Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ella37)
    Still no registration email here either.
    But I wanted to ask, does the enrolment and module selection come with the registration? Because I seriously have no idea what modules I'll be (compulsory) doing. :/
    Not sure about module selection as last year all of my modules were compulsory, but I think last year they had to fill out a separate form and send it back to the uni. To see what are you compulsory modules, you can check your course profile on the UEA website.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    you can definitley smile- i am in mine
    Oh ok :P, do you have to use it alot?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ch0wm4n)
    Oh ok :P, do you have to use it alot?
    If your a first year in one of the newer ensuite halls then yes as you need it to get into your block. And also to get into the library. And if you want a student discount in shops.

ReputationRep:
    If your a first year in one of the newer ensuite halls then yes as you need it to get into your block. And also to get into the library. And if you want a student discount in shops.
    Awesome, hopefully i dont look like a mug in my photo :L.

ReputationRep:
    I've registered online for my course (starts end of Sept), but don't understand the medical forms- when it says 'to be completed by doctor', does that mean my current doctor or the one I'll register with in Norwich? (Or the actual Doctor?)

ReputationRep:
    The doctor you would be registering with in Norwich, I presume.

Is there anybody that can recommend a good hotel that is close to UEA?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by avignon)
    The doctor you would be registering with in Norwich, I presume.

Is there anybody that can recommend a good hotel that is close to UEA?
    The Broadview lodge is on campus and does bed and breakfast: http://www.broadviewlodge.co.uk/rooms.htm

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much!

Which mobile phone network would you recommend? Or should I ask, which service provider has the best coverage at UEA?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if this is a silly question but what is a t shirt party? I saw it on the freshers week activites but have no clue what it is

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if this is a silly question but what is a t shirt party? I saw it on the freshers week activites but have no clue what it is
    just a club night where you are given a t-shirt to wear which you write things about yourself on like name, course e.c.t

ReputationRep:
    just a club night where you are given a t-shirt to wear which you write things about yourself on like name, course e.c.t
    Thanks for your reply , is it similar to the ice breaker event or should i go to both?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rapidash)
    I've registered online for my course (starts end of Sept), but don't understand the medical forms- when it says 'to be completed by doctor', does that mean my current doctor or the one I'll register with in Norwich? (Or the actual Doctor?)

Yeah, that's the one you register with in Norwich.

If you haven't already you'll be told a set of days when you can go register at the med centre (depending on surname, just stops a mad rush of everyone trying to register at once!). You go on one of those days, take those forms and they'll sit down with you, check them, and fill in the 'doctor' bits. Just leave them blank.

xxx

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your reply , is it similar to the ice breaker event or should i go to both?
    I would reccomend going to as many freshers events as you can- its not just about the actual club night but getting out and bonding with your flatmates and meeting others and you'll find most people will have tickets for most nights.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by makingamemory)
    Not sure about module selection as last year all of my modules were compulsory, but I think last year they had to fill out a separate form and send it back to the uni. To see what are you compulsory modules, you can check your course profile on the UEA website.
    Yep, got the registration e-mail now.
    My compulsory modules are a bit confusing as I have a 'choice' to do 60 credits, ranging from one 60 credit module, to a few 20 and 40 credits. *shrugs*

But yes, we've a link to a form to fill in and then they said to just e-mail it back to the respective office.

ReputationRep:
    I would reccomend going to as many freshers events as you can- its not just about the actual club night but getting out and bonding with your flatmates and meeting others and you'll find most people will have tickets for most nights.
    Ok thanks for your advice

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Can someone's tell me where can i find the time table for new Undergraduate Law student ?

I have already checked whole webside but i am not able to find it

I hope you can help me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andachiel365)
    Hi

Can someone's tell me where can i find the time table for new Undergraduate Law student ?

I have already checked whole webside but i am not able to find it

I hope you can help me
    Hello. Your UEA timetable is available at the UEA Student Information Service (UEA SIS) site, which can be accessed directly at https://evision.uea.ac.uk/, or through The Portal (accessible at the bottom of the main UEA website). If going through the Portal, you need to select the 'Academic' tab and then 'Student View'. Once you've got in, just select 'View my Student Timetable'.

You'll probably need to have completed the registration process beforehand so make sure you've checked all your e-mails from UEA and completed any steps to do with registration. If your particular course requires module choices to be completed before you arrive then they might not show up just yet, and even once your course has begun, it's a good idea to check your timetable every week as rooms can change sporadically with little warning.

Hope that helps, and welcome to UEA!

Hi there,

I've gone though all the registration steps apart from the last one.

I click on the link to The Portal but get a message of: "Guests are not allowed to go to this module." once I'm on it. :confused:

I see that some people are already choosing their modules and have their timetables but my timetable come up blank and I cant see any modules. I don't know what to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chanlp94)
    Hi there,

I've gone though all the registration steps apart from the last one.

I click on the link to The Portal but get a message of: "Guests are not allowed to go to this module." once I'm on it. :confused:

I see that some people are already choosing their modules and have their timetables but my timetable come up blank and I cant see any modules. I don't know what to do.
    Hi

My husband also had the same issue as you have had when he went through the last step of the registration process. He rang up and was put through to someone in his department of study and they were able to sort it out for him. I think that a few other people have also had this issue and it was just a small computer issue which is easily resolved.

My advice would be to give them a call in the morning and I am sure that they will be able to sort it out for you

ReputationRep:
    am i supposed to know if i have to enroll in modules that i get to pick?/where do you do this

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.