The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Lurker
Hee, I love Frasier. But I read somewhere that American's are usually more impressed with Oxford than Cambridge, because of Rhodes scholars, and because they think of Cambridge in Massachusettes when people say Cambridge. ( :mad: ... someone should tell them it's easily as good as Oxford!)
:smile:

Just tell them Harvard in Cambridge, New England (Massachusettes) was founded by a Cambridge graduate, John Harvard.
Reply 21
Kyrotec
Can someone summarise how you would go about applying to the university :tongue: rather than giving a link plz. Any info would be much appreciated.

Writing out the entire process would take me a day. Click on the link I gave you before (http://www.fulbright.co.uk/eas/studyus/undergraduate/index.html) ...they practically spell it all for you. Time line for what to do and all. It's up to you to research what to do!
Reply 22
Kyrotec
Can someone summarise how you would go about applying to the university :tongue: rather than giving a link plz. Any info would be much appreciated.

Different from the schools in UK, there is no UCAS-like system in US. each uni has different deadline, application, etc. after you find out what university you want to apply to (to find out, you should research through those links, though..), visit the uni's website -> most useful :wink:

to some uni you can apply online; to some others you should request for a paper application or print their pdf app. Usually there are two deadlines for the application: Early Action or Early Decision, and Regular Action/Decision. Early means you can get your result/decision from uni earlier. Early Action is not binding while Early Decision is binding (e.g if you choose Upenn early decision, you HAVE to attend when they accept you). For Regulars, you receive decisions from uni in late march or early april. (ps. early action is only for us citizens)

advice: start everything early; their applications are very lengthy. they ask all the details of your extracurricular activities, awards, work experience, etc. some schools' application ask for more than 1 personal statement (with a specific essay question; unlike UCAS personal statement) plus some short essays.

oh, most important thing, you should take SAT 1. competitive score for this test is >600 for each section (math, verbal).

=) hope it's useful
Reply 23
for some universities they don't allow international students to apply for early decision......also sat2 is required by the better schools....most require writing, a maths and usually another test that is related to your intended course of study...
Reply 24
Hey..

Hello.

Can someone please give me a list of Unis in US that I can go Only with my A-level ?????

Thanks
Reply 25
illumintai
Hey..

Hello.

Can someone please give me a list of Unis in US that I can go Only with my A-level ?????

Thanks

dont know of any......maybe some 3rd tier schools....but none of the top 50 i'll bet.....
Reply 26
shunooh
dont know of any......maybe some 3rd tier schools....but none of the top 50 i'll bet.....

did some one in the first page not say Yale ????
Reply 27
illumintai
did some one in the first page not say Yale ????

u dont need sat2 for yale...u can subsititue offical A level grades....i.e not predicted grades...so u would need to take a gap year or do a levels in jan or something........but u do need sat1 for all....
Reply 28
shunooh
u dont need sat2 for yale...u can subsititue offical A level grades....i.e not predicted grades...so u would need to take a gap year or do a levels in jan or something........but u do need sat1 for all....

How Hard is SAT .. What is it ?? what subjects ??

What about SAT 2 ????
Reply 29
sat1 is an apptitude test.....there are 2 sections...each outta 800....the maths is quite simple.....basic trig and logic.....just a bit tricky sometimes......the eng is a test of comprehension and vocab......

sat2 are subject tests......they offer them for most subjects...i.e maths, english (writing) all sciences, etc....go to www.collegeboard.com to find out more about them....

Latest

Trending

Trending