Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have 9 GCSE/iGCSEs in total, and 1 of these (Maths) is a C. I'm not planning on doing anything really related to maths, but I was wondering if this is going to look really bad on uni applications, and if it is, what can I do?

So realistically I have 7A*s and 1A, not counting the C for maths.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it will, you have A Levels to obtain too, excel in those!

ReputationRep:
    I think it will. A lot of people will disagree with me tho.

ReputationRep:
    No, not at all (But it is dependent on the course)

ReputationRep:
    Normally i would say no but as its maths im going to say yes but justresit it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thrug)
    I think it will. A lot of people will disagree with me tho.
    What should I do then? I'm taking the IB (where maths is compulsory) now and since I'm expecting to not do brilliantly at maths for IB, is it possible for me to not submit my GCSE maths grade to UCAS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dogatonic)
    What should I do then? I'm taking the IB (where maths is compulsory) now and since I'm expecting to not do brilliantly at maths for IB, is it possible for me to not submit my GCSE maths grade to UCAS?
    You have to put it on your ucas.
    Resit it cos it's maths.

ReputationRep:
    You could but that would be a bad idea - you have to have a GCSE in maths and english to get anywhere.

ReputationRep:
    I have 9 GCSE/iGCSEs in total, and 1 of these (Maths) is a C. I'm not planning on doing anything really related to maths, but I was wondering if this is going to look really bad on uni applications, and if it is, what can I do?
    Trust me - worse have applied to Oxbridge with worse grades (like D grades) and actually got in!

You will be fine with good A-Levels.:yep:

ReputationRep:
    Grrr...

What if I'm planning on doing something not very mathematical like Anthropology or International Relations? Is it not so apocalyptic then?

ReputationRep:
    I know two people who got in with an E - but these were in Art and ICT, maths might be seen as more important...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sovr'gnChancellor£)
    What on Earth is happening with your AS and A-Levels?!!

Eight AS Levels and and 6 A-Levels??!!!:eek: :eek:

What did you get in the ASs??:eek3:

That is quite insane.....
    Opps. It should be 7, I put German Twice.
    I got a C in German so I dropped it. At AS everything else was an A.
    I'll let you know my A2's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bambipoppins)
    You could but that would be a bad idea - you have to have a GCSE in maths and english to get anywhere.
    I don't wanna go off subject but why the eff are you doing so many A levels?!

ReputationRep:
    I've got a D in Design and Technology GCSE, will the tutors even care?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dededex)
    I don't wanna go off subject but why the eff are you doing so many A levels?!
    Ahhh It's complicated. . !

ReputationRep:
    I hope not. I have a "pass =C" grade in an ICT course. So yeah hopefully theyre not going to see that and then throw my application in the bin haha

ReputationRep:

more complicated than I'm a massive geek??
    :p:

ReputationRep:
    No. But resit it and get an A.

ReputationRep:
    I thought that if you had a GCSE/A Level that you had a certificate in, you HAD to put it on your UCAS?

Especially Maths -if you don't put it on there, they'll assume you failed it and that'll make you look even worse.

ReputationRep:
    I don't get why you'd do English Lang & Lit as well as Literature as a seperate subject, I mean, I know that Lang & Lit isn't the same as doing Language and Literature seperately, but won't universities do the same thing they do with Maths and Further Maths? Just consider one of the A Levels?

Then again, im ignoring the fact you probably enjoy the subject enough to want to do 2 A Levels in it. Im not really in a position to say anything there since im going to have 3 A Levels in Maths by the end of this year. We should make a club for people who have 6 or more A Levels.

There will be Punch and pie.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.