Turn on thread page Beta

My friend might go to prison - I'm worried about her watch

ReputationRep:
    About three months ago now my friend was involved in a hit and run. She was drunk when it happened, and she was driving someone else's car on her own with a provisional license. Suffice to say, the courts took a very dim view to what happened and she was sentenced to community service. The problem is that she's missed it two times and now they're threatening her with prison.

She was supposed to do it on Saturday, just litter-picking and wall-scrubbing etc. On Friday she went out though, and I warned her to come back in nice and early so that she'd be up in time to meet the van (she gets collected somewhere and then taken off with all the other criminals). By 01:00 however she wasn't back when I phoned her, and so I knew that that didn't bode well for her doing the community service.

Yesterday morning on Facebook though, I knew she hadn't been because her status had been updated on her Blackberry saying, 'who wants to come and make me breakfast in bed?' at 09:30 (she was supposed to leave at 08:00).

I'm really worried about her going to prison because the courts have had it in for her ever since they found it she lied in court to protect her boyfriend ages ago when he was being done for armed robbery. Should I talk to her about it? I just don't want to see her go to prison.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like she had it coming.

ReputationRep:
    doesn't the law exist to protect innocent parties?

She got pissed and illegally drove a car. She endangered lives.

Prison may be a wake up call... She might be your mate but really is that the way to behave? Mate or not, I wouldn't want someone going out and endangering lives. If they wont pseudo-voluntarily serve the time then it has to be forced lol.

The courts have been quite kind giving her this sentence and she is throwing it back in their faces. Her problem not yours... She won't go down for TOO long most likely, just enough to scare the **** out of her (hopefully)

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like she's not going to take it seriously until she does go to prison. I don't think there's anything you can do too change her. She sounds like an idiot and not a particularly nice person - her behaviour in all of the situations you've described has been atrocious. Maybe jail will give her a wake up call.

ReputationRep:
    she will need:

http://www.infomaniaco.com.br/wp-con...h_miller_1.jpg

ReputationRep:
    ha, crazy *****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daytona01)
    doesn't the law exist to protect innocent parties?

She got pissed and illegally drove a car. She endangered lives.

Prison may be a wake up call... She might be your mate but really is that the way to behave? Mate or not, I wouldn't want someone going out and endangering lives. If they wont pseudo-voluntarily serve the time then it has to be forced lol.

The courts have been quite kind giving her this sentence and she is throwing it back in their faces. Her problem not yours... She won't go down for TOO long most likely, just enough to scare the **** out of her (hopefully)

Yeah, this exactly. She was definitely lucky to only get community service, and the fact that she's not taking it seriously shows that she has no remorse for what she did, and prison should sort that out.

ReputationRep:
    A drunk hit and run, in someone elses car, on a provisional license...and she got community service?>.> Sheesh.

Apart from the fact she got of incredibly lightly, it's up to her. If she can't be assed to do the community service then she'll get a wake up call.

I doubt the courts have it in for her for lying ages ago. Unless they have a massive black list and all judges consult it before each case. "Oh she lied years ago to Judge x, i'm Judge y and i'll be strict with her then" :/

ReputationRep:
    You can try talking to her but it sounds like she's not really bothered. Maybe she thinks that the courts threat of going to prison is an empty one. Perhaps it'll be a wake up call for her.

ReputationRep:
    she sounds quite irresponsible...
    sounds silly but can't u get her parents involved? just assumed she wasn't that old.
    just be really firm with her, i would! shake her by her shoulders, and make her know she's gonna end up in prison if she's not careful.
    i wouldn't worry too much even if she DID end up in prison, british sentences are incredibly short but it will be on her records

ReputationRep:
    She's quite simply stupid.

ReputationRep:
    You should sex her.

ReputationRep:
    A hit and run while drink driving without a licence, no insurance and in somebody else's car, and all she got was litter picking?

Prison is where she should be, especially as she cant even be bothered to do the litter picking, and lied to protect an armed robber.

ReputationRep:
    isn't it funny how the courts always seem to "have it in for" reckless criminals

ReputationRep:
    Meh, sounds like she could use a spell inside tbh. Probably sort the silly ***** out.

ReputationRep:
    she deserves everything that comes to her

ReputationRep:
    Needs to go to prison, i can;t stand ***** like that...sounds like a spoilt brattish child with no responsibility, needs a good slap in the face

ReputationRep:
    It might all work out best in the end as she will end up in prison where she should have gone in the first place for what she did.
    She only got litter picking and she could'nt even do that. Make her watch some ep's of Bad Girls to make her realise how serious it is. Not the funny ones but the ones with Jim Fenner in it.

ReputationRep:
    **** her.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like she deserves it tbfh

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 3, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.