Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i want to come and study at chester next year (2011), I saw the uni at the open day and it was fantastic!

only let down was the lack of activity in the town!

my questions are :

1) whats freshers week like?, how long?
    2) does chester uni have a good student union and night life?

please help, i like to party and if chester cant accommodate this it will be a shame!
    thanks !
    steven

ReputationRep:
    i was at open day too and thought it didnt seem to bad. there bar on the site was pretty nice but they said people were queing up outside to get in so im guessing theres not much in town or that bars really good! did see a pub that looked good about 10 mins from uni but didnt see much else apart from that.

ReputationRep:
    Its not the best, nor is it the worst. Cruise & Rosies are the main two club's in town - both have great student evenings. If you're after more of a relaxed evening (quite drinks and that) they is also a great variety on offer from, off the wall, qbar, revs or any of the many pubs around town. Chester Su is smart, well priced and (take this either but) it only lets a certain amount in on busy evening so that isn't not packed and can't get to the bar extra. In terms of Uni its great, all the staff are extremely professional and always there to lend a hand. You'll certainly meet many different peolpe, the halls ain't the best though but that's the case in many Universities. I'd suggest Private.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same boat, I loved the campus at Chester and thought the town around it was really pretty, but couldn't help notice the lack of nightlife potential. However you have to remember how close the campus is to Liverpool and Manchester, going for a huge night out there wouldn't be too much of a stretch.

ReputationRep:
    Chester does look a bit dead, but i've been here as a fresher for 4 weeks and it really isnt that bad . In town there is cruise (which is ok) and RB's which has 4 floors with something different for everyone and has a really nice atmosphere. There is also D and E somewhere in Elmsmere Port, the su aranges free transport as part of the entrance fee on Wednesday night .

The SU isn't all that big, but does have 2 rooms and have some decent music and cheap nights on.

Otherwise, Chester is full of nice bars, some have student nights and deals adn there is always somewhere to go.

In terms of freshers week there is something happening each night at various clubs around town, but I've heard it varies year to year, but this year there was a 1st year school disco, a night in cruise, a night in D and E and various other club nights at the SU.

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T'archer)
    There is also D and E somewhere in Elmsmere Port
    That would be Cheshire Oaks, just thought I'd be informative lol

I don't actually go to uni in Chester, but I work in Chester and have been out a couple of times in Chester and it's a much better night out than you would think OP. As other people have said there's Cruise (never been there myself) and RB's (sometimes called Rosies). There's also Rev and Off the Wall, and opposite Off the Wall is a place called Pitcher & Piano which is quite expensive but on a Mon to Thurs before 8pm they do 2 for 1 cocktails and their cocktails are really nice.

Wow, I'm quite informed having not been out much haha

Edit: Oh yeah, and RB's does Metal Pig on a Tuesday.

ReputationRep:
    my sisters at uni in chester. i was over to visit in october and i loved it. i love to party and it was reallly good..

ReputationRep:
    Chester is a small city, so it can never compete with Liverpool or Manchester. It has the nightlife of a small city. There are only two nightclubs, but lots of pubs and bars, often frequented by up-their-own-arse Chester types, especially when the (horse) Races are on.
    But alot of people like the nightlife, it's a small friendly place.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Sat, 13 Oct '18
  2. University of Chester
    Warrington Campus and University Centre Shrewsbury Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  3. University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Oct '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.