Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Boys, I need your help! I added him... watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humbugsftw)
    Lmfao.
    Seriously? Wow.
    You genuinely think a 20 year old might be interested in a 16 year old?
    Dear God...
    Unless he was desperate, or has seriously messed up standards, he won't be interested. Simple as.
    16 years olds are just considered immature and whatnot.
    Don't you have GCSEs to study for? I'd rather put education forward as a priority than worrying over some guy on facebook who you have no chance with.
    Ciao. =)
    I'm doing AS, actually. And I know plenty of 16 year old who date 18,19,20, and 21 year olds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Because when a guy tells me he fancies me, if I don't fancy him back, I try to either tell him in a round about way, or if that doesn't work, I'll come out with it and say I don't fancy him back.

And they do these things of their own accord, I've said before "No, it's fine, don't worry about it." and they do it anyway, so yeah. It's not manipulation.
    telling someone in a round about way like how. ignoring a text occasionally when he has run out of money. looking at another guy more often. limiting your flirtation. that means nothing. if you don't fancy someone don't flirt with them. at least tell them before you lead them on.

people may buy you gifts of their own accord. sure they don't have to do it at all. but you have influence them to do it. maybe not directly but you have nonetheless. guys will try and buy you things if they think you will be with them. you saying no was most likely never said seriously, but in a joking manner. you still accepted these things. a guy would intepret that as you being nice and trying to pay your own way but really being flattered by them and that he is in. it is still manipulation.

ReputationRep:
    And if you want to go out with him merely because he's 20/'attractive', then even worse.
    Sort your priorities out. Being shallow is a disgusting mentality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iota Null)
    How are you defining "chav" here? I think your definition is probably quite different to mine.

Not exactly, I just naturally flirt and they tend to do things for me. That's all.
    Then why were you proudly saying that you "get them to do what [you] want"? That implies active action on your part, and even embracing it is morally dubious.[/QUOTE]

Uneducated moron, cheap and tacky, starts fights, commits crimes, can't talk proper English, uncultured, no class, loud, usually wear tacky trackies, scrounge off of benefits, have no ambition, generally a plauge on society.

And becaue tbh, it IS quite fun, and SOMETIMES, I've asked them for favours becauase I know they won't say no. Not often though.

ReputationRep:
    The rule is half your age plus seven, ergo you're too young.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    I'm doing AS, actually. And I know plenty of 16 year old who date 18,19,20, and 21 year olds.
    Lol, AS's. Aren't you a big girl?
    Lol. Doesn't mean you can be one of them.
    Like I said. Sort your priorities out and quit being so shallow.

ReputationRep:
    So this thread has gone from;

*Liking a guy
    *The Clothes I wear
    *Being a **** tease
    and
    *Chavs.

I have to admit this thread does provide some entertainment, I almost regret reporting it.

ReputationRep:
    This is why I can't stand any girl under 18.

Edit: I dated a 17 year old when I was 21. The maturity gap was so annoying it didn't work out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by giantlemon)
    telling someone in a round about way like how. ignoring a text occasionally when he has run out of money. looking at another guy more often. limiting your flirtation. that means nothing. if you don't fancy someone don't flirt with them. at least tell them before you lead them on.

people may buy you gifts of their own accord. sure they don't have to do it at all. but you have influence them to do it. maybe not directly but you have nonetheless. guys will try and buy you things if they think you will be with them. you saying no was most likely never said seriously, but in a joking manner. you still accepted these things. a guy would intepret that as you being nice and trying to pay your own way but really being flattered by them and that he is in. it is still manipulation.
    Urgh, girls can never win, can they?!

No it's not, it's their own bloody fault. I've even said "I don't fancy you lol, you know it's not happening, right?" can't be more direct than that.

Also, it's not as if they wait for me all the time, one of them is now dating my friend. Although he still buys me things and tells me he'd rather be with me, which I guess is worse maybe, idk...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Uneducated moron, cheap and tacky, starts fights, commits crimes, can't talk proper English, uncultured, no class, loud, usually wear tacky trackies, scrounge off of benefits, have no ambition, generally a plauge on society.
    Why so stereotypical, joker? :eek3:

This thread originated from a friend request and advice on introductory conversations to a stranger, and to make it worse, online. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    And becaue tbh, it IS quite fun, and SOMETIMES, I've asked them for favours becauase I know they won't say no. Not often though.[/QUOTE]

how can you possibly expect anyone to attempt to help you. if you do this to guys your own age then why would we help you expand your circle of manipulation.

well i have wasted enough time. nice talking.

honest opinion. he won't give a ****. your some kid. he wants a woman. simples.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Horrid_GUI)
    Why so stereotypical, joker? :eek3:

This thread originated from a friend request and advice on introductory conversations to a stranger, and to make it worse, online. :lol:
    That's what they are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davezk)
    This is why I can't stand any girl under 18.

Edit: I dated a 17 year old when I was 21. The maturity gap was so annoying it didn't work out.
    This.
    There are VERY few girls I can tolerate who are under 18. Once you're in uni, it changes your perspective on things a little. =)

ReputationRep:
    20 year old + 16 year old = no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by giantlemon)
    And becaue tbh, it IS quite fun, and SOMETIMES, I've asked them for favours becauase I know they won't say no. Not often though.
    how can you possibly expect anyone to attempt to help you. if you do this to guys your own age then why would we help you expand your circle of manipulation.

well i have wasted enough time. nice talking.

honest opinion. he won't give a ****. your some kid. he wants a woman. simples.[/QUOTE]

I'm not manipulating anyone, there is nothing wrong with what I've done! I don't lead them on, I TELL THEM DIRECTLY! What's manipulating about that?!

You're a pathetic berk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    That's what they are.
    Every single one? If you agree with me then I no longer have to prove how much of a stereotypical female you are.

Don't judge people based on similar personality and fashion traits of people in society or due to your own personal experience. It makes you seem very narrow minded (which I believe you must be if you are asking for advice on chatting to a stranger online) :woo:

I don't mean to cause offence but seriously this is an enormous joke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Wow. It seems that at the place where you live, you just being surrounded by lots of them. Otherwise it wouldn't be such a great problem for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    That's what they are.
    Heh, the group "chavs" consists entirely of vile people when the group is specifically crafted to exclude anyone that isn't vile.

Reminds me of someone who started describing unattractive people as "subhuman" and then later defended himself by defining "subhuman" as "someone I wouldn't want to date". You're redefining a term that already exists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paul PTS)
    Wow. It seems that at the place where you live, you just being surrounded by lots of them. Otherwise it wouldn't be such a great problem for you.
    I'm not surrounded by them, my town has a council estate on the other side though, so occasionally they come across and start causing a fracas. It's really annoying, we just call the police and they get dealt with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Reality check.

University students:
    http://www.kent.ac.uk/stms/images/Ph...02008_6%20.jpg

You: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/member.php?u=464784
    Profile pic.

Maybe this should sort the differences.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 3, 2010
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.