The Student Room Group

Israeli soldier belly-dancing beside bound Palestinian woman

A number of IDF soldiers have over the last year faced investigation and penalty for documenting themselves performing questionable acts in front of Palestinian prisoners or while on patrol.

By Haaretz Service

A new video uploaded to YouTube shows an Israel Defense Forces soldier wriggling in a belly dance beside a bound and handcuffed Palestinian woman, to the cheers of his comrades who were documenting the incident.

The IDF's internal investigation department ordered an immediate probe into the matter after the Ch. 10 television program Tzinor Laila caught wind of the clip on the internet. The full clip and the details behind the incident will be broadcast on the show just before midnight on Monday.

A number of IDF soldiers have over the last year faced investigation and penalty for documenting themselves performing questionable acts in front of Palestinian prisoners or while on patrol.

In August, former soldier Eden Abergil raised controversy by posting pictures of herself beside a bound and blindfolded Palestinian prisoner on her Facebook page.

Days later, three IDF soldiers were arrested taking photographs of themselves alongside cuffed and blindfolded Palestinian detainees using their cellphones.

Photographs uploaded by Abergil and labeled "IDF the best time of my life," depicted her smiling next to Palestinian prisoners with their hands bound and their eyes covered.

A comment attached to one of the photos of the soldier smiling in front of two blindfold men and posted by one of Abergil's friends read "That looks really sexy for you," with Abergil's response reading: "I wonder if he is on Facebook too I'll have to tag him in the photo."

A comment allegedly added by Abergil to her Facebook page later that wee said that she would "gladly kill Arabs even slaughter them."

"In war there are no rules," Abergil allegedly wrote on the wall of her profile page.

Other soldiers faced disciplinary action over the last year for uploading video of themselves stopping a patrol in the West Bank to dance to American electro-pop singer Kesha's hit Tick Tock.

The video "Batallion 50 Rock the Hebron Casbah" shows six dancing Nahal Brigade soldiers, armed and wearing bulletproof vests, patrolling as a Muslim call to prayer is heard. Then the music changes and they break into a Macarena-like dance.

The video was uploaded over the weekend, and quickly spread across Facebook pages and blogs before it was removed by those who uploaded it.

Haaretz

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Whats with these threads? We get it Israel has done some bad things so have the Palestinians can we not move on and at least give this peace process a try?
Reply 2
Aj12
Whats with these threads? We get it Israel has done some bad things so have the Palestinians can we not move on and at least give this peace process a try?

:ditto:
Aj12

.....Trololololololoo?
Aj12

'tis a genuwine thread.
Reply 5
I'm sorry, but I too do not really see the point in this. Perhaps you should have finished your thread with ''what do you think of this?''.

These things happen all over the world, the Americans did it, Russians did it. Soldiers all over the world do it. These Israeli soldiers are no worse than any of the others.
Just 5 minutes ago I was reading of deaths in a protest in Gaza, where international volunteers attend. But you would never hear a wiff of this stuff unless it was not the Palestinians being killed. Shot, injured, whatever you will. http://palsolidarity.org/2010/09/14683/

Not just Israel, today the Americans droned a mosque in Pakistan.

One day the muslims will seize to be donkeys and may actually see they're being pee'd on.
Lad.
Reply 8
"you naive little mother ******. lick your mum out u smelly ****."

Thanks for this annon neg rep. It really shows your maturity and intelligence
Reply 9
Aj12

What peace process? Israel has decided to carry on building illegal settlements which displace Palestinian people/homes...
Reply 10
4TSR
What peace process? Israel has decided to carry on building illegal settlements which displace Palestinian people/homes...

The Palestinians have not walked out of the talks yet. So there still is some slim hope. Well Israel can no longer claim it is anyone but then stopping the talks.
Reply 11
Aj12
The Palestinians have not walked out of the talks yet. So there still is some slim hope. Well Israel can no longer claim it is anyone but then stopping the talks.

Yeah but threads like these are hardly going to change anything are they?
Reply 12
bigmo7

Don't Israel have a department that go on forums to try to make people seem them in a better light?
Reply 13
Aj12
Don't Israel have a department that go on forums to try to make people seem them in a better light?

So? If they were serious about this peace process they shouldn't really care what the rest of the world think. To not go ahead with this plays in the hands of those against the peace process anyway.
Reply 14
bigmo7

No harm in discussing and expressing opinions :smile: It's a way of spreading knowledge. For all you know, I, or he, could have missed a point totally and discussions like these can have me, or him, change or opinions slightly... Some time discussions and exchange of ideas/opinions has lead to some great things [Maybe it won't here... but who cares :p: ]

Aj12

You do know if israel walks out of the talks because it wants to build settlements, no one can stop them? They have killed aid workers, heavily bombed residential areas and even attacked American war ships in the past... Israel is a bully and it does what it wants and no one can do anything about it. So if Israel doesn't want peace (clearly they don't with the settlement construction and all) no one can do anything about it....

Countries like Iran and thugs like Hizbollah do nothing to help as well...
You guys make me laugh. Deluded. 'Peace Process'? Seriously?

Why would they possibly want a peace process? When you have pound would you want to deal for a penny? When Israeli woman are blindfolded and stuck against a wall and teased by Palestinians/Hamas, then Israel will give a monkeys about this peace bollox.
LOL i love Israel. Thos dirty inbred palestinians will never win, ever.
Reply 17
apparently they are not only terrorists, but sick terrorists
Reply 18
4TSR

I don't understand why everyone blames this on Israel. The 'Palestinians' have also done things to jeopardise the peace talks: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/aug/31/israelis-shot-dead-west-bank

Israel don't kill to try and get a message through..

These threads are such a waste of time. 'i_<3_you' also posted a thread on 'Israeli settlers invading a mosque' yesterday and it was closed because of the comments being thrown between the pro-Israeli and pro-palestinian TSR members. Stop starting these threads, they cause friction between TSR members and they have no use whatsoever. Most of the people who comment are ignorant in the field and don't even read the article. To have a proper opinion in the field one needs to know about constant incidents that happen to both the Israelis and the palestinians. You can't bring one story to bring a proof, it's like taking a line totally out of context from a book.
(edited 13 years ago)
Aj12
"you naive little mother ******. lick your mum out u smelly ****."

Thanks for this annon neg rep. It really shows your maturity and intelligence

Latest

Trending

Trending