Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey

I was wondering if any of you could help me. I am currently in my first year of studying Childhood studies at Bangor and wish to proceed to doing a PGCE in Primary ed.

Although only in my first year I have decidhttp://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=5ed that UWIC is where I would like to carry out my PGCE. Having just looked at their entry requirements it lists that a GCSE in English is required and that "equivalencies are not accepted". I unfortunately only have GCSE's at C grade for English, Maths and Science. Does anyone know that if this is still acceptable or know of anyone who still managed to secure a place with only C for an English GCSE? Thanks

In addition to this, all primary work experience I have already required have been in rural schools. Will this affect my application for larger city universities offering PGCE who may prefere experience at more urbanised schools?

Thank you in advance

xxx

ReputationRep:
    Oh thank you very much x

ReputationRep:
    The TDA basic requirments are a C in english. maths and science. Some universities want higher but generaly a C is accepted

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.