Turn on thread page Beta

Boys, I need your help! I added him... watch

ReputationRep:
    You probably have 1000 friends on facebook or some ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rich_183)
    Mate, im afraid to say age is just a number....Everyone matures differently tbh as long as they are on the same intellectual level there isn't a lot wrong with dating a 16 y old!
    Who told you that? Gary Glitter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    I'm not having double standards.

And they are realistic darling.
    You do.

They aren't, retard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sxcmitzy)
    Lol thats cute, well thers a diff between us and thugs, u get me? And we dont dress as ugly as they do:-S ergh. We spend a lota timen clothes nd stuff nd we aint always in tracksuits nd stuff init. And the diff between us and u lot is that if we got a prob with them, (thugs aka freaks) then we beat the crap out of each other:-D (bet ur confused, I know, its hard to exp here) x nd yeah dw its cool
    A bit confused, yeah! :p:

ReputationRep:
    some really stupid people posting on this thread i dont know where to begin

firstly theres always a chance he would go for her, the person that said "i dont know a single 20 year old who would go for a 16 year old" is either lying or has no friends

secondly 20 year old boys (on average) are far more mature than 16 year old boys, i fail to see how anyone could possibly think otherwise

and thirdly, a LOT of girls (not just 16 year olds) want older guys - so why is everyone having a go at this one? rofl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    And okay then, maybe he will, although I'm a bit different to stereotypical 16 year olds.

Nothing wrong with having standards.
    So you keep saying. You ARE the stereotypical 16 year old though - fretting over a boy you met on Facebook, judging people by the way they look and speak, repeating over and over that you're not the stereotypical 16 year old.

It's completely fine though to be a typical 16 year old - just enjoy it! Plenty of time to meet grown up men and talk about politics and dine on oysters and champagne, seriously. I wish I had more fun, teenage relationships.

As for the guy, say whatever you want to say. A four year age gap wouldn't ordinarily matter but you're only 16. He's 20 and at uni so if he's anything like a normal 20 year old guy at uni, he'd have plenty of girls his own age to get with so just keep that in mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blink.)
    You do.

They aren't, retard.
    Care to explan on that?

And why aren't they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Organ)
    :rofl:

Rep for you my good man :top2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Well I don't know many 16 year olds that would. I prefer older guys, there's nothing wrong with that. But yeah there are some nice 16 year olds, but I see them as too young...lol.
    If you would not date a 16 year old regardless of his maturity level, then you cannot claim that the reason you won't date 16 year olds is because they are immature. The real reason, I suspect, is that you simply have a taste in older guys.

Have standards if you like, but at least make them internally consistent.

P.S. Yes, refusing to date someone your own age for a reason that can be applied to you -- i.e. you think they're too young -- is a double standard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    I don't normally add randomers off the old Facebook, but...

Okay well I sort of got talking to this guy on a facebook group, and oh my God, he is rather dishy! I'm really picky about boys, but he's truly gorgeous! And we literally have a good few things in common, and he's single.

Problem is he's 20 and at Uni, haha fml. So my question is, if a girl added you on FB, would you want her to talk to you? I haven't said anything yet, as I don't want to **** it up... Like I want to talk to him, but I'm scared I'll look like a tit...so yeah, what would you think of a girl talking to you that you only breifly know off of FB itself?

I'm not usually nervous, I'm used to being confident so I really don't like this!

Thanks!
    if a random girl adds me on facebook, i would investigate on who she is meaning i would talk to her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ck88)
    So you keep saying. You ARE the stereotypical 16 year old though - fretting over a boy you met on Facebook, judging people by the way they look and speak, repeating over and over that you're not the stereotypical 16 year old.

It's completely fine though to be a typical 16 year old - just enjoy it! Plenty of time to meet grown up men and talk about politics and dine on oysters and champagne, seriously. I wish I had more fun, teenage relationships.

As for the guy, say whatever you want to say. A four year age gap wouldn't ordinarily matter but you're only 16. He's 20 and at uni so if he's anything like a normal 20 year old guy at uni, he'd have plenty of girls his own age to get with so just keep that in mind.
    Not really. I agree worrying over a boy I met on FB is a bit stereotypical, but apart from that, not really.

And I'd rather not, I'd rather drink champagne and attend dinner parties at this age actually, and date older guys at this age. A lot of stuff "typical" people my age do is pathetic, immature, and boring. And won't do them well later in live.

But yeah I get what you mean about the whole girls at uni thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iota Null)
    If you would not date a 16 year old regardless of his maturity level, then you cannot claim that the reason you won't date 16 year olds is because they are immature. The real reason, I suspect, is that you simply have a taste in older guys.

Have standards if you like, but at least make them internally consistent.

P.S. Yes, refusing to date someone your own age for a reason that can be applied to you -- i.e. you think they're too young -- is a double standard.
    I wouldn't completely rule out a 16 year old, I have dated boys my own age before. I'm just saying that as a rule, they're immature. There's always the exception.

(Original post by Organ)
    Oh gosh, get a life!!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Lmao erm thanks? And you think, everyone does it that I know, maybe we're all just a bit weird then. :p:
    Pretty sure I've personally met everyone on my Facebook friends list at least once... that also goes for most other people I know. As far as I'm concerned at least, Facebook is for keeping in touch with your friends, not making new ones online!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhySoLimey)
    some really stupid people posting on this thread i dont know where to begin

firstly theres always a chance he would go for her, the person that said "i dont know a single 20 year old who would go for a 16 year old" is either lying or has no friends

secondly 20 year old boys (on average) are far more mature than 16 year old boys, i fail to see how anyone could possibly think otherwise

and thirdly, a LOT of girls (not just 16 year olds) want older guys - so why is everyone having a go at this one? rofl.
    Oh people are always a bit annoying on here, I've gotten used to it by now. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OrdinaryDay)
    Pretty sure I've personally met everyone on my Facebook friends list at least once... that also goes for most other people I know. As far as I'm concerned at least, Facebook is for keeping in touch with your friends, not making new ones online!
    Oh right. A lot of people I know add other peoples friends lol. However, I find that really annoying when people add mine so I keep mine private, but yeah random adds are really usual, or so I thought.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Care to explan on that?

And why aren't they?
    You mean expand...yes I will. You quite often slate whole groups of people, then come on here whining about being judged, i.e. 'I wear Jack Wills so people think I'm a rah, boo hoo...!. It's not ok to judge you, but it's ok for you to judge others. Secondly, the whole irony of thread. You reckon you aren't the average 16 year old, yet you are on here asking for advice about talking to some random bloke off facebook you fancy. You give off the whole 'I think I'm better than everyone' vibe. Grow up. This is why your standards aren't realistic, you think you're a lot better and more important than you actually are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    I wouldn't completely rule out a 16 year old, I have dated boys my own age before. I'm just saying that as a rule, they're immature. There's always the exception.
    See, again, that *would* make sense, if not for this:

But yeah there are some nice 16 year olds, but I see them as too young...lol.
    How is this not ruling out 16 year olds? Unless you're saying that some of them aren't too young, but I seriously doubt a few months makes a difference to you, in which case anyone who is not "too young" is also not a 16 year old.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blink.)
    You mean expand...yes I will. You quite often slate whole groups of people, then come on here whining about being judged, i.e. 'I wear Jack Wills so people think I'm a rah, boo hoo...!. It's not ok to judge you, but it's ok for you to judge others. Secondly, the whole irony of thread. You reckon you aren't the average 16 year old, yet you are on here asking for advice about talking to some random bloke off facebook you fancy. You give off the whole 'I think I'm better than everyone' vibe. Grow up. This is why your standards aren't realistic, you think you're a lot better and more important than you actually are.
    Judging someone on actions is different to juding someone on clothing.

And yeah, I admitted that part is stereotypical, but other than that, I'm not how most people think of teenagers. And lol I don't think I'm any more important than I am, I'm just very very confident. Plus, I am important darling. And they are realistic, plenty of guys are like that, so I don't see what's unrealistic about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iota Null)
    See, again, that *would* make sense, if not for this:

How is this not ruling out 16 year olds? Unless you're saying that some of them aren't too young, but I seriously doubt a few months makes a difference to you, in which case anyone who is not "too young" is also not a 16 year old.
    From my experiences, the great majority are too young-minded. However, I wouldn't be opposed to a 16 year old if we clicked and had great chemistry. Just generally, I prefer older boys.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 3, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.