which uni should i choose? Watch

This discussion is closed.
kat
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
hi, i know ive done this before, but could u still continue 2 help me, because i am terribly stuck.
Ive applied to do music and got offers from
durham
n'ham
b'ham
royal holloway
kings col london

do u have any opinions
thanx alot
mangomaz
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hey!
my friend was going to apply for music before (shes applying to conservatoires now) and i think basically her first choices were either b'ham or kings as theyr apparently rreeaallllyyy good 4 music. (im not a musician so i dont really no!)
now deciding between those two... hmm.. b'ham wud b cheaper i suppose but i mean wow london baby!! so i wud choose london.. but i dunno bout u lol... dunno if that helped in any way! lol worth a try..
.NK
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kat)
do u have any opinions
thanx alot
I would recommend Notts to anyone, I'm having a great time here doing psych.
Cacambo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
My sister is at Birmingham studying History and is friendly with a couple of music students, who love their course.

KCL is great - it has a really nice atmosphere from what I could tell from my interview there. The accommodation is pretty nice too. Plus there's the added bonus of the London factor.

I'd go for Birmingham or KCL - either way you'll get a good degree from a reputable uni in a big city!
Worried
Report 16 years ago
Depends on a lot of factors. Out of the above, I prefer (and this is very much personal opinion) KCL, Durham and Notts. KCL is very nice but can be expensive, being a London uni. Durham can be quite far away, depending on where you live, but enjoys a collegiate system which you might prefer. Notts has an excellent campus and I've heard a lot of good things about the uni from friends who study there.

Of those, I'd say Notts.
hornblower
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
In my (biased) opinion the best two are Durham and Nottingham.

I would personally go for Durham - the collegiate system and traditions of the place make it special.

In true Graham from Blind Date style, 'The decision, is YOURS!'

J.
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Birmingham, but then I'm biased. It's good here.
kat
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
hiya!

thanx every1!

ive got down 2 kcl, durham and notts

but durham doesnt look that good 4 music

and i know b'ham was supposed 2 b good, but i didnt feel like i could live there when i visited.

so thanx this has reassured me about my opinions!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (387)
67.19%
No (189)
32.81%

Watched Threads