Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I REALLY don't give a flying **** about my Sociology class. The uni screwed up my application so by the time I was accepted it was pretty much all that was left open that I qualified for.
    I need to take the class because student loan is set by how many classes you have, but I don't care whatsoever about it and frankly every piece of work it gives is a *****.

I think I'm just gonna stop showing up, accept that I won't get credit but that I'll still get money, and go a for less mickey mouse subject next semester. Good idea?

Excuse me if I used mickey mouse wrong btw, it means "all talk and essentially worthless subject" right?

ReputationRep:
    Won't you just get kicked out eventually and get no money?
    Are you also not paying for accommodation?

etc

ReputationRep:
    The thing about sociology is that it's pretty easy - so you might as well stick it out and do well in it rather than not going and it going against you.

ReputationRep:
    If you just stop showing up you'll probably get a few formal warnings and then kicked off of the course.

I imagine once that happens the uni will inform the loan company and you'll stop getting payments through.

ReputationRep:
    You will have your anal virginity stolen from you.

I suggest you get your arse back in that seat and start learning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jingers)
    Won't you just get kicked out eventually and get no money?
    Are you also not paying for accommodation?

etc
    Idk, I doubt it. They don't do roll call here so classes aren't mandatory. We get graded on this presentation thing we do weekly, but idc about the grade. Most of the grade is this paper we have to write by the end of the course (on our own time, btw, so not an exam really)

I have another class as well, one that isn't horrible (not useful per se, but tolerable). So it's not like they'd kick me out of the uni.

Idk what accommodation has to do with it, but I'm not in a dorm. I'm staying with this guy who used to have a thing for my mom >_> mildly creepy but he leaves me well enough alone so I get my room free from interruption, which I love.

I don't even really know what I'm asking. Mostly I feel bad because if I stop doing anything my presentation group will be down to 3 people, where all the other groups have 5 (we were the unlucky group to get less people).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EsStupido)
    You will have your anal virginity stolen from you.

I suggest you get your arse back in that seat and start learning.
    Too late for that I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizlaz350)
    The thing about sociology is that it's pretty easy - so you might as well stick it out and do well in it rather than not going and it going against you.
    Well this is the first time they're teaching this particular class and they kinda screwed up. Really, the professor admitted it, there should have been a ****-ton of prerequisites and every other student in there has at least 2 years of Sociology experience.
    I have none, I actually googled the definition of "sociology" the night before my first class. And it wasn't what I thought it was >_>

It's not about how hard something is, for me. If I have interest, I can do amazing things. If I don't care, nothing will get done. It's how I am, and I quite often got the "wasting your potential" speech from History, English, and Government teachers because I have no interest in these things.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.