Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I want to register for the student BMJ but it asks for your year of graduation! Can you make this up in order for you to read it before going to Uni?

ReputationRep:
    Without wanting to patronise you, I don't think at GCSE level the BMJ is relevant to you, or even understandable.

Read it if you like, but don't be surprised if you don't get anything from it.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Democracy)
    Without wanting to patronise you, I don't think at GCSE level the BMJ is relevant to you, or even understandable.

Read it if you like, but don't be surprised if you don't get anything from it.
    The OP is talking about the sBMJ, which is written in a pretty accessible way.

ReputationRep:
    Again, you won't get much out of it...

ReputationRep:
    The sBMJ is for medical students/junior doctors.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beska)
    Yes I mean the sBMJ as I said in my opening post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beska)
    The OP's title was about the BMJ. My bad.

The sBMJ is irrelevant too (imho). But shrug, they won't be checking up on her, so by all means, make up a date.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    The OP's title was about the BMJ. My bad.

The sBMJ is irrelevant too (imho). But shrug, they won't be checking up on her, so by all means, make up a date.
    Well if you all think I'm incapable of reading it then maybe I shouldn't bother.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalie21)
    Well if you all think I'm incapable of reading it then maybe I shouldn't bother.
    No, go ahead and read it. It won't do you any harm.

ReputationRep:
    It's not that you're incapable...currently I have six journal articles sitting my desk, waiting to be read and I'll be honest with you, half of what I read is unintelligible. It's not about you or your aptitude. As I said, I didn't want to patronise you at all.

But why am I attempting to dissuade you? See for yourself...sign up, it's free as far as I know. But after you've read a few of their articles, don't think you're thick if you didn't get much out of it.

ReputationRep:
    Well not that you are incapable of reading it, it won't do much for you as a pre med student. If you want to stay updated with the latest medical news/topical issues, a lot of it can be done for free. BBC health etc, no need to spend money and subscribe to the service.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for the neg rep, and the accompanying comment. I guess you're welcome? :curious:

You complete tool :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    your welcome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by digitalis)
    No, go ahead and read it. It won't do you any harm.
    ok

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.