Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Boys, I need your help! I added him... Watch

ReputationRep:
    I don't normally add randomers off the old Facebook, but...

Okay well I sort of got talking to this guy on a facebook group, and oh my God, he is rather dishy! I'm really picky about boys, but he's truly gorgeous! And we literally have a good few things in common, and he's single.

Problem is he's 20 and at Uni, haha fml. So my question is, if a girl added you on FB, would you want her to talk to you? I haven't said anything yet, as I don't want to **** it up... Like I want to talk to him, but I'm scared I'll look like a tit...so yeah, what would you think of a girl talking to you that you only breifly know off of FB itself?

I'm not usually nervous, I'm used to being confident so I really don't like this!

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    How old are you again? Cos obviously the age difference is a factor.

ReputationRep:
    I love it when girls add me "because I'm cute".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tieyourmotherdown)
    How old are you again?
    16, a lot of people usually think I'm older when they meet me, but he alraedy knows I'm 16 I think lol.

ReputationRep:
    He's a guy, he'll probably like female attention. Even more if he thinks there's actually a chance of getting in to your pants at some stage.

ReputationRep:
    I do not know of any 20 year old who would start a relationship from facebook.

ReputationRep:
    Him 20, you 16... Tricky...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    16, a lot of people usually think I'm older when they meet me, but he alraedy knows I'm 16 I think lol.
    Ah fair enough then :p: It's not like he knows you in real life, so you may aswell because if it goes tits up it's not like it'll be awkward because you just don't have to talk to him.

But I've gotta admit a 4 year age difference is quite large, so be careful

ReputationRep:
    I like it when girls talk to me on fb first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tieyourmotherdown)
    Ah fair enough then :p: It's not like he knows you in real life, so you may aswell because if it goes tits up it's not like it'll be awkward because you just don't have to talk to him.

But I've gotta admit a 4 year age difference is quite large, so be careful
    That's what I was thinking, I mean if it doesn't work we can just delete each other and never acknowledge eachothers existence again I guess. :p:

But yeah about the age gap, I'm worried he'll think I'm some stupid little girl haha.

ReputationRep:
    Nobody actually cares who adds them on Faceyb. Why does everyone makes such a big deal out of it? It's equivalent to me PM-ing you on TSR. Nobody cares.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidmarsh01)
    Nobody actually cares who adds them on Faceyb. Why does everyone makes such a big deal out of it? It's equivalent to me PM-ing you on TSR. Nobody cares.
    No no, I mean actually TALKING to him, I've already added the guy! And it's different because on here there's more anonymity (sp?).

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MJ9-WI3t-A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)

Okay well I sort of got talking to this guy on a facebook group, and oh my God, he is rather dishy! I'm really picky about boys, but he's truly gorgeous! And we literally have a good few things in common, and he's single.

Problem is he's 20 and at Uni, haha fml. So my question is, if a girl added you on FB, would you want her to talk to you? I haven't said anything yet, as I don't want to **** it up... Like I want to talk to him, but I'm scared I'll look like a tit...so yeah, what would you think of a girl talking to you that you only breifly know off of FB itself?

I'm not usually nervous, I'm used to being confident so I really don't like this!

Thanks!
    I'd like it if a girl talked to me first.

But back to your thread, as stated before.
    you're 16, he's 20.
    Get outtttt. soz. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)

Thanks!

you're 16, he's 20.
    Get outtttt, soz. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awais590)

you're 16, he's 20.
    Get outtttt, soz. :p:
    Would the age gap be a huge issue? Guys my own age are too immature to date lmao! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Meh, I went out with a 22-year-old when I was 16. It's not unheard of. Admittedly neither of us realised how old the other was when we first met each other, but it wasn't a problem when we did realise, either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Would the age gap be a huge issue? Guys my own age are too immature to date lmao! :p:

Ahem? Moi?

Nah, joking aside.

I'm sure he'd be reluctant in 'going out with you'.
    I mean, if I was 20. I wouldn't consider a 16 year old?

ReputationRep:
    God thats sad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    God thats sad.
    I know lol, I really wish I'd met him in a normal way instead of on bloody FB.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 3, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.