Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody been able to get hold of their NUS card? I've just spoken to an extremely rude and patronising woman saying I can't have it until I start! I've paid money for that card and their withholding it.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by SuperCat007)
    Has anybody been able to get hold of their NUS card? I've just spoked to an extremely rude and patronising woman saying I can't have it until I start! I've paid money for that card and their withholding it.
    You need your campus card to collect it (to prove who you are and that you are a student) and you don't get that until you start, so it's unlikely that you'll be able to get it before then.

Also, you have to collect it in person.

ReputationRep:
    I've got a clash on my timetable on my first day, does anyone know who I contact to sort this out and do any other psychology students have the same clash? :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikkiliannaa)
    I've got a clash on my timetable on my first day, does anyone know who I contact to sort this out and do any other psychology students have the same clash? :/

I'm doing Psychology and I can't see a clash on mine.... What time/what for?

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so I'm having some trouble with the medical registration forms..
    The part about immunisation to Meningitis C, specifically.
    On one of the forms where you're supposed to give information about immunisations, it says "You are strongly advised by the UEA, INTO & UEA Medical Centre to ensure you are fully immunised to UK Department of Health standards. Please have these BEFORE you come to the UEA and write the dates in the boxes below:"

But at the medical centre's website, it tells me "International students should also consult their doctor to try to be immunised at least 3 weeks before their arrival in the UK. The University Medical Service will immunise anyone aged 24 or under who has not been immunised before arrival, however, all students are strongly advised to obtain immunisation BEFORE coming the UEA."

I'm confused
    So I guess my question is, how crucial is it to get this immunisation before coming to UEA?
    Getting short on time here, too..
    Also, how specific do you have to be with the dates you had your MMR immunisations?

Links to the form and website:
    http://www.umsuea.co.uk/downloads/20...lth Status.pdf
    http://www.umsuea.co.uk/index.php/re...h-requirements

Many thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikkiliannaa)
    I am also studying Psychology and have a clash on my timetable on the first day but I think that on the first day we have to follow the induction timetable which is in the introduction to new students module in the first week folder and then we follow our normal timetables after that.

ReputationRep:
    How do we choose what modules we do and get our timetable? Can't find it anywhere.

ReputationRep:
    I have AAC but I'm applying for an AAB-ABB course ... I don't know my predicted grades but I think they'll be around AAB ... but will they reject me solely on my AS grades? as I've heard they are picky like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stoney15)
    How do we choose what modules we do and get our timetable? Can't find it anywhere.
    elective modules are chosen by filling in a form available on the portal available here: https://portal.uea.ac.uk/webapps/por...group_id=_17_1 there should be a link directing you to information for new students from your school of study under the academic tab and look at any other sub tabs such as information. Bare in mind not all courses have elective modules to choose.

And the timetable is found by clicking on student view under student records which takes you to another page and that should have a view my timetable option. You need to set it to when you start as its default setting is the current week. If you haven't chosen modules yet then it will probally be blank.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperCat007)
    Has anybody been able to get hold of their NUS card? I've just spoken to an extremely rude and patronising woman saying I can't have it until I start! I've paid money for that card and their withholding it.
    You can't have it until you start because you're not an NUS member until you've officially registered with the uni and they've confirmed that you're there. Dem's the rules, unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BethanW)
    You can't have it until you start because you're not an NUS member until you've officially registered with the uni and they've confirmed that you're there. Dem's the rules, unfortunately.
    Someone at UEA said they were pretty sure it could be posted, as I've paid my money for it and they are withholding something I have been charged for, which isn't allowed, nor was it made clear to me at the time that I would be unable to receive or use it, but naturally I haven't heard back.

Plus it's not whether I get it or not, it's just the fact that this woman was so rude to me. I can't hack that, therefore I contacted someone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanielMartin)
    I have AAC but I'm applying for an AAB-ABB course ... I don't know my predicted grades but I think they'll be around AAB ... but will they reject me solely on my AS grades? as I've heard they are picky like that
    For my course they wanted AAB, and I got ABB in my A levels and I was accepted if that helps!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, looks like I'll be returning to London at the weekends more than a few times this year. Noticed that the service at the weekends is different to midweek - you may need to change up to 3 times at the weekend. Obviously, that's a bit annoying and can up to an hour onto the time of my journey.

I reckon it must be down to maintenance work on the line as service is superb during the week, so I was just wondering if anyone knows how long this work is going on for? If it's going on for long, maybe I'll have to use the coach service instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Determined*)
    I am also studying Psychology and have a clash on my timetable on the first day but I think that on the first day we have to follow the induction timetable which is in the introduction to new students module in the first week folder and then we follow our normal timetables after that.
    Is it a 'Leminar' that clashes with something?

I'm going into my 3rd year doing Psych and we have it too. It's just an optional talk. They just put it on there.

ReputationRep:
    Check Megabus. It leaves/returns from UEA campus and booking in advance gets the ticket down to £3. It will cost over £2 just to get the bus to the train station unless you have a bus pass.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by midge.)
    Is it a 'Leminar' that clashes with something?

I'm going into my 3rd year doing Psych and we have it too. It's just an optional talk. They just put it on there.
    Hi thanks for the information. Yes it is a Leminar which clashes but its only on the first week timetable. After that there is no further clashes so very strange but thank you for the information. It makes more sense now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Determined*)
    Hi thanks for the information. Yes it is a Leminar which clashes but its only on the first week timetable. After that there is no further clashes so very strange but thank you for the information. It makes more sense now
    remember that for the first week you follow an induction timetable and not the timetable on evision

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobius323)
    Hey guys, looks like I'll be returning to London at the weekends more than a few times this year. Noticed that the service at the weekends is different to midweek - you may need to change up to 3 times at the weekend. Obviously, that's a bit annoying and can up to an hour onto the time of my journey.

I reckon it must be down to maintenance work on the line as service is superb during the week, so I was just wondering if anyone knows how long this work is going on for? If it's going on for long, maybe I'll have to use the coach service instead.
    Well one of the guys who I lived with last year said he was speaking to a worker once and they mentioned that there was something wrong with the norwich-london track which has required them to change it along the whole line which is why it's messed up every Sunday.
    Honestly if I were you i'd get the megabus as if you book it in advance it's only £1.50 it takes an hour longer but from Victoria it's only one stop to Clapham jnc can get the train/bus home (It was you who lived near putney/wim right?). Plus on a sunday getting back the coach drops you off right by the car park, so you just walk back to your accommodation, instead of waiting for a sunday service bus from the station. I've gotten the train back on a Sunday and it's okay but after having already done 3 changes to get to Liverpool street/Kings Cross having to swap at Cambridge/Ely is annoying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    remember that for the first week you follow an induction timetable and not the timetable on evision
    Yes on my induction timetable it says to follow that for the first day and then follow the timetable on evision after that. I think I am just going to print off a copy of both timetables and hope that I arrive at the right places at the right times lol !

(Original post by DanielMartin)
    My course was AAB-ABB I think, and I somehow got in with ABC. I wouldn't say UEA are 'picky', but if you have a really solid personal statement then you'll have more chance of getting in. If your AS grades are AAC then you have every chance of achieved AAB and I don't see why you wouldn't be predicted that. Obviously your chances at UEA depend on how competitive the course is, but no it's unlikely you'll be rejected solely on your AS grades.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 5, 2017
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of East Anglia (UEA)
    UEA Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of East Anglia (UEA)
    UEA Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.