Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Here's going to be a place for all the people interested in Marketing, no matter is Marketing Communication, Marketing Research, Brand Management or something else..let's discuss!

List of people signed up:

mike_mike
    +epic
    dotkom
    00unity00
    melodic-verse
    jessyfantastic90
    blatchcorn

ReputationRep:
    Nice idea.

ReputationRep:
    Hi people!

Is anyone else studying Marketing here? Or do you guys just have an interest in the subject?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blatchcorn)
    Hi people!

Is anyone else studying Marketing here? Or do you guys just have an interest in the subject?
    "Something else" ... Read above.

ReputationRep:
    Nice! Well erm.. I've just graduated with a degree in Business and Management (Marketing). I wouldn't say I love Marketing, but it's definitely the area of Business that I enjoyed most.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing the same as u panda bear,just started my second year.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to apply for a Marketing course starting in 2011.
    I consider Lancaster,Strathclyde,Aston and also Nottingham Trent, University of West of England and Central Lancashire..
    I'm passionate about Marketing Communication but some kinds of Marketing Research sound appealing too.

ReputationRep:
    UWE BA (Hons) Marketing, 2 years completed, 1 year work placement done and just on a year of intermittance doing more work atm Database Co-ordinator for a CRM system and work experience/possibility of job at a business design consultancy that is SO amazing.

ReputationRep:
    Did studying Marketing help you have better ethics?
    I have studied Marketing both during my high school and on my own and I think it actually helped me have a ..not necessarily "fairer behaviour" because I'm fair but surely better ethics.

ReputationRep:
    Let's arrenge the small team and provide some rules of the process. And elect the foreman. The foreman must be from UK, so most part of other members could see him in reality. And the foreman also must have web camera to talk with abroad members as me.
    I have several ideas to discuss, may be some else also have good ideas, may be even better than mine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paul PTS)
    Let's arrenge the small team and provide some rules of the process. And elect the foreman. The foreman must be from UK, so most part of other members could see him in reality. And the foreman also must have web camera to talk with abroad members as me.
    I have several ideas to discuss, may be some else also have good ideas, may be even better than mine.
    What rules?
    I think all the people should have the willingness to learn/discuss/share things about Marketing..this is it, and it can't be a rule ..this is obvious.

ReputationRep:
    I left it out of my agenda lately and nobody seemed really willing to join this society.So..again, who's interested in joining The Marketing Society?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Hi guys! I am applying for variations on a marketing degree for next year. So far my first choice will be Northumbria!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! Is this thread still alive? I'm applying for MSc Marketing/Marketing Communications for Sep 2011 - would be great to discuss and compare uni choice criteria here..

+epic: Why Northumbria? (I'm curious, haven't heard much about them)
    mike_mike: I'm applying for Lancaster and Strathclyde too. Plus Warwick + Manchester + possibly: Bath, Cardiff, Edinburgh...

My tp choices are Warwick, Strathclyde and possibly Lancs.

What about the rest unis though?
    Aston, Henley, Durham - quite good business schools, but as far as for postgrad marketing studies I am not convinced. Might still try to apply though.

Imperial - anyone applying for their new MSc in Marketing? Love the reputation, location and facilities - however, it seems to be better suited for recent undergraduates or people looking to get into marketing for engineering/science intensive industries..

Is anyone applying to traditionally well reputed red brick schools like Manchester and Leeds - if so, is that because of their general reputation or their reputation for marketing?

Has anyone heard any feedback from current marketing students/alumni from the above mentioned schools?
    And what about Leeds, Kingston and Sheffield?
    (These 3 apparently were in the UK Top 10 for marketing studies some 5 years ago.. There was a very thorough online guide on marketing degrees back then, such a shame the website seems no longer available!)

Any comments?

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I've heard good things about Warwick, Lancaster, Bath and Cardiff when it comes to Marketing courses.
    They were all on my list but only Lancaster has courses really focused on Marketing at undergraduate level. The rest are have courses at postgraduate level which could be interesting.
    Strathclyde, Aston, Durham, Henley,Warwick and Lancaster have the triple accreditation so I think they are better known and maybe have better facilities.
    You should really look at what the triple accreditation means.
    Some of these have longer experience in business and there are some important marketing professionals working there.

I know nothing about Imperial but I wouldn't go for it because of the high living expenses in London.

Many people are still stick with the idea that "you should only apply to universities in the Russel group" or "red-brick universities" so they apply there.
    They are well-known because of various other reasons, not they Marketing courses.
    Anyway, that doesn't make their Marketing courses uncompetitive.
    I knew some websites to but they just vanished away..
    The bottom line in your decision would be..consider the professionals working there, consider their reviews but really put much emphasis on the course structure.
    The city life, the number of bars and cinemas..leave those for later

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I wanna join your gang.

Having read the above list of top notch Universities, and having not seen mine (you MUST have made a mistake!) listed, I think I'll decline from mentioning where I'm at. I am on a Marketing degree, 2nd year student in the UK. Not sure what this gang membership entails lol but I'm game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 00unity00)
    Hey,

I wanna join your gang.

Having read the above list of top notch Universities, and having not seen mine (you MUST have made a mistake!) listed, I think I'll decline from mentioning where I'm at. I am on a Marketing degree, 2nd year student in the UK. Not sure what this gang membership entails lol but I'm game.
    Hmm..there are quite a lot of other universities offering so-considered "good" Marketing courses.
    My intention was to give some useful information based on what doktom said.
    Are you at Manchester or Swansea?

It's about sharing ideas now..so really you should let us know where you study.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys
    I'm second year Marketing Management student at Lancaster Uni if anyone's got questions.

Im in the middle of the ******* process of finding a placement

Ego- CRUSHED

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melodic-verse)
    Hey guys
    I'm second year Marketing Management student at Lancaster Uni if anyone's got questions.

Im in the middle of the ******* process of finding a placement

Ego- CRUSHED
    same here I'm just finishing my application for one now. It is so competitive!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessyfantastic90)
    same here I'm just finishing my application for one now. It is so competitive!
    What comps have you gone for?
    Ive just come back from an assessment centre but didnt get it =[

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 14, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.