The Student Room Group

I want to leave my course but....?

I have just started a Law degree but i want to go to work and live in America, and all i'm learning about is 'English legal systems' and the fact we don't have a constitution... which obviously America does. Also i believe that you can't work in America with a English Law Degree...

If i leave my course do i have to pay the fee's still?
And i am in university halls of residence, so if i leave my course will they release me from my contract so i don't have to pay for that?

Because i plan to work solidly for the next year then (hopefully if i earn enough) go to America and get my degree.

I don't know if i am wasting my time by being here as it isnt what i want to learn about and I it won't really get me anywhere, but then there is the side of the argument that i could get my degree, then work for a couple of years so i have the money to pay for the fee's in America, and do it that way, but that is like 5 years down the line and that's a long time, and a lot changes in 5 years.

So i guess my question is: if i leave my course, do i stil have to pay for my course fee's and accomodation fee's? and Would it be better for me to leave and work for a year and then go to America to get my degree?

Thank you in advance

Latest

Trending

Trending