Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by makingamemory)
    I got an email earlier from the box office saying theyre closed from the 5-10th April, I'm not sure if the travel shop will be the same though.
    Ahh, cheers. I assume as they're now in the same room they'll both be open till then. I'll wander in this afternoon or tomorrow, probably. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Question for the ladies: are there salons nearby? And if so, how much would a haircut or a face-wax cost? Thanks! And sorry if this is a silly question.

ReputationRep:
    I dont mean to pose an awkward question, but ive got a predictament with choosing universities.

Should i choose UEA which i really liked

Or york? a russel group and good history department

and why?

thank you
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by AverageExcellence)
    I dont mean to pose an awkward question, but ive got a predictament with choosing universities.

and why?

thank you
    Depends entierely on your subject and how much more valuable a history degree will be from UEA or York. But it's also important that your happy in your surroundings, happy with accommodation, happy with the sports village, happy with the students union etc

If there's not much difference between the history league tables between UEA and York then go with UEA.

ReputationRep:
    Quick Q: How long does it take to get from university to town via bus/taxi/walking? Do people usually take cycle/walk/bus or what?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak137)
    Quick Q: How long does it take to get from university to town via bus/taxi/walking? Do people usually take cycle/walk/bus or what?

Thanks
    most people usually get the bus during the day- its 20-35 mins depending on the time of day and the bus route (the 25 is quicker) and at night get a taxi which takes about 10 mins. Walking takes about an hour as its 3 miles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AverageExcellence)

and why?

thank you
    if you really liked UEA go for it, at the end of the day UEA still has a good reputatation, and having taken a module in the History department I was largely impressed by it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    most people usually get the bus during the day- its 20-35 mins depending on the time of day and the bus route (the 25 is quicker) and at night get a taxi which takes about 10 mins. Walking takes about an hour as its 3 miles.
    Oh right, thanks. How much is the bus? And how much is the taxi at night?

Thanks again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak137)
    Oh right, thanks. How much is the bus? And how much is the taxi at night?

Thanks again
    The bus is £4 return, or you can get a bus pass for £210 for the year. The taxi fare is about £6.50 one way, so divided between 5 people going out at night thats £1.30 per journey.

ReputationRep:
    The bus is £4 return, or you can get a bus pass for £210 for the year. The taxi fare is about £6.50 one way, so divided between 5 people going out at night thats £1.30 per journey.
    Ah okay, thanks very much!

darn it, cant rep you :dry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak137)
    Ah okay, thanks very much!

darn it, cant rep you :dry:
    no worries, im not fussed about rep

ReputationRep:
    Is there a pass for every transportation mean, not just for buses? I'm sure there are none for taxi's but I meant for both buses and trains, for example?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by candy82)
    Is there a pass for every transportation mean, not just for buses? I'm sure there are none for taxi's but I meant for both buses and trains, for example?
    No, because the trains cover a much wider network than the buses- there arent any trains that go within Norwich.

ReputationRep:
    No, because the trains cover a much wider network than the buses- there arent any trains that go within Norwich.
    Oh, I see! But the bus pass is worth it, right? Seeing as I'll be riding the bus quite often there? :P

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I see! But the bus pass is worth it, right? Seeing as I'll be riding the bus quite often there? :P
    If you like to go into town a lot then yeah its worth it

ReputationRep:
    If you like to go into town a lot then yeah its worth it
    Yeah, I think I might like to visit the town frequently! Without the pass, how much is the bus fare?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I think I might like to visit the town frequently! Without the pass, how much is the bus fare?
    £4 return (or more if you buy 2 singles oddly).

ReputationRep:
    anyone knows what will happen if your bus pass is confiscated ?? do they send you a letter or something?

sorry to butt in , since you guys are talking about passes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiMi1)
    anyone knows what will happen if your bus pass is confiscated ?? do they send you a letter or something?

sorry to butt in , since you guys are talking about passes
    not heard of anyones bus pass being confiscated. i dont think they do unless maybe your arrested for an offence on a bus. nothing on them about that unlike kids oyster cards in london

ReputationRep:
    not heard of anyones bus pass being confiscated. i dont think they do unless maybe your arrested for an offence on a bus. nothing on them about that unlike kids oyster cards in london
    Full story: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...%20confiscated

??:confused:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.