Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I've just started AS psychology and for some reason I can't write essays any more. I do sociology AS too and I can't write them in that either but psychology is more of a concern. I used to be good at essays (got A and A* in eng lang and eng lit and did sociology and history and got As in both) so I don't know what happened. My targets for AS are all A/B and I really want to do well so this is quite frustrating.

Any help/advice?

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry. The difference between writing essay for english and for psychology is that you're basically ticking boxes. You won't get as many marks for style and personal interpretation - it's all about knowledge and evaluation/analysis. So long as you have the knowledge and you know how to apply it, don't worry that your essay isn't the beautiful creation it would be for english lit. It's important you make you're hitting the right notes when it comes to AO1 and AO2 marks, especially for the 12-mark questions. It should be 50% knowledge and 50% evaluation, looking at methodological and ethical issues. Also, try out some past exam papers.

ReputationRep:
    thanks just panicking cos our school is doing preliminary assessments this week and if you don't pass they kick you out of the course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gina3706)
    thanks just panicking cos our school is doing preliminary assessments this week and if you don't pass they kick you out of the course.
    Oh, I'm sure that's just a ploy to get you working. They're always saying that in my class :P

Good luck!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 3, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.