Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Et Tu, Brute?)
    have you checked the facebook page? there is a buy/sell textbook page and pretty busy this time of year.

depends on what you class as 'lively', compared to bigger cities such as Liverpool you'll be disappointed if you want it to compare. Though few students actually go into the city on Saturdays anyway (go to LCR instead) and tend to go into town on the weekdays eg. Thursday. There are also a bunch of good bars that you can go to. Overall the nightlife is good, but if you expect big fancy nightclubs you'll be disappointed.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of applying for Environmental Earth Sciences, if I miss my offer, would admissions reject me and instead offer me the foundation year course or would I have to apply for the FY course?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by RedLight27)
    I'm thinking of applying for Environmental Earth Sciences, if I miss my offer, would admissions reject me and instead offer me the foundation year course or would I have to apply for the FY course?
    There are a lot of possibilities here, RedLight27. You should not assume that you will necessarily be offered the Foundation Year, this could depend on a variety of factors including demand for the Foundation Year, and by how much you miss your requirements. If you'd like to discuss further please email [email protected]

ReputationRep:
    Hi, sorry if this is a weird question but I wasn't sure where to put it.
    I'm applying to go to UEA for September, but in the meantime can non-UEA students borrow books from the UEA library?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by DauntlessKilljoy)
    Hi, sorry if this is a weird question but I wasn't sure where to put it.
    I'm applying to go to UEA for September, but in the meantime can non-UEA students borrow books from the UEA library?
    A bit more information our website here: https://portal.uea.ac.uk/web/hub/lib...rnal-borrowers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by University of East Anglia)
    A bit more information our website here: https://portal.uea.ac.uk/web/hub/lib...rnal-borrowers

thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Very general question, how do you do food shopping?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by freyelise)
    When I was in halls, I did the big shops by tesco delivery, that way you don't have to bother lugging stuff back on the bus etc... There is an SU shop, which is on campus, but fairly expensive, and I would absolutely only recommend using it for coincidental bits as and when, and booze when you're so drunk you don't care...

About a 5 min walk from campus is a Tesco petrol station which has pretty good selection of food in - I went there quite a lot for top up shops in between the big orders I did... There is also an Aldi about 10-15 minute cycle from campus which a lot of people would go to, but obviously if you're cycling you can't carry that much back with you...

ReputationRep:
    To add to Mobsys post, Asda and Waitrose/Ocado also deliver to campus (yes I frequently saw Ocado vans on campus). Just round the corner of the Tesco is a fairly decent sized Co-op, there is also another Co-Op a 10-15 mins bus ride and if you get the 25 bus all the way you end up at Morrisons.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Seems like the above answers have you covered, but there's also this on our website:

https://www.uea.ac.uk/study/undergra...food-on-campus

Blogger Anne-Sophie also mentions her shopping habits in this blog: https://annesophieatuea.wordpress.co...opping-at-uea/

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got an email to the applicant offer day? I received an offer in November but unfortunately don't know when they are.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Ueaquestion)
    Has anyone got an email to the applicant offer day? I received an offer in November but unfortunately don't know when they are.
    Every school has different dates, the link should have been within the email from us when you received your offer. Drop an email to [email protected] and they can help

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone a prospective law student hoping to go to UEA? I'm going into 2nd year and don't need these textbooks anymore i have revision guides too. PM me if interested.

ReputationRep:
    I've put east Anglia down as my firm and really want to go their but I don't know if I can get a B in geography do you if they are lenient with grades achieved

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.