Intelligence vs. Beauty

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
BermyHopeful
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
What is more influential in the 21st Century, Beauty or Intelligence?

How would you propose that beauty is more influential?
rajandkwameali
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 years ago
I think intelligence is worth more. It leads to progress, and is the only thing that makes humans special. There are other species that are nice to look at, some people find dogs cute as an example.
junaidzakria
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
Under my opinion, the beauty is world 's most powerful equipment. History tell us that world 's first murder was due to beauty. I think Beauty can fail the all intelligence of any body. For example: Due to Beauty of man who was a slave of Great Roman, the Queen and her friends cut her fingers with the inspire of his beauty.

Junaid
User414413
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by junaidzakria)
History tell us that world 's first murder was due to beauty.
Where?
Martyn*
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Didn't the beauty of Helen of Troy launch a thousand ships? Cleopatra was said to be the most beautiful woman in the world, including the most powerful and the most mysterious. It was Eve who enticed Adam according to Hebrew mythology. Aphrodite fell in love with Adonis. Beauty is said to have created the first love-poems, like those of ancient Egypt (i.e. Chester Beaty Papyrus).
AnarchistNutter
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Martyn*)
Didn't the beauty of Helen of Troy launch a thousand ships? It was Eve who enticed Adam according to Hebrew mythology. Aphrodite fell in love with Adonis. Beauty is said to have created the first love-poems, like those of ancient Egypt (i.e. Chester Beaty Papyrus).
All myths.

Cleopatra was said to be the most beautiful woman in the world, including the most powerful and the most mysterious.
Actually Cleopatra was said to be quite tomboyish in her looks. She was said to lure men with her charm.

All this said, beauty is a highly subjective thing anyway so does it have any real relevance?
Martyn*
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by AnarchistNutter)
All myths.

Actually Cleopatra was said to be quite tomboyish in her looks. She was said to lure men with her charm.

All this said, beauty is a highly subjective thing anyway so does it have any real relevance?
Yes I know. I watched a programe about Cleopatra and some of the coins from Rome that feature her face.
christine18
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Intelligence. Beauty is a mere stepping stone, that an intelligent person is able to use to their best advantage. I mean, there are so many beautiful people in the world. There are many beautiful people who work at Tesco, too! But intelligence is what will get you ahead in life.
Look at Condoleezza Rice, Pratibha Patil and men like Kim-Jong Il and Leonel Fernadez; not the best looking people, but they had the brains
sylvie92
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
I think that more than intelligence or beauty, astuteness matters. There are a lot of incredibly beautiful and intelligent people, but if they aren't smart enough to face life, they will end up doing nothing special, like those people considered "stupid"!
AnarchistNutter
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by sylvie92)
I think that more than intelligence or beauty, astuteness matters. There are a lot of incredibly beautiful and intelligent people, but if they aren't smart enough to face life, they will end up doing nothing special, like those people considered "stupid"!
How astute of you!
Komakino
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
I would say its very hard to argue that beauty is more influential than intelligence, after all its intelligence that drives all change that is man-made. Beauty is influential to the extent that it shapes our own self-image, we are encouraged in the western world to think about our appearance.
99 Red Balloons
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
I would say that while I think intelligence is more important, beauty is definitely more influential. While intelligence does lead to progress and should not be underestimated, in today's society beauty gives much more immediate success, and from looking at the way the media influences us we place a great emphasis on the way people look, making it an important stepping stone in our culture. Of course, it shouldn't really be that way!
vitamortis
Badges: 15
Report 11 years ago
intelligence and creativity have been the most influential aspects in all of human history.
yoyo462001
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Intelligence is beauty.
Law123mus
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by junaidzakria)
Under my opinion, the beauty is world 's most powerful equipment. History tell us that world 's first murder was due to beauty. I think Beauty can fail the all intelligence of any body. For example: Due to Beauty of man who was a slave of Great Roman, the Queen and her friends cut her fingers with the inspire of his beauty.

Junaid
Care to elaborate on this?
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Hmm influcence... DEFINITELY Beauty

I believe the lucky few who carry beauty, inner beauty and intelligence are the most desirable people :sexface:
Law123mus
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by christine18)
Intelligence. Beauty is a mere steeping stone, that an intelligent person is able to use to their best advantage. I mean, there are so many beautiful people in the world. There are many beautiful people who work at Tesco, too! But Intelligence is what will get you ahead in life.
Look at Condoleezza Rice, Pratibha Patil and men like Kim-Jong Il and Leonel Fernadez; not the best looking people, but they had the brains!
Kim-jong Il are you serious. He's only where his is because his daddy was a mean dictator and now he's even worse!
username158564
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Beauty has more power in the short-term, due to the power of the media and its hype about beauty and looks.
Intelligence, on the other hand, has much more influence in the long run.
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by yoyo462001)
Intelligence is beauty.
Gay Answer.

NEXT!
yoyo462001
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by T-Toe)
Gay Answer.

NEXT!
That's why your ugly :hand:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (66)
66.67%
No (25)
25.25%
I didn't use it to prepare (8)
8.08%

Watched Threads