting, and now we actually get told WHY things happen, but yes, orbitals and half-equations are annoying me...grrrr if only I was better at maths...hopefully once we (ok I) get to understand the basics it will "click"? *prays* & I want to do chemistry to A2 :/ ....

do you remember the good old days of GCSE chemistry with the so simple 2,8,8 electron configuration?...now it's basically all a lie and there's sub shells and electron configurations of 1s2, 2s2, 2s6, or whatever the hell it is and electrons in boxes and orbitals like you said and ionisation energies and God knows what else to come after this...
i feel betrayed from what we were taught in GCSE.

Latest