Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just contemplating whether or not i should do a degree in Computer science BSc or Computer and management sciences BSc

The Computer and management sciences is 2 years CS and 1 year in Warwick Business school.

Which one would i prefer? I am edging towards C+MS if anything. I would like to Work in trading in front office (I think) hopefully if there are any desks in technology my degree could contribute to that.

Which of the 2 degrees would be most beneficial, they are both quantitative, even the year in business school is management SCIENCES, not just management, and i could learn some accounting maybe a bit of finance math etc..

would the extra year in business help me or give me an edge? thanks guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashton.alfred)
    Just contemplating whether or not i should do a degree in Computer science BSc or Computer and management sciences BSc

The Computer and management sciences is 2 years CS and 1 year in Warwick Business school.

Which one would i prefer? I am edging towards C+MS if anything. I would like to Work in trading in front office (I think) hopefully if there are any desks in technology my degree could contribute to that.

Which of the 2 degrees would be most beneficial, they are both quantitative, even the year in business school is management SCIENCES, not just management, and i could learn some accounting maybe a bit of finance math etc..

would the extra year in business help me or give me an edge? thanks guys
    You would of thought by the amount of times you have created threads on here, you would of known the answer. It gives you about the same edge as a summer school/semester course in Harvard/LSE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annoying-Mouse)
    You would of thought by the amount of times you have created threads on here, you would of known the answer. It gives you about the same edge as a summer school/semester course in Harvard/LSE.
    The whole course is at warwick, you just transfer to the business school in year 3

ReputationRep:
    The whole course is at warwick, you just transfer to the business school in year 3
    Yes, I know that. Didn't you want to know the value of a Warwick Business school?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annoying-Mouse)
    Yes, I know that. Didn't you want to know the value of a Warwick Business school?
    no, i wanted to know which degree would be better for a career in trading, I would imagine the more quantitative the better but i think they are very similar in the level of mathematics. Therefore would the year in WBS as apposed to the final year of CS be more beneficial?

ReputationRep:
    no, i wanted to know which degree would be better for a career in trading, I would imagine the more quantitative the better but i think they are very similar in the level of mathematics. Therefore would the year in WBS as apposed to the final year of CS be more beneficial?
    It's entirely up to you. Obviously, the more mathematical the better. But, it won't give you that any or significantly low advantage. You could learn most of it on the job, so why waste modules studying it? Study a philosophy or politics module that interest you, if it's available to you.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.