The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Would like to know this too...
No they don't work.
Not in my experience anyway.
You will just get walked all over, then cry about it in the night.
Anonymous

Why would you like to know this too when you quite clearly started this thread?

In answer to your rather pointless question, I think someone should tell you about BDSM, seems as though you'd have a blast.
Reply 4
So I'm just supposed to go for shy girls then?
Reply 5
Can anyone say "Doormat?"
Some girls might find the shyness endearing but generally if the girl is more confident and outspoken you'll just get manipulated. Although this doesn't necessarily mean you should only go for shy girls as it's nonsensical to categorise girls simply as "confident" or "shy".
Reply 6
Anonymous

Don't know how the anon feature works? :teehee:.
Reply 7
Jesus Christ, surely it depends how dominant, how shy, in what ways, other qualities about the two people?

Otherwise you'll get comments about how they do/don't work based on one exprience somebody has had or their failed logic. I might go as far as to say they probably do work and don't work just like many millions of other relationships.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 8
Your asking to be a doormat
Reply 9
Opposites attract...to an extent. I can't really imagine Peter Andre going on a date with Gail Trimble.

Not that it wouldn't be interesting.
Reply 10
I would assume it would be OK.

As long as you weren't willing to be pushed around.

Also, bitchy girls :sogood:
Reply 11
heloooooooooooo::eek3:
The relationship would work if you made it work.
I'm a shy girl, and I quite like strong confident guys [I get frustrated at shy people :p:] but I'm certainly no doormat. I'm just shy in situations with lots of strangers and I don't talk a huge amount.

If you're the sort of shy where you won't stand up to anyone, I'd suggest it wasn't a good idea, but if you're shy but can hold your own..there's no real reason why it shouldn't work.
Reply 14
I'n my opinion, these types of relationships rarely work. I wouldn't say I'm dominating but I'm certainly not shy when it comes to guys, and wouldn't hesitate to tell a guy that I liked him etc. I'm more attracted to shy guys but get SO frustrated as the majority of the time, they either 1. don't pick up on signals, 2.are to shy to make a move and 3.I can never tell if they are just being really friendly or wether they do have feelings for you.

Give it a go, though.
Reply 15
Course it can work, if that's what you both like. Whatever floats your boat.
Hahaha weak.
Reply 17
:facepalm:
Reply 18
Aj12
Your asking to be a doormat

o_o what do you mean by a doormat? :s-smilie:
:biggrin: I'm pretty sure you don't mean the actual thing.
Reply 19
lol you want a dominatrix

Latest

Trending

Trending