Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    okay i phrased that a bit wrong but i think it's obvious what i'm trying to ask. i'm trying to write my personal statement and want to mention something about how i found all three main parties to be very similar at the time of the election, but now i'm questioning the extent to which this was true as obviously i don't want to say something that the admissions tutor is gonna be like, "whaaat?" about lol. if it was/is true, how should i phrase this? oh help :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Waffle on about how certain elements of Politics interest you, so just say something like ... "And as Politics in the UK becomes ever more Liberalised and centralized, the concensus politics becomes ever more a problem as it can often lead to disillusionment amongst the electorate" etc etc.

ReputationRep:
    To win elections parties must court the centre territory. This means that despite having some far rights in the conservative party who oppose gay marriage and some far lefts in the labour party who want a return of communism both parties have very similar policies and agendas. And like in the 1950s it is more about the character of the politicians rather than their policies.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.