The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

The UEA Question Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by University of East Anglia
Sorry for the delay. We would advise contacting the admissions team directly by emailing [email protected] with 'BIO' in the subject line so we can look at your case in more detail. Unfortunately without more details we can't really help.

On the broader point about clearing and adjustment this course hasn't had places spare in August for a number of years so based on this it is unlikely it would be in clearing and adjustment this year either.

I was able to get a response from the admissions team, saying to get my tutor to email them with predicted grades for my exams and I could be reconsidered, I just hope it goes well.
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Hello, just curious, how likely will I get an International Undergraduate Scholarship?

Also, do I need to firm UEA before i apply for it?

Original post by AgnesGrey1
Hello, just curious, how likely will I get an International Undergraduate Scholarship?

Also, do I need to firm UEA before i apply for it?

No you don't have to have made your decision to apply for a scholarship - but you do need an offer first.

Whether you earn yourself a scholarship depends entirely on your application and who else is applying, but we would recommend applying as soon as possible if you're thinking about coming to UEA.

More information here: https://www.uea.ac.uk/study/international/fees-and-funding/international-undergraduate-scholarships
Reply 1303
Hello, are you allowed to work during your year abroad? Thanks :smile:
Original post by Arqu
Hello, are you allowed to work during your year abroad? Thanks :smile:

Yes you are- if you are doing a language degree you can work as a language assistant in a school instead of going to university, I know people who've taken that option. And I have a friend who went to a university in the US and was able to work as a kitchen assistant in the campus bar. I would imagine there would be restrictions on how many hours you can work outside the EU though.
Weird question buttt.... In the ziggurat accomodation, is there room under the bed for storage boxes? thank you :smile:
Original post by hollygc123
Weird question buttt.... In the ziggurat accomodation, is there room under the bed for storage boxes? thank you :smile:

There is yes :smile:
Original post by lilGem
There is yes :smile:

thank you!!!! :smile:
Which accommodation would you recommend for a sociable person and somebody who wants to go out a few times a week etc, does this make a difference, is there a few specific halls which are best and right in the centre of the action, so to speak.
Original post by KentonW
Which accommodation would you recommend for a sociable person and somebody who wants to go out a few times a week etc, does this make a difference, is there a few specific halls which are best and right in the centre of the action, so to speak.

Ziggurats are usually always lively due to the large flat sizes, campus ensuite is hit and miss tbh- it really depends on your flatmates.
Are foundation year students doing computer science applicable to accommodation on campus? And if yes, would we have to travel to another facility to study that subject?

Thanks.
Original post by Hefty11
Are foundation year students doing computer science applicable to accommodation on campus? And if yes, would we have to travel to another facility to study that subject?

Thanks.

Of course, you are able to apply for accommodation. The accommodation guarantee however does not apply to those who have studied the Foundation Year and are entering Year 1 (their second year at UEA). I'm not sure about question about traveling to another facility. The School of Computing Sciences is based on campus near our Lecture Theatres, which is where you will be based most of the time.
Original post by University of East Anglia
Of course, you are able to apply for accommodation. The accommodation guarantee however does not apply to those who have studied the Foundation Year and are entering Year 1 (their second year at UEA). I'm not sure about question about traveling to another facility. The School of Computing Sciences is based on campus near our Lecture Theatres, which is where you will be based most of the time.

Thanks for the reply. So after I finish my foundation year will I have to get accommodation elsewhere?
Original post by Hefty11
Thanks for the reply. So after I finish my foundation year will I have to get accommodation elsewhere?

While we would consider your application, there is no guarantee of this. This is in line with the policy of not guaranteeing students campus accommodation beyond their first year. The Accommodation Team are happy to take your questions on this at [email protected]
(edited 7 years ago)
This might be an odd question, but I'm pretty sure that when I visited UEA I saw some bikes - is it common to bring bikes or do most people just walk everywhere?
Original post by CathyHeathcliff
This might be an odd question, but I'm pretty sure that when I visited UEA I saw some bikes - is it common to bring bikes or do most people just walk everywhere?

A lot of people cycle, especially once they move off campus after first year and there are quite a few bike lock up places on campus.
I've firmed UEA for Psychology. What should I do if I feel it's highly unlikely I will miss the entry requirements (ABB) by a grade or two. The reason for this is completely my own fault but a collection of minor events (not worthy of exam considerations) that affected my overall concentration in studying.

Is it worth emailing someone before results day? As I know many people call up on results day if they have missed their place

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Trolleybaby
I've firmed UEA for Psychology. What should I do if I feel it's highly unlikely I will miss the entry requirements (ABB) by a grade or two. The reason for this is completely my own fault but a collection of minor events (not worthy of exam considerations) that affected my overall concentration in studying.

Is it worth emailing someone before results day? As I know many people call up on results day if they have missed their place

Posted from TSR Mobile

If it isn't genuine extenuating circumstances e.g. illness or bereavement then all you can do is wait and see. Normally universities have made a decision on candidates who miss their offer before results day, where they haven't and your offer says conditional still then its worth calling up, however if it says you've been declined then there is no point in calling as the university have already made up their mind.
Just wondered how much choice there is in psychology dissertation topics (I know it's a way off) as I'd like to do something forensic related but the forensic module isn't until third year so would this not be a possibility? Sorry wasn't sure where to post this question!
Does the UEA have wifi across their campus? I don't mean in the halls

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending