Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I actually quite like CD annex because you don't have to sit next to anyone and get those nice little individual desk-chairs instead

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BethanW)
    I actually quite like CD annex because you don't have to sit next to anyone and get those nice little individual desk-chairs instead
    I never did in there last semester- we basically had to sit like in a 6th form class- with the tables in a squirkle instead of in twos.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by makingamemory)
    Sorry (Can't even ride a bike!) if i remember correctly you can go to security and ask for it?

must do essay. must stop procrastinating. kjdakdsadada
    Cool!
    I just realised it was a bit silly to expect someone to post it on here haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    Cool!
    I just realised it was a bit silly to expect someone to post it on here haha
    Just had a thought, why not ask on the village fb page?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone here do Japanese or know how good the department is? I've heard they opened it last year so it is very new. Someone has an idea?

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing it's not free. Is it termly, or yearly, and in your opinion is it worth it?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Jess, for the gym and swimming pool its easiest for students just to pay per use. Off peak it's only £1.60 for either swimming or gym per session so works out great value! Also if you join certain sports clubs you can access the pool at certain club times for free such as triathlon, swimming and waterpolo.

ReputationRep:
    How long is a session? I'm looking at the general machinery equipment really.

ReputationRep:
    Sessions in the gym and pool are unlimited so as long as you want!

ReputationRep:
    That's not bad I take it you go? What do you do regularly?

ReputationRep:
    Personally I stick to swimming but know lots of my friends that use the gym! I also use the climbing wall occasionally which is also £1.60 off peak after an initial £10 registration fee. There's also all the student-union-run clubs to join as well. This year I'm involved with Sailing and Fell & Mountaineering which are both great fun!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D.Thomp)
    How did people find the applications to UEA, does it take a long time, do they stick to their published entry reqs, do they ask for interviews etc..?
    You've probably got a reply now and whatnot, but I sent my application away on the 18th of November, got an offer for an interview on the 1st of December, and got an offer on the 4th on January. I'm studying in Scotland right now, and my offer was actually below the published entry requirements, since they ask for AAA at Advanced Higher (which I haven't sat yet) and I got an unconditional. So if any applicants from Scotland are looking at this, good news!

ReputationRep:
    I heard that Japanese is a relatively new course. Is there anybody who is currently taking it? How is it?

ReputationRep:
    Hey im in my first year, 19 yrs old, and im kinda shy and a non alcoholic and im kinda finding it hard to meet people at uea. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James2431)
    Hey im in my first year, 19 yrs old, and im kinda shy and a non alcoholic and im kinda finding it hard to meet people at uea. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks
    Have you tried the law or american law societies?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    Have you tried the law or american law societies?
    yeah they both have alcohol fueled socials which i can't do.....but thats about it lol

ReputationRep:
    yeah they both have alcohol fueled socials which i can't do.....but thats about it lol
    ah no erm im not really sure what else to suggest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    ah no erm im not really sure what else to suggest
    Ah thanks anyway

ReputationRep:
    Are you living on campus, have flatmates and so on?

Alternatively, can't you talk to whoever's in your lectures and make friends that way?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know roughly how many hours' contact time a week you have for Psychology?

Or just any psychology-at-UEA related comments?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.