Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maivi.dang)
    Thanks for the advice, but what about prices and quality of the goods? Which one do you think offers the best stuff with pretty decent prices?
    In addition to what Chris has said, I should point out that the UFO is quite small so doesn't offer the full range of goods you'd find in a normal sized supermarket. Other than that its down to personal preference, especially regarding whether you want delivery or to go into the stores yourself, as Morrisons don't deliver and there isnt a full sized Tesco within easy reach by public transport.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone. I was just wondering if there is a meet and greet service for EU students that are due to arrive on the 14th September (medical students etc). I'm asking because on the UEA website it only has dates for the rest of the students that start a week later.
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    To anyone at UEA already:
    On results day last year, did UEA send out any emails or text messages to congratulate people first thing on the morning or is it just a case of checking on UCAS etc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jake862)
    On results day last year, did UEA send out any emails or text messages to congratulate people first thing on the morning or is it just a case of checking on UCAS etc?
    There definitely wasn't any text messages, 95% sure we didn't receive an email either. I remember finding out I was definitely in by getting a letter from UCAS on results day. Good thing though as I couldn't even get onto track to check and even though I had my grades I was paranoid until I saw the letter Then if iirc you get an email a few days later about online registration?

Good luck for thursday

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! Fingers crossed track wont crash and I will be able to get onto it first thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jake862)
    Yeah UEA deffo dont send emails or texts but this year UCAS are emailing people to say if they have got into uni or not so check your emails anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Hello. I am an EU student starting the medical course in September. I was just wondering if the dates for the Christmas holiday are the same for medical students (since we start earlier). I'm in the process of booking my tickets and I would like to know if anyone who is already a medical student could help out. Is it from the 15th December until the 6th January as it says on the website?
    Thank you in advance
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by MaragonLy)
    Hello. I am an EU student starting the medical course in September. I was just wondering if the dates for the Christmas holiday are the same for medical students (since we start earlier). I'm in the process of booking my tickets and I would like to know if anyone who is already a medical student could help out. Is it from the 15th December until the 6th January as it says on the website?
    Thank you in advance
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by km100)
    I did biological sciences at UEA - so any questions, just ask away
    whats it like? I mean the teaching and the vibe around the campus?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaragonLy)
    Hi everyone. I was just wondering if there is a meet and greet service for EU students that are due to arrive on the 14th September (medical students etc). I'm asking because on the UEA website it only has dates for the rest of the students that start a week later.
    Thanks.
    I know there is an international students meet and greet thing happening a few days before regular students arrive, I don't know if there is anything specifically for medical students though.

I would assume you'll be sent information closer to the time when everything is finalised. Also try looking at the International Student Association who are likely to have something planned.

ReputationRep:
    quick question, do our modules (or at least the files for those modules) from our previous year stay on bb? Or will they remove them before the start of the semester?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by makingamemory)
    quick question, do our modules (or at least the files for those modules) from our previous year stay on bb? Or will they remove them before the start of the semester?
    Mine did, although they usually update for the year below, so some lectures etc might no longer be there.

Any important files you might want to save to your computer just in case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx)
    Mine did, although they usually update for the year below, so some lectures etc might no longer be there.

Any important files you might want to save to your computer just in case.
    Ahh okay, thanks!
    *this is gonna take a while*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrisawhitmore)
    Well, it depends on the size you're looking for, the UFO on campus (union food outlet) is a small but reasonably well stocked mini supermarket, selling co-op goods, and there are medium sized tesco and co-op stores at the fiveways roundabout around a 15 minute walk from campus. (Important to note: while the tesco is open 24 hours, it stops selling alcohol at 11pm. We found this out the hard way on an unsuccessful booze run). For a full sized supermarket, the easiest is Queen's Road Sainsbury's in the city, which is near the bus stops for the 20, 25 and 30 buses running through campus, taking about 20 mins or the morrison's near the train station, which you can get to on the same buses, taking about 30 mins.
    This is really useful, thanks alot!

ReputationRep:
    just applied for accomadation and I chose ensuite as my first pick. was wondering if I'd get put in one in the village or on campus? (don't think it specified as there was only 1 normal ensuite option). thanks
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Saphfire)
    just applied for accomadation and I chose ensuite as my first pick. was wondering if I'd get put in one in the village or on campus? (don't think it specified as there was only 1 normal ensuite option). thanks
    Was it ensuite standard or premium? Premium is on campus, standard is the village. It will have specified between the two.

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering when freshers week tickets go on sale to the first years, and then on general release?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UEAAccommodation)
    I was wondering when freshers week tickets go on sale to the first years, and then on general release?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellie-wellie)
    Not sure exactly as this sort of thing is all handled by the student union. What normally happens though is around the time of online pre-registration the link to the ticket bookings will be sent to the freshers to buy them. I don't know what will happen about general sales though - I think the idea is to have as many freshers as possible attend the events.

ReputationRep:
    would bringing a car be practical?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 5, 2017

University open days

1. University of East Anglia (UEA)
    UEA Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of East Anglia (UEA)
    UEA Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.