This discussion is closed.
*dave*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Has anyone heard anything yet?

I've heard it on the grapevine that there has been so many applicants this year that their typical offer will be AAA and they will interview/test all potential applicants once shortlisted.

Has anyone else heard this or is it all (hopefully) a load of rubbish?!
George-W-Duck
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm with you on the hoping thing, though i wouldn't be too disheartened on AAA, im not into having to take extra tests when we already have so many this year
*dave*
Rep:
?
(Original post by George-W-Duck)
I'm with you on the hoping thing, though i wouldn't be too disheartened on AAA, im not into having to take extra tests when we already have so many this year
Ive heard that all shortlisted applicants take a law apptitude test :s

I just hope they hand out offers without interview/test and please let it be meeeee!
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by *dave*)
Has anyone heard anything yet?

I've heard it on the grapevine that there has been so many applicants this year that their typical offer will be AAA and they will interview/test all potential applicants once shortlisted.

Has anyone else heard this or is it all (hopefully) a load of rubbish?!
you should expect AAA if you are lucky as to get an offer - notts is a really, really popular uni
*dave*
Rep:
?
(Original post by bono)
you should expect AAA if you are lucky as to get an offer - notts is a really, really popular uni
I know ... which is why I wanna go there cos I like it like everyone else does lol!
George-W-Duck
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i know but hopefully the 200 or so from oxbridge will have accepted and be removed from the pool, and people ABB or below will probabl get automatic rejections due to the populairty, so ive only got another 3000 people to compete with.......
*dave*
Rep:
?
i know but hopefully the 200 or so from oxbridge will have accepted and be removed from the pool, and people ABB or below will probabl get automatic rejections due to the populairty, so ive only got another 3000 people to compete with.......
Yeah! ...

But I dont think the oxbridge people will have been removed, because you can't accept your offers in UCAS until you have all your offers ... so they will give out offers to people that are gonna choose it as a second choice

Never mind, lets just hope the nottingham selectors will want me more than the cambridge selctors did ...
George-W-Duck
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
but you can cancel ya application to remaining unis if you have your favourites already, though my three favourites were nottingham durham and warwick, and warwick rejected me so im running short of options...!
*dave*
Rep:
?
but you can cancel ya application to remaining unis if you have your favourites already, though my three favourites were nottingham durham and warwick, and warwick rejected me so im running short of options...!
But i dont think many people do cancel their applications even if they think they know their 2 top choices.

I hope they do though lol ....
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
They are really taking their time with their offers.
stressed_:x
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Nope no news from notts yet... tests??? interviews?? NOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
zom
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
They are really taking their time with their offers.
ive had an offer for law at notts- AB offer
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by zom)
Are you an international student? When did you get your offer?
*dave*
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bhaal85)
Are you an international student? When did you get your offer?
Yeah! When did you get your offer???
Matt the cat
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by zom)
Congratulations on your offer
*dave*
Rep:
?
Anyone heard any news/rumours?
pugnacious
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i know sum1 who got 10 A stars who got an offer of AAB from notts for law
SaeedRehman
Report 16 years ago
everyone dont be disheartened, nottingham have not made any offers yet. if you have not been rejected yet, you still have a good chance to be accepted, but it is true, typical offer will be A A A, and some people will be given interviews, when others just given offers.
*dave*
Rep:
?
(Original post by SaeedRehman)
everyone dont be disheartened, nottingham have not made any offers yet. if you have not been rejected yet, you still have a good chance to be accepted, but it is true, typical offer will be A A A, and some people will be given interviews, when others just given offers.
Have you heard anything?
SaeedRehman
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by *dave*)
Have you heard anything?
no, but i spoke to someone, and do not worry everything is fine. they just waited for all the applicants to apply by the deadline. now that they have, offers and rejections should be undergoing. last year just at the uni of nottingham, 10% of all ucas applicants applied. approximate 500,000 ucas applicants a year.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (5)
50%
Yes- I don't like it (1)
10%
No- I want it (3)
30%
No- I don't want it (1)
10%

Watched Threads