Turn on thread page Beta

What can i do.. i feel soo insecure :/ watch

ReputationRep:
    Up until now i havent really had a problem with how i am, until may of this year, when i got attacked by this older guy who lives the town next to me. i know who he is and i know what he wanted. i haven't really told anyone about what happened to me, but i have slept a whole night since and i wake up shaking and i hate myself in every way shape and form.

i'm 18, 5ft 1, size 6 with a B cup, i have a few spots but nothing overly bad, just the occassional ones like most teenagers, i am tanned, have a tattooo and up until last week had lovely long brown hair, until i flipped after a guy hit on me and cut most of it off, which i now regret. i just hate how i look, and im not unattractive nor am i amazingly pretty.. i'm just average and i do get guys attention on nights out.. i just hate it.

i hate guys looking at me, i feel uncomfortable and insecure and feel ugly, fat and i know deep down that i'm not..

how can i feel more comfortable with myself without having to tell people about why i am so insecure, the few people i have told keep telling me i should go to the police because the guy keeps following me home and telling me he is going to finish what he started, i dont want to be stuck inside scared out of my wits, i just want to be normal.

Please help :/

ReputationRep:
    pictures? I think your just putting yourself down (drama queen),

ReputationRep:
    If you feel insecure, then educate yourself about the Lord.

ReputationRep:
    You do really have to go to the police about it. Honestly.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, sounds like a pretty good idea to either go to the police or tell someone that can help.

About the insecurities, if you accept yourself the way you are (like saying deep down you know you're not fat or whatever) you'll be happy.

ReputationRep:
    If you put a small value on yourself, rest assured that the world will not raise your price.

ReputationRep:
    wth go to the Police if you were attacked duh

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, go to the police. I know what it feels to be in your shoes and I didn't tell anybody for ages, then one day I told my mum and nothing ever happened again and he got in a lot of trouble. What if he does "finish what he started?", imagine how you'll feel then and how much worse you'll feel, as you're showing now, you already think it's your fault when it's not and trust me, it only gets worse as the situation worsens. As well as that, what if he does it to somebody else? Could you live with that? Please seek help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KellyWellyWoo537)
    Seriously, go to the police. I know what it feels to be in your shoes and I didn't tell anybody for ages, then one day I told my mum and nothing ever happened again and he got in a lot of trouble. What if he does "finish what he started?", imagine how you'll feel then and how much worse you'll feel, as you're showing now, you already think it's your fault when it's not and trust me, it only gets worse as the situation worsens. As well as that, what if he does it to somebody else? Could you live with that? Please seek help.

Well i did try and talk to my best friend about it, it took me like 6-7 weeks to be able to tell him though and all he said was oh :/. and we have barely spoken a word since. it happened the weekend before i turned 18, so i was quite drunk.. i don't know if i lead the guy on or if it was all my fault. some mornings i cant even bare to look at myself because i feel disgusting. i dont go out in little dresses or skirts or leggings, jeans and hoodies is about as far as it goes at the moment. except i went to the pub on friday in a dress which i felt highly uncomfortable in, (i used to live in them) and i didnt drink or anything.

i just want to be able to put it all behind me and feel comfortable with myself, like i'm not repulsive or what ever, sometimes i feel like the guys that i do get attention from just want me for one thing, which is completely unfair on the guys i know. i plaster myself in make up because for a second it makes me feel better about myself, but then i just feel bad again. i never used to wear much make up. i just need something quick to make me feel happy with my appearence again x

ReputationRep:
    It's obvious that the clothes and your appearence aren't the issue here, and I think you know it. Counselling might help you overcome the attack.

ReputationRep:
    You're clearly not over what happened to you and it's causing or exacerbating a lot of your problems now. You should see a counsellor, everything you discuss with them is confidential and hopefully they can help you to move on and develop a more healthy perception of yourself.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I would go to someone who can help. Maybe the samaritans? I think you can phone and you don't have to tell them who you are. You can email too

ReputationRep:
    Go to the police ASAP, but as difficult as it sounds, try to live your life just like you did before the attack. Your attacker wanted you to feel helpless and weak, and if he knows that this is how you feel he's won. Even if you feel very low try to keep your head up and take each day at a time.
    Good luck and I hope you can bring him to justice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buttercup<3)
    Well i did try and talk to my best friend about it, it took me like 6-7 weeks to be able to tell him though and all he said was oh :/. and we have barely spoken a word since. it happened the weekend before i turned 18, so i was quite drunk.. i don't know if i lead the guy on or if it was all my fault. some mornings i cant even bare to look at myself because i feel disgusting. i dont go out in little dresses or skirts or leggings, jeans and hoodies is about as far as it goes at the moment. except i went to the pub on friday in a dress which i felt highly uncomfortable in, (i used to live in them) and i didnt drink or anything.

i just want to be able to put it all behind me and feel comfortable with myself, like i'm not repulsive or what ever, sometimes i feel like the guys that i do get attention from just want me for one thing, which is completely unfair on the guys i know. i plaster myself in make up because for a second it makes me feel better about myself, but then i just feel bad again. i never used to wear much make up. i just need something quick to make me feel happy with my appearence again x
    I completely understand where you're coming from. I let mine go on for a year, then told my best male friend and he refused to speak to me again. So I thought "it must be me, it's my fault", I stopped going out, stopped doing anything, wore horrible clothes, the lot, just so people wouldn't look at me. Then my mum found out and everything got a lot better. It's natural you'll feel like it's all your fault while this creep is coming after you, but it's him with the problem, and I know it doesn't feel that way now but in time it will. If you don't want to tell anybody, I suggest you text him and say something like "if you ever come near me again the police will be waiting for you and they will know what you've done" and if that does'nt work then you'll have to tell somebody. It's the only way it'll get better. I also had councelling and that really helped, and it's not what people think at all, you sit there, have tea and biscuits and chat about how you feel if you want to. Since then, I've had a massive reform and now feel a lot better about myself and realise that men leering over me wasn't my fault, it was theirs. I hope things work out for you

ReputationRep:
    First of all GO TO THE POLICE because he's clearly dangerous and knows where you live and is persistently following you home.

ReputationRep:
    The police won't care

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 5, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.