Turn on thread page Beta

How should I react to the girl I slept with watch

So last day of freshers week, slept with a girl who had many a common thing with me. Exchanged numbers and she went back home.

We conversed several times for a week, however whenever I ask if she wants to meet up she is usually busy/doing something else in relation to her halls. Although one night I asked if she wanted to go to a bar, she didn't reply for ages (which happens a lot) so I just went out to a club thinking she didn't want to. Hark, I get a text at the club that she indeed wants to meet up, but by this time I am off the wall. I'm not actually sure why I didn't just leave the club...

More sporadic conversation via text messaging and calls. Most of the time she doesn't pick up or takes a while to reply. I got off my face again last night, I sent a message on the lines of
    "hey wanna meet up for a chat? If you don't reply I get the message..."

Her reply was;

heya, hows you? Sry late reply I've had a lot on. I am seeing someone, I'm sure you can understand, things went a bit too far therefore (I think she meant before - possible as drunk as I was, with said guy?). My fault
    What should I do? Reply? Ignore? Humbly accept that she found a better suitor?

ReputationRep:
    Dunno. Do you wanna be her friend?

ReputationRep:
    She's not interested. Take a back step and leave her well alone. It just sounds like a one night stand and nothing more.

Also, possible femme fatale?

She either found another suitor in the last week, or was already "seeing someone" when we got together. Or she is just plain old lying and I'm a creep, I'm a weirdo.

ReputationRep:
    If you're going to be sniffing up her leg I'd leave it well alone.
    If you just want to be friends I'd say something like: "what happens in freshers" and just be friendly, but not flirty (unless she flirts with you, but don't be the one to up the level of flirtiness if there is any).

ReputationRep:
    Depends what you want.

If you want to be her boyfriend, forget about it.

If you want to shag her again at a later date, something like: "No worries. Give me a call when the guy you're seeing calls it a day - the other night was fun..."

If you don't want anything more to do with her, either: "Cool, no worries" or just ignore (probably the latter).

(Original post by Journalistic)
    Depends what you want.

If you want to be her boyfriend, forget about it.

If you want to shag her again at a later date, something like: "No worries. Give me a call when the guy you're seeing calls it a day - the other night was fun..."

If you don't want anything more to do with her, either: "Cool, no worries" or just ignore (probably the latter).
    Well I replied with "no worries".

And btw, me and a mate were thinking - was she already seeing this guy when she slept with me? Or since that date a week ago?

ReputationRep:
    Just say ok thats cool and if its awkward you could always say she had a pretty vagina or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Well I replied with "no worries".

And btw, me and a mate were thinking - was she already seeing this guy when she slept with me? Or since that date a week ago?
    Sounds like she was already seeing him.

ReputationRep:
    well mate u did the decent thing and contacted her after u slept together... if she's not interested then u may as well move on... just act normal arnd her if u see her, its probably too awkward to be friends

(Original post by inspirational912)
    well mate u did the decent thing and contacted her after u slept together... if she's not interested then u may as well move on... just act normal arnd her if u see her, its probably too awkward to be friends
    I'm thinking this. Also, I should have included in the text "and if you ever want a chat..." or something along those lines at the end, but I already sent just "no worries". Oh well.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, she's quite clearly not interested. Just move on and leave her alone.

Nothing worse than a desperate man.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like she was aleady seeing someone, as sad as it is a think quite a few people leave boyfreinds/girlfreinds back home and sleep with people in freshers week what with being so drunk and crazy.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 4, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.