Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do you Londoners get to Keele University?? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!!

I need help getting to keele university. I have researched about it but because I'm going to the open day alone, I need an easy route to follow.

I tried uk.megabus.com and thetrainline.com and I can't find the closest station I could stop :/

Please help.

thanks

ReputationRep:
    stoke on trent

ReputationRep:
    The train station for Keele is Stoke-on-Trent. From there you can get the 25 bus which will take you directly to the Keele campus. You could get a taxi but it'll cost £6/7.

You can Megabus it to Birmingham and get a train from New Street up to Stoke. From New Street, it's £13 return or £8.60 with a Railcard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laurah5498)
    The train station for Keele is Stoke-on-Trent. From there you can get the 25 bus which will take you directly to the Keele campus. You could get a taxi but it'll cost £6/7.

You can Megabus it to Birmingham and get a train from New Street up to Stoke. From New Street, it's £13 return or £8.60 with a Railcard
    thank u

You could go all the way from London to Stoke-on-Trent by train, from Euston. It may be more expensive if you are going peak times, though it shouldn't be a problem if you are going for the Sunday open day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tcb1992)
    You could go all the way from London to Stoke-on-Trent by train, from Euston. It may be more expensive if you are going peak times, though it shouldn't be a problem if you are going for the Sunday open day.
    This is true. When I was living in Stoke last year and had to travel to London and back, it was sometimes cheaper to split the train journey. It was cheaper to get a ticket to Birmingham and another ticket from there to London rather than the one through ticket, same for the way back.

(Original post by Noire)
    This is true. When I was living in Stoke last year and had to travel to London and back, it was sometimes cheaper to split the train journey. It was cheaper to get a ticket to Birmingham and another ticket from there to London rather than the one through ticket, same for the way back.
    Thats insane. I'm currently at Keele, 1st year, and I haven't been back home yet. We live in Northampton, so I would probably have to change at Birmingham anyway, but even with this drive to cut carbon and push everyone towards public transport, you have to do stupid things like splitting journeys (something most people - especially those who don't regularly travel by train - wouldn't think of) to get the best deal.

That was quite a long sentence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tcb1992)
    Thats insane. I'm currently at Keele, 1st year, and I haven't been back home yet. We live in Northampton, so I would probably have to change at Birmingham anyway, but even with this drive to cut carbon and push everyone towards public transport, you have to do stupid things like splitting journeys (something most people - especially those who don't regularly travel by train - wouldn't think of) to get the best deal.

That was quite a long sentence.
    Haha! The rail network in England is a nightmare. I'm starting in York uni next week and I was looking up prices between York and Stoke (I have some lovely friends in Keele ), and it's ridiculously expensive! One of my friend's has suggested that getting 3 different return tickets might be cheaper than a single return :eek:

Like seriously?

But back to the topic OP, you could give National express a looksie if the train doesn't work out?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.