The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

The UEA Question Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1100
Original post by barnetlad
Anyone seen Delia Smith whilst they've been there?

No, but the other day I caught a glimpse of Steve Coogan as Alan Partridge's head, and heard him shout AHA!
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 1101
Does anyone know where I can buy a bus pass from the UEA and what I need to bring with me apart from money? ID/photo?
Original post by Tbx
Does anyone know where I can buy a bus pass from the UEA and what I need to bring with me apart from money? ID/photo?

You get one in the travel shop upstairs above the street. You'll need a passport sized photo and your student ID card.
Reply 1103
Original post by jelly1000
You get one in the travel shop upstairs above the street. You'll need a passport sized photo and your student ID card.

Ok thanks :smile:
Reply 1104
Original post by Tbx
Ok thanks :smile:

Also if you're getting one during the first few days of freshers week make sure you have a little time to spare as the queue is generally quite long!

xxx
Original post by kpwxx
Also if you're getting one during the first few days of freshers week make sure you have a little time to spare as the queue is generally quite long!

xxx

How much is the bus ticket for a year?
Reply 1106
Original post by WhatDoIWrite
How much is the bus ticket for a year?

A year is £215.

You can also get a 10 month till the end of June for £199 if you think that will suit you more.

Then you can pay an extra £25 for insurance - this lets you get two replacement passes. I think this is overpriced since the passes probably cost about 5p to make, and you have to buy it in advance, but I still got it with mine as out of 4 years I lost my pass during 2 of them, and if you don't have the insurance you have to buy a whole new pass!

http://www.uea.ac.uk/services/students/Fin/bus_pass

xxx
Do your blackboard pages show the modules that your taking next year yet?

My blackboard page shows 5 of the modules I took last year and 1 I am taking this year but it doesn't have the module outline, however all the other modules I am taking this year are missing.

On my enrolled modules page it shows the modules I am taking this year and my timetable also shows my modules I taking this year.
Reply 1108
Original post by ch0wm4n

My blackboard page shows 5 of the modules I took last year and 1 I am taking this year but it doesn't have the module outline, however all the other modules I am taking this year are missing.

On my enrolled modules page it shows the modules I am taking this year and my timetable also shows my modules I taking this year.

It depends when the lecturer decides to make it available :smile:. If you click the little cog next to your modules on blackboard you can see all options and choose which ones to display, so if they aren't there the lecturer probably just hasn't made them available yet.

I certainly wouldn't worry if Evision says you're registered, they'll appear on blackboard soon.

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ch0wm4n

as long as they are on the enrolled modules page then it doesn't matter. only one of my modules is showing on the blackboard academic tab atm- I know for a fact one of my lecturers is away which is why he hasn't put his guide up, it could be yours are as well or they don't want you worrying about the module early.
Original post by kpwxx
It depends when the lecturer decides to make it available :smile:. If you click the little cog next to your modules on blackboard you can see all options and choose which ones to display, so if they aren't there the lecturer probably just hasn't made them available yet.

I certainly wouldn't worry if Evision says you're registered, they'll appear on blackboard soon.

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

as long as they are on the enrolled modules page then it doesn't matter. only one of my modules is showing on the blackboard academic tab atm- I know for a fact one of my lecturers is away which is why he hasn't put his guide up, it could be yours are as well or they don't want you worrying about the module early.

Thanks I was getting worried about it :colondollar:, but most of my modules came up today :biggrin:.
So people I am in need of advice ASAP! If someone could do me a massive favour! I'm planning a night out tonight for some of the people in my accommodation and I have absolutely no idea about which club to go to in Norwich. Back in Kent, thursdays were always student night so I'm guessing it's pretty much the same here (Cheap Drinks, Cheap Entry etc.)

So I guess the question I need answered is WHERES THE BEST CLUB TO GO TO IN NORWICH ON A THURSDAY?

Let me know guys, Thanks :biggrin:
So people I am in need of advice ASAP! If someone could do me a massive favour! I'm planning a night out tonight for some of the people in my accommodation and I have absolutely no idea about which club to go to in Norwich. Back in Kent, thursdays were always student night so I'm guessing it's pretty much the same here (Cheap Drinks, Cheap Entry etc.)

So I guess the question I need answered is WHERES THE BEST CLUB TO GO TO IN NORWICH ON A THURSDAY?

Let me know guys, Thanks
Reply 1113
Original post by JJjackson

Let me know guys, Thanks

Lola-lo used to be alright in terms of music.

Mercy is pretty much the biggest club. Everyone complains that it's awful but also everyone seems to go.

The best advice I can give is just get a taxi/bus to Prince of Wales road, pretty much all the clubs are there so you can just walk down the road and pick one which looks good to you! Plus if entry is too expensive you can just move on to the next one.

xxx
Original post by JJjackson

Let me know guys, Thanks

I don't even know which is our student night, but anyway, if you're half the people on my course, most of the pharmacy students go to Tau (now called Mantra I think, I'm going to be using that to suss out which people are freshers), never been in there because the queue is always horrendous so my friends and I always give up and go to Mercy instead. I love Mercy, some people don't but personally I think it's pretty great. :L My coursemates love Tau but my flatmates hate it, and I can't judge, so I'd vote Mercy. Or Lola Lo's, it's quite good.
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
I don't even know which is our student night, but anyway, if you're half the people on my course, most of the pharmacy students go to Tau (now called Mantra I think, I'm going to be using that to suss out which people are freshers), never been in there because the queue is always horrendous so my friends and I always give up and go to Mercy instead. I love Mercy, some people don't but personally I think it's pretty great. :L My coursemates love Tau but my flatmates hate it, and I can't judge, so I'd vote Mercy. Or Lola Lo's, it's quite good.

Agreed, Mercy was quite nice when I went- loved the music. Tau/Mantra mainly does urban music which isn't really my thing & Lola's I love the cocktails and the music but the dancefloor is so tiny I get too hot in there dancing for longer than about half an hour.
Agreed, Mercy was quite nice when I went- loved the music. Tau/Mantra mainly does urban music which isn't really my thing & Lola's I love the cocktails and the music but the dancefloor is so tiny I get too hot in there dancing for longer than about half an hour.

I love Mercy, it's definitely tied with "Wonder-project-land" as my flatmates call it as my favourite place to go out. Yeah, urban music's really not my thing, think I'll stick to not going to Tau. Yeah, Lola's is pretty mini.
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
I love Mercy, it's definitely tied with "Wonder-project-land" as my flatmates call it as my favourite place to go out. Yeah, urban music's really not my thing, think I'll stick to not going to Tau. Yeah, Lola's is pretty mini.

Not been to Wonderland since it became Wonderland
Not been to Wonderland since it became Wonderland

It's alright, it's quite good on a Friday when Propaganda's on. Would be better if my flatmates didn't always go to the R&B room, the main room is way better. So I probably prefer Mercy tbh.
Hello, does anyone know which books would be good to read for Biological Science? Preferably the ones needed for first year. I want to go next year and I'd like to either read the books or at least browse them so I can see what I might be learning. Thank you! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending